combinations

galea#11

combinations

Post by galea#11 » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:34 am

Was at game last night watching wat the cameras don't show I can see what taylor is saying
when farah is on we play old school tough slower and brooks has no say !

Then cherrington came on tempo rose and he had sharks on backfoot with brooks and moses playing u20s style which opened game for all players .

Forget the politics of farah has taylor come in gone we don't need a 900k hooker lets buy ballin cheaper contract he can old school tough it out then bring in cherrington to finish them off .
the people I was near were all commenting for farah to keep resting the young guys have got this covered .
Robbie a legend but the youth are starting to control the game

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:08 am

At the ground is crazily noticable the difference in speed at the ruck when Cherro is there.

If we significantly imrpove when Manaia comes on the by round 6 Farah will eother be in state cup or playing less then 40 mins a game in NRL.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:26 am

The biggest thing I saw is exactly what Sirro is stating. Cherrington makes a big difference to the team.

Milky

Post by Milky » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 10:40 am

On the topic of combinations, i loved the Moses/Tedesco, that was breathtaking

Can't wait til round one and especially round two with Brooks back

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 11:29 am

Just watching the game I got feeling Farah brooks bad mixture. Brooks wanted ball bad near line and got nothing
Mania on brooks taking online and came alive
The defence does not like Manai speed and angles The defence have had 10 yrs of robbie and he getting slower as all 30+ players do

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 12:39 pm

I can understand the game got faster when Farah was off field but when game was hot at the beginning he was doing the deadly tackling in deep and making great moves up the centre. And they were winning then. When Sharks began scoring I don't think it was running past him it was running against others. When Cherrington came on it sort of proved that attack can be better than defence when your defence is not solid across the paddock. I still think that Ennis coming off also contributed to Sharks getting netted.

I dare Jason to start a game without Farah kicking off, would decide the issue one way or another.

I got distracted during game so may have missed galea11's point.

As the WT could have very easily lost the game if Sharks had not stuffed up last attack sentiment amongst fans could be different. Also WT fumbled a few tries out wide when Farah still on which would have made a more impressive pic for when he was on. Actually WT were lucky to get out of jail/goal.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 4:05 pm

galea#11 wrote:Was at game last night watching wat the cameras don't show I can see what taylor is saying
when farah is on we play old school tough slower and brooks has no say !

Then cherrington came on tempo rose and he had sharks on backfoot with brooks and moses playing u20s style which opened game for all players .

Forget the politics of farah has taylor come in gone we don't need a 900k hooker lets buy ballin cheaper contract he can old school tough it out then bring in cherrington to finish them off .
the people I was near were all commenting for farah to keep resting the young guys have got this covered .
Robbie a legend but the youth are starting to control the game
This is the reason I was all for moving Farah on. In fact I suggested it well before it started happening. He's a great hooker but for 900k ... not the hooker we need inside our young halves. Ballin is a feed the ball hooker. It would have been a great move if Farah had have sucked it up and accepted it like Jennings and Lewis did.

Joe's Tigers

Post by Joe's Tigers » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 4:48 pm

Another thread bagging Farah. How original. There's only 50 million on here. Cherrington is a player of the future, but his not ready to play 80 minutes. The Farah/Cherrington combo is perfect. Farah can start and around the 30 minute mark, Cherro can come on to take advantage of the tired defenders especially with interchange down to 8. Farah can come back on th 60 minute mark to finish the game.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 5:32 pm

MacDougall wrote:He's a great hooker but for 900k
I reckon Robbie is still a real good player and he was good last night but this is the key issue. He is overpaid for what he offers at this stage of his career.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sun 21 Feb, 2016 8:00 pm

Joe's Tigers wrote:Another thread bagging Farah. How original. There's only 50 million on here. Cherrington is a player of the future, but his not ready to play 80 minutes. The Farah/Cherrington combo is perfect. Farah can start and around the 30 minute mark, Cherro can come on to take advantage of the tired defenders especially with interchange down to 8. Farah can come back on th 60 minute mark to finish the game.
That is 2 interchanges. Interchange both frontrowers off and back on, and you are up to 6. Leaves you 2 changes for the rest of the game. You would be hoping no-one gets injured. I would suggest that there may be an increase in players requiring concussion tests this year.

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 11:34 am

stevetiger wrote:
MacDougall wrote:He's a great hooker but for 900k
I reckon Robbie is still a real good player and he was good last night but this is the key issue. He is overpaid for what he offers at this stage of his career.
See that's what people don't understand, it's an over simplification to say Farah is on $900k for the season. He is being paid that much this year because we underpaid him in previous years. He is effectively being paid for previous years football.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 12:46 pm

Joe's Tigers wrote:Another thread bagging Farah. How original. There's only 50 million on here. Cherrington is a player of the future, but his not ready to play 80 minutes. The Farah/Cherrington combo is perfect. Farah can start and around the 30 minute mark, Cherro can come on to take advantage of the tired defenders especially with interchange down to 8. Farah can come back on th 60 minute mark to finish the game.
Good post. Farah looked pretty sharp out of dummy half setting up that try for Moses in the first half.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 12:54 pm

But his early tackling was brilliant, one on one around the legs getting them early. Good clean footie. Loved one of the commentators having a laugh at Ennis for always conceding penalties.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 22 Feb, 2016 4:08 pm

Has anyone ever thought that this is a deliberate tactic?
To change the tempo of the game to catch the opposition out, we play a more structured conservative type of attack then change it up and throw some speed and skill into the mix.
Would keep the opposition on their toes and be hard to defend against, especially if things fall in our favour possession wise when the change is made.

I understand the Farah bashers bringing the topic up about tempo when Cherry comes on, but that's why you play 2 hookers isn't it? Remember the Cowboys when Payne would go off?
It's a deliberate tactic and one that can also bite you in the backside by carring a hooker on the bench instead of a meter eater.
I notice it's been pretty quiet in regards to the try Farah set up with that beautiful ball to Teddy and equally good support play from Moses to be there to finish, that's as good a try as you'll see all year.
If Cherrington had thrown that ball there would be headlines all over this forum and pages of dribble about how much he's better than Farah and how Farah would never be able to do that etc.
Don't get me wrong i think Cherry is a talent and i'd love to see him have just as long and as good of a career at this club as Farah has had, but he's still doing his apprenticeship and has a long way to go before he's a 80m NRL hooker or overtakes Farah.

galea#11

Post by galea#11 » Tue 23 Feb, 2016 11:33 pm

No one Is doubting or bashing Farah
My viewpoint was brooks farah didn't look right

I said forget the politics. Taylor has come in and seen Farah at 900k compared to other hookers value and made decision move him on

. Get ballin to work with cherrington 1/3 price . Always said would Farah get 900k at Broncos or Melbourne robbie had an advantage over tigers we had to pay overs for him now it's hurting us he over 30 and not the value he was mid 20s