I wouldn't mind us doing what they do at the EPL for the home games

Have the 13 players all walk out with a youngster (boy or girl) at their sides

Great experience for the kids

T and M
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times

Unread post by T and M » Tue 23 Feb, 2016 9:47 pm

If there is chance for rain on match day give out tigers themed cheep plastic ponchos even for opposition supporters.Imagine full stadium in orange black and white.

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 1:20 am

eyewonder wrote:free admission to kids to home games

give out free wests tigers souveneirs to kids;

i remember the late peter moore gave out boxes of chocolates on mothers day-the first 500 mothers through the gate- or anyone who looked like a mother got a box of chocolates.

its like buying something from good guys -they tell you the ticket price- you agree and they take a few dollars off- happy days

kick 200 footballs into the crowd at the first home game - easily done.

generosity goes a long way.
Those are really good ideas eyewonder! :)

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 1:24 am

T and M wrote:If there is chance for rain on match day give out tigers themed cheep plastic ponchos even for opposition supporters.Imagine full stadium in orange black and white.
Great idea T and M, but I doubt the opposition fans would wear them :lol:
I would rather get soaking wet, than wear another teams colours.

glebe_tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by glebe_tiger » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 4:09 am

All ideas mentioned thus far are pretty good. Footballs into the crowd, kids in for free, general stuff given out to kids etc etc plus all these things can be obtained relatively cheap as its all imported from asia. I definitely like the idea of being allowed on to the ground after the game.

Otherwise we could always go the path of the wanderers if there wasn't $50,000 fines to be paid!

Tigermama

Unread post by Tigermama » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 9:18 am

Free meat pies, would see Geo at the front of the line up, for each and every game. :mrgreen:

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:08 pm

tiger_one wrote:This is a great thread, ideas are always great fun to toss around, and who knows where they might end up?

I also enjoy the kiss cam, and the idea of club sponsored "Theme Game Days" opens up lots of potential.
In fact anything that involves the grassroots at-the-ground fans is just what the doctor ordered.

What about a random (say) 5 seats being given special pass to the sheds after the game for a meet and greet with the players etc?

Any more suggestions??
I like it Tiger One. I will email the members' committee with ideas like that once I go through the thread. I've only just had time to look at replies now so tomorrow I'll send the email with suggestions. Hopefully some will be taken on board because I'd love game day to be a real party atmosphere.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:10 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Would be worth mentioning this to one of the fan reps that are part of the committee for Wests.

Surely someone from on here is one?
Yes, will email the committee tomorrow with any worthwhile suggestions.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:11 pm

marzie wrote:You can tweet your ideas to someone on the members committee who can suggest them at the next meeting. NothingButWT is one
I follow NothingButWT on Twitter Marzie so will follow that up, Ta.

happy tiger
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:12 pm

Happened to see an ad for the Richmond Tigers last night

They are offering two different members all travel , accommodation and tickets to all away games interstate

Now that would be worth looking at

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:16 pm

jctiger wrote:The kiss cam works well at the basketball,
There are several others that gets the kids engaged as well, such as playing the drums or paddling the canoe. Both of these use a jungle theme so surely we could get the tiger in there somewhere.
Kids also like fireworks, so any time a try is scored or a penalty is kicked, some fireworks from the goal posts would get them excited.
All someone has to do is go to a game of basketball or the big bash to see how it is done, they are so far ahead of us it isn't funny.
Having said that they have more stoppages in play so it is easier to fill with entertainment.

It's all about entertaining the kids any having them want to come back next time.
Excuse my ignorance jctiger but what is "paddling the canoe?, sounds like a euphemism for something.

happy tiger
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:19 pm

We could also do our version of the Fourex boys that the Cowboys have

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:24 pm

Snake wrote:Winning footy games engages the fans pretty simple actually!
I agree with that but I have attended games where we have won and they have still not been as entertaining to some fans as they could have been, you can still get some pretty ordinary football no matter what the result. My point was what else could be done to add to what is essentially theatre. We need to attract new people to games, new fans of every club but especially this one. It's no point waiting to do something whilst other codes and/or clubs come up with ideas, or whilst other fans come up with ideas. Why can't this club be the leaders in this regard, why cant our fans be the leaders in this regard? In my opinion we have an opportunity to do something great for the club and the game.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:29 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
marzie wrote:In addition to kiss cam NBA does a dance cam as well. Half time kick for cash
We haven't got cash to pay out coaches and players, the fans don't stand a chance. :lol:

Marzies idea isn't that bad eg,if you have a members number..it goes into a draw before the NRL game starts and say pick two numbers who are attending,only attending numbers go in the draw,then they get invited to have a couple of kicks at goal,winner gets a signed polo or cap etc or a meal voucher at say Wests Campo..it would be good if a couple of our lady members have a kick and say make it as easy as possible for them ....what I'm saying is the WTs are allowing fan participation at home games,something along those lines.. .anyway just my input..
It is a good idea. What we need is more crowd interraction, kids love it especially.

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:38 pm

tigertye wrote:It all comes down to the way the club is run. The club need to engage big sponsors first and foremost who are passionate and willing to pump money into the club both in terms of improving the game experience and also in financial arrangements with players to improve our roster.

If home ground facilities are improved, people will be happier to attend games. If membership and game food and drink prices are more affordable, more people will consider signing up. If more people go, more people buy merch, the club generates a better income and the players build confidence by playing in front of bigger crowds. It's a ripple affect.

If better facilities are produced for players and we can sort out this mess of a salary cap and get a few decent backers to top up salaries we can be successful with some great recruitment (hi there Harry?). We've been a team who pays overs for years because players don't have faith that we will be in the 8 at the end of the year so it becomes a financial/business decision if we offer them enough. Instead the majority of the time we get the missed talent like the Austin's, Taupau's who come to us for game time, then once they show their worth they get snapped up or we pay huge overs to keep them. If we end up snaring a decent player, we lose a bunch of youngsters because we had to pay overs for the other guy. You can't operate like amateurs forever or you end up with a salary cap like we have had the last few years.

You compare our side on paper with the Broncos and who do you honestly think most people are going to back?

If things get better off the field, we improve on it. Simples.

I have no doubt if everyone was on the same page with the same dream, the Wests Tigers could be anything. We are so lucky to have the huge junior catchment area we have.

With the way things are though, not many people will be interested in doing a kiss cam for long when we're down by 30 points at half time because we can't compete with the top sides with the big backers week in and week out. We'll continue to be a bottom 8 side.

If the club can get all of it together the fans will be naturally engaged. Hitting drums, singing eye of the tiger in between bites of your pie spilling sauce all over your best jersey, telling the ref "he's blind" when in fact you're the blind one coz you just knocked off your 10th mid strength and the kids kicking footy's around on the hill and doing their Benji steps....that's what it's all about.

What's the old saying - "Lead and they will follow"
To many of us diehard fans winning games is what it is all about but for those who might be looking at the club as a new form of entertainment I don't think it's enough, as I posted before you can still get some drab footy and atmospheres regardless of results. So what I hoped people might share is ideas that would make the night (or Day) more entertaining. What can we do that would be original and better than other clubs in making it a great night out for the family?

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks to everyone for putting in your ideas. I'll email the club (members' committee) tonight and pass on some of the better ones. If anyone can come up with anything else that'd be great.

tigertye
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigertye » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 7:11 pm

doublesonthemain wrote:
tigertye wrote:It all comes down to the way the club is run. The club need to engage big sponsors first and foremost who are passionate and willing to pump money into the club both in terms of improving the game experience and also in financial arrangements with players to improve our roster.

If home ground facilities are improved, people will be happier to attend games. If membership and game food and drink prices are more affordable, more people will consider signing up. If more people go, more people buy merch, the club generates a better income and the players build confidence by playing in front of bigger crowds. It's a ripple affect.

If better facilities are produced for players and we can sort out this mess of a salary cap and get a few decent backers to top up salaries we can be successful with some great recruitment (hi there Harry?). We've been a team who pays overs for years because players don't have faith that we will be in the 8 at the end of the year so it becomes a financial/business decision if we offer them enough. Instead the majority of the time we get the missed talent like the Austin's, Taupau's who come to us for game time, then once they show their worth they get snapped up or we pay huge overs to keep them. If we end up snaring a decent player, we lose a bunch of youngsters because we had to pay overs for the other guy. You can't operate like amateurs forever or you end up with a salary cap like we have had the last few years.

You compare our side on paper with the Broncos and who do you honestly think most people are going to back?

If things get better off the field, we improve on it. Simples.

I have no doubt if everyone was on the same page with the same dream, the Wests Tigers could be anything. We are so lucky to have the huge junior catchment area we have.

With the way things are though, not many people will be interested in doing a kiss cam for long when we're down by 30 points at half time because we can't compete with the top sides with the big backers week in and week out. We'll continue to be a bottom 8 side.

If the club can get all of it together the fans will be naturally engaged. Hitting drums, singing eye of the tiger in between bites of your pie spilling sauce all over your best jersey, telling the ref "he's blind" when in fact you're the blind one coz you just knocked off your 10th mid strength and the kids kicking footy's around on the hill and doing their Benji steps....that's what it's all about.

What's the old saying - "Lead and they will follow"
To many of us diehard fans winning games is what it is all about but for those who might be looking at the club as a new form of entertainment I don't think it's enough, as I posted before you can still get some drab footy and atmospheres regardless of results. So what I hoped people might share is ideas that would make the night (or Day) more entertaining. What can we do that would be original and better than other clubs in making it a great night out for the family?
I totally know where you're coming from, but as I said the "fun" only lasts so long if you're losing games. You just need to look at membership numbers. Would a kiss cam, some fireworks, a 1 in 5000 chance of winning the chance to go into the sheds be enough of a strategy to improve the entertainment at a game...probably not. They're not bad ideas at all, but the club as a whole needs to improve and generate money to make the decent stuff happen.

The first start would be to get a big enough group of Tigers lunatics who just make a lot of noise and have some decent chants the entire game. Think of 'the burrow' at Souths.

I always thought that memberships should incorporate food and drinks, would also save time in the lines.

Kids should have free entry.

Decent live music pre-game.

Have an 'old boys' match a few times a year with a few legends or even a mini cricket game where they pick ticket numbers to join in.

Bring in a comedian each home game that has a finals type setup.

Set up a phone line where you can text your seat number and they bring you a drink.

Penrith just released a deal where you get a jersey and home games for like $200 bucks when you sign up. That's pretty good value.

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by jctiger » Wed 24 Feb, 2016 7:45 pm

doublesonthemain wrote:
jctiger wrote:The kiss cam works well at the basketball,
There are several others that gets the kids engaged as well, such as playing the drums or paddling the canoe. Both of these use a jungle theme so surely we could get the tiger in there somewhere.
Kids also like fireworks, so any time a try is scored or a penalty is kicked, some fireworks from the goal posts would get them excited.
All someone has to do is go to a game of basketball or the big bash to see how it is done, they are so far ahead of us it isn't funny.
Having said that they have more stoppages in play so it is easier to fill with entertainment.

It's all about entertaining the kids any having them want to come back next time.
Excuse my ignorance jctiger but what is "paddling the canoe?, sounds like a euphemism for something.
Very similar to beating the drums, instead of putting a set of bongo drums on the big screen and you beat the drums, a canoe is placed on the screen and you simply pretend your paddling the canoe. I first saw it at an NFL game in Hawaii and the kids love it. We could have the canoe with a tiger in the background and the kids would have to paddle for their lives. Sounds a bit corny but who knows, anything is worth a shot.

Return to “Season 2016 [Off-season, pre-season, trials]”