Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

innsaneink

Re: Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 3:06 pm

We were pathetic last nite... Very very lucky to snatch a draw... Undeserving

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 3:12 pm

Arnie will need to find an Eastern European and fast track him for citizenship.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 18 Nov, 2018 5:19 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 3:12 pm
South American wouldn't go astray either :pray:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 9:13 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 5:19 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Surely it wouldn't take much to bring Bobo back?
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 19 Nov, 2018 2:38 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 19 Nov, 2018 9:13 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 18 Nov, 2018 5:19 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Surely it wouldn't take much to bring Bobo back?
Other big concern is our back 4

They are as slow as the WT's back 5

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Wed 21 Nov, 2018 1:19 pm

beshart can score goals and I thought he became an Australian citizen recently.
how good was aaron mooy last night.i love watching him play.
he has come a long way since his humble wanderers days.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 21 Nov, 2018 2:57 pm

eyewonder wrote:
Wed 21 Nov, 2018 1:19 pm
Berisha has played for Kosovo & Albania so would not qualify I don't think.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 1:55 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 21 Nov, 2018 2:57 pm
eyewonder wrote:
Yeah the Berisha issue was a weird one , as I mentioned to CB at another stage he came out and said he was qualified to become a Oz citizen in Jan of 2017 from memory .....yet went and played for K and A as CB mentioned

Going to call it now , if Chelsea can't take the points from Man City this weekend , City win the EPL title

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 05 Dec, 2018 1:58 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Dec, 2018 1:55 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 21 Nov, 2018 2:57 pm
eyewonder wrote:
Yeah the Berisha issue was a weird one , as I mentioned to CB at another stage he came out and said he was qualified to become a Oz citizen in Jan of 2017 from memory .....yet went and played for K and A as CB mentioned

Going to call it now , if Chelsea can't take the points from Man City this weekend , City win the EPL title
I think once you've played for one nation, you cannot play for another unless of course it is a new nation that previously did not exist.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 4:33 am

What is this strange feeling

Euphoria and confidence , winning 3 games in 8 days , not self destructing , winning games with your stars out .......

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:19 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 4:33 am

Euphoria and confidence , winning 3 games in 8 days , not self destructing , winning games with your stars out .......
And all against EPL powerhouse clubs like Newcastle, Cardiff & Palace ....
:roll:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAWN
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:49 am

Liverpool vs Manchester Utd this week. Let me hatred for United shine!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 11:02 am

hobbo wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:19 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 4:33 am

And all against EPL powerhouse clubs like Newcastle, Cardiff & Palace ....
:roll:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAWN
We have more powerhouses to come as well , Fulham , Saints and Watford Burnley and BHA

We can only beat who they throw up against us , get a chance look at Felipe Anderson's goal , pretty damn good
Last edited by happy tiger on Sun 09 Dec, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 11:03 am

Chris wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:49 am

We thrashed United 3-1 ...............rival ???

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 09 Dec, 2018 12:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 11:03 am
Chris wrote:
Sun 09 Dec, 2018 7:49 am

We thrashed United 3-1 ...............rival ???
Touché!!!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 13 Dec, 2018 10:15 pm

Thoughts on the extra A League sides

Can Sydney or Melbourne have another side that will get genuine support

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Sat 15 Dec, 2018 6:44 pm

Just some quirky trivia about the EPL games ahead over this week-end:

Man City have won only two of their last seven matches against Everton in all competitions and have managed only one clean sheet in that run. Everton have drawn their last three PL away matches against City, with only four goals being scored in these meetings (two each).

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) has scored in his last two PL appearances against Leicester. He has never netted in three consecutive matches against a single opponent in the competition.
Leicester have won only three of their last 14 matches at Selhurst Park in all competitions, with the most recent victory coming in 2015/16 when they won the title.

The Terriers are looking to record consecutive top-flight home wins over Newcastle for the first time since April 1955.
Of Newcastle's Premier League goals this season, 54 per cent have come from headers, with seven out of 13. That the highest proportion in the division.

Spurs have lost only one of their eight PL matches against Burnley, with that defeat coming back in May 2010 under Harry Redknapp. Harry Kane has scored four goals in five PL appearances against Burnley, including a hat-trick in the last meeting, when Spurs won 3-0 last December.
Burnley are looking for their first away win against Spurs in any competition since January 1983, when they triumphed 4-1 in a League Cup quarter-final.

Watford have lost their last two Premier League home matches. They've not lost three in a row at home in the top flight since April 1988, when the run continued to five matches. Troy Deeney is yet to score for Watford against Cardiff in six appearances.
Having beaten Southampton in their last outing, Cardiff are looking to secure consecutive top-flight victories for the first time since April 1962.

Wolves have an opportunity to secure a third consecutive top-flight league victory for the first time since March 1980.
AFC Bournemouth's last six PL goals have come in the first half. They last scored after half-time against Fulham on 27 October.

The Hammers have the chance to secure a fourth consecutive PL victory for the first time since February 2014, when Sam Allardyce was their manager. West Ham haven't won any of their last seven PL away matches against sides starting the day bottom of the table, and have drawn the last four. Their last such victory was against QPR in October 2012.

Brighton are looking for their first victory over Chelsea in any competition since January 1933, when they won 2-1 in an FA Cup third-round tie.
Eden Hazard (Chelsea) has provided an assist in his last three PL matches, laying on four goals in total in that period.

Southampton's Charlie Austin has scored in all four of his Premier League matches against Arsenal.
Arsenal have won only one of their last seven PL away fixtures against Southampton, with that victory coming in May 2017.

Liverpool are looking for their first win in nine PL matches against Man Utd. Liverpool's attacking trio of Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane are all yet to score or assist in a PL match for the club against United, despite playing a combined total of 855 minutes.
Jose Mourinho (Manchester United manager) has won 50 per cent of his PL away matches at Anfield. Juan Mata has been involved in seven PL goals against Liverpool (three goals, four assists), including three in his last three at Anfield.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 16 Dec, 2018 6:30 am

tiger_one wrote:
Sat 15 Dec, 2018 6:44 pm
Just some quirky trivia about the EPL games ahead over this week-end:

Man City have won only two of their last seven matches against Everton in all competitions and have managed only one clean sheet in that run. Everton have drawn their last three PL away matches against City, with only four goals being scored in these meetings (two each).

Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace) has scored in his last two PL appearances against Leicester. He has never netted in three consecutive matches against a single opponent in the competition.
Leicester have won only three of their last 14 matches at Selhurst Park in all competitions, with the most recent victory coming in 2015/16 when they won the title.

The Terriers are looking to record consecutive top-flight home wins over Newcastle for the first time since April 1955.
Of Newcastle's Premier League goals this season, 54 per cent have come from headers, with seven out of 13. That the highest proportion in the division.

Spurs have lost only one of their eight PL matches against Burnley, with that defeat coming back in May 2010 under Harry Redknapp. Harry Kane has scored four goals in five PL appearances against Burnley, including a hat-trick in the last meeting, when Spurs won 3-0 last December.
Burnley are looking for their first away win against Spurs in any competition since January 1983, when they triumphed 4-1 in a League Cup quarter-final.

Watford have lost their last two Premier League home matches. They've not lost three in a row at home in the top flight since April 1988, when the run continued to five matches. Troy Deeney is yet to score for Watford against Cardiff in six appearances.
Having beaten Southampton in their last outing, Cardiff are looking to secure consecutive top-flight victories for the first time since April 1962.

Wolves have an opportunity to secure a third consecutive top-flight league victory for the first time since March 1980.
AFC Bournemouth's last six PL goals have come in the first half. They last scored after half-time against Fulham on 27 October.

The Hammers have the chance to secure a fourth consecutive PL victory for the first time since February 2014, when Sam Allardyce was their manager. West Ham haven't won any of their last seven PL away matches against sides starting the day bottom of the table, and have drawn the last four. Their last such victory was against QPR in October 2012.

Brighton are looking for their first victory over Chelsea in any competition since January 1933, when they won 2-1 in an FA Cup third-round tie.
Eden Hazard (Chelsea) has provided an assist in his last three PL matches, laying on four goals in total in that period.

Southampton's Charlie Austin has scored in all four of his Premier League matches against Arsenal.
Arsenal have won only one of their last seven PL away fixtures against Southampton, with that victory coming in May 2017.

Liverpool are looking for their first win in nine PL matches against Man Utd. Liverpool's attacking trio of Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane are all yet to score or assist in a PL match for the club against United, despite playing a combined total of 855 minutes.
Jose Mourinho (Manchester United manager) has won 50 per cent of his PL away matches at Anfield. Juan Mata has been involved in seven PL goals against Liverpool (three goals, four assists), including three in his last three at Anfield.
Happily we put that issue to bed

Steadily climbing now in equal 8th , potentially 7-9 points from the next 3 games