Who played the best? Sharks vs Tigers

swag tiger
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 22 times

Who played the best? Sharks vs Tigers

Unread post by swag tiger » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 9:22 pm

Who has impressed you the most in the Sharks Vs Tigers game. For me it was Tim Grant,Josh Aloaia,Mania Cherrington,Sausao Sue, David Nofoaluma,Luke Brooks,Mitchell Moses and the forward pack as a whole.(It was hard to choose individual players)
Last edited by swag tiger on Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 9:25 pm

1.Teddy
2.woods
3.Brooks/Moses
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 9:31 pm

3. Tedesco
2. Moses
1. Cherrington

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 9:33 pm

3 - Tedesco
2 - Woods
1 - Brooks/Moses

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 9:34 pm

Cherrington looked sharp in attack, but didn't have Ro do any defence.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tiga4eva
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 18 times

Unread post by tiga4eva » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 9:47 pm

I went out to the game so didn't have the benefit of replays, we looked so much better when Brooks came on. But I also thought we improved when Farah left the field. A super player but has the game passed him by?. Please don't make this a Robbie v Taylor thread because it's not, I just think Manaia needs to play a bigger role in this side.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 347 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:00 pm

You blokes are off your head

3. Sue
2. Lawrence
1. Littlejohn

Honourable mentions Tedesco Moses Seumanufagai Naiqama Aloiai...

Naughty Cnr...Perenara..dope..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Bones
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Bones » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:06 pm

The usual suspects, Teddy, Moses, Sue were good. Brooks really changed the game when he came on, much more direction. Thought Tim Grant and Ava were really good. Aloaia looks to have potential and Lovett looked good too.

Think Rankin earned a start over Hunt and Littlejohn will play round one with Brooks suspended.

The concern i have is how easy the Sharks were rolloing up the field in the first half. We were losing the ruck and the line speed wasn't good.

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:06 pm

Watched the game on livestream.(well some of it as i was cooking the bbq) Thought our attack looked pretty good when near the line. Defence is still a worry to me as we seemed to let them roll up the field quite easily.
I actually thought Farah looked good. Cherrington could be lightning but defence suss.
Moses is easily the star of the show at this point. Has the mongrel, has the skill and him and Teddy could form a very lethal partnership.

At this point, and im a realist that this was a TRIAL, we certainly have the ability to surprise a few people and sneak into 8th...maybe. It could easily be the horror show that some have predicted.
We will definately need luck on the injury front, some kindness from the refs ( they will punish us because we are expected to be bad) and some winning confidence to get us on a roll.
A bit like 2005 really.

supercoach
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:08 pm

woods/Sue/Tedesco.....just back from the game and could not split them

gallagher
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 10:56 pm

Best game I've ever seen from Sue, very impressed. Woods and Tedesco as goog as ever and liked what i saw from Grant.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:02 pm

tiga4eva wrote:I went out to the game so didn't have the benefit of replays, we looked so much better when Brooks came on. But I also thought we improved when Farah left the field. A super player but has the game passed him by?. Please don't make this a Robbie v Taylor thread because it's not, I just think Manaia needs to play a bigger role in this side.
Farah was excellent in defence for much of his stay and smart with that reverse pass. He along with the Sharks tired out and so the fresh legs on WT side took over, especially with Ennis off the field. If Taylor did let them play their own game and just direct traffic on and off the field he did it intelligently of not a bit late.

All the smart quick youngsters played excellently, Woods a bit too predictable though very busy in defence and attack. I did not see him do any captain's work in pepping the players up when they were behind. Cherrington was excellent in attack and did tackle sometimes.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:10 pm

I also thought that was the best game I've seen from Sue. He was great. Cherrington is a weapon. I thought Farah was good as well but he came up with some poor options again.

Our spine looks like its quality but we need Cherrington coming on.

Grant was good. Aloaia was good.

gallagher
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 47 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:14 pm

:|
stevetiger wrote:I also thought that was the best game I've seen from Sue. He was great. Cherrington is a weapon. I thought Farah was good as well but he came up with some poor options again.

Yes, Aloaia. Forgot to mention him. Surely he's got a bench spot after tonite, he looked real good.

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:19 pm

3. Teddy, setup tries but his try savers were the difference
2. Sue made meters and did a nice offload
1. Mania once he was on the park we looked heaps better, quicker, sharper and always moving up field with ease

tigger2010
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigger2010 » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:28 pm

Agree supercoach...i think jesse sue is in for a big year,looked like a different tigers team out there today very good in attack,ran plays smoothly and did not force the pass,better kicking game and chase.Josh Alouai looks to have bulked up and has that mongrel in him which could be the impact the tigers need,brooks and moses looking good,brooks in particular his decision making in when to pass,dummy and run spot on today,looks more calm and confident.Tim Grant i thought was good especially his second stint,came on much more agrressive with his hit ups and earned a penalty trying to get a quick play the ball with the sharks defence laying all over him.Defence was sloppy in the middle and some soft tries scored but im putting that down to the trial game and different combos being used out there.One thing i am concerned with after today is our second rowers,up until sironen made his break where he went 40 metres thought he had been going thru the motions and nothing exciting from him or lawrence,although lawrence did score a try off a kick,just cant see these 2 guys causing problems out there for the opposition i hope they prove me wrong.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:35 pm

gallagher wrote::|
stevetiger wrote:I also thought that was the best game I've seen from Sue. He was great. Cherrington is a weapon. I thought Farah was good as well but he came up with some poor options again.

The only poor option I noticed from Farah was after receiving a late off load then failed to pass the ball to James T. whom was ready to carve them up. I don't know if he realised James was there. James should have called out for it. I thought Cherrington was excellent but lacks the short bouncing kick near the line that Robbie excels at.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

greatodensraven
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 20 Feb, 2016 11:42 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
gallagher wrote::|

The only poor option I noticed from Farah was after receiving a late off load then failed to pass the ball to James T. whom was ready to carve them up. I don't know if he realised James was there. James should have called out for it. I thought Cherrington was excellent but lacks the short bouncing kick near the line that Robbie excels at.
Not having a go at Robbie but I reckon he tries that short kick near the line way too often.

Return to “Season 2016 [Off-season, pre-season, trials]”