Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

happy tiger

Re: Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

Post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm

Did anyone else watch last nights game in Women's Asian Cup between Australia v Japan

The last 6 minutes I've never seen anything like it

Australia had just equalized through Sam Kerr to get back to 1-1

Both sides had then qualified for the semis of the Asian Cup and the World Cup based on the 1-1 result

So when Japan kick off they pass the ball back to their back 4 and for the next 6 minutes the back 4 pass the ball between themselves and the Matildas just stood back and watched them

I'd hope something is done about it in the future , could almost reach a match fixing level .... not a pretty look for sport / football

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
Did anyone else watch last nights game in Women's Asian Cup between Australia v Japan

The last 6 minutes I've never seen anything like it

Australia had just equalized through Sam Kerr to get back to 1-1

Both sides had then qualified for the semis of the Asian Cup and the World Cup based on the 1-1 result

So when Japan kick off they pass the ball back to their back 4 and for the next 6 minutes the back 4 pass the ball between themselves and the Matildas just stood back and watched them

I'd hope something is done about it in the future , could almost reach a match fixing level .... not a pretty look for sport / football
What can you do though, it's like in the South American qualifiers for the World Cup, when Colombia were playing Peru on the last day, and Falcao was telling players on both sides to ride out the draw. Sure it's terrible to watch, but it's the smartest thing to do. Why risk losing the game and missing out on the next round when you don't need to. Comparing it to people who throw games for money is a little harsh.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 28 Apr, 2018 10:45 pm

Cmon you dirty Scousers , help the Hammers out and put a few past Stoke

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:09 am

Any one watching the A league grand final here in my hood Newcastle this wknd? It's a sell out....

Not a soccer guy but I'll give it a watch on the tele and see how the local team goes... Should be starting just as our tigers game finishes.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:13 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:09 am
Any one watching the A league grand final here in my hood Newcastle this wknd? It's a sell out....

Not a soccer guy but I'll give it a watch on the tele and see how the local team goes... Should be starting just as our tigers game finishes.
Soccer is a funny game to watch , watch a great game and you'll never forget it , but the stinkers are stinkers that for sure

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:15 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:13 am
Demps wrote:

Soccer is a funny game to watch , watch a great game and you'll never forget it , but the stinkers are stinkers that for sure
This will be the first game I've watched.
Should be fun tho...
Jets are usually losers hey
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:19 am

Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:15 am
happy tiger wrote:
Demps wrote:

Should be fun tho...
Yeah give it time Demps , finals in soccer can be some real slow builders and then the last 20 can be absolutely brilliant

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:21 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:19 am
Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:15 am
happy tiger wrote:
Demps wrote:

Should be fun tho...
Yeah give it time Demps , finals in soccer can be some real slow builders and then the last 20 can be absolutely brilliant
Hopefully not sulking cos the tigers lose before, lol...
Me and a few lads will watch and have a feed so it should be fun either way.
#Unbeatable

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 05 May, 2018 10:43 pm

What a game tonight eh?

Melb getting the win off an offside kick.
Typical.

Not a soccer fan but enjoyed it.
Melb goal keeper definitely the best on field tonight.
#Unbeatable

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 05 May, 2018 10:54 pm

Now I need WHU to win tonight

I'll call it now , they lose and they will be relegated

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 05 May, 2018 11:48 pm

Go whoever is playing WHAM...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 06 May, 2018 8:08 am

Geo. wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 11:48 pm
Go whoever is playing WHAM...
Leicester 0 WHU 2

WBA 1 Spurs 0

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Sun 06 May, 2018 8:21 am

unfortunately the a league grand final was a pretty ordinary game.newy were poor and victory were a bit better.
the new socceroo coach was watching the game ,looking for prospective world cup players- petratos looked good.apart from that ,he couldnt have been too impressed.
hate to be a negative nell,but how did the vra not pick up the offside play for the victory goal.two attackers were in an offside position when the ball was played.
unless foxtel has a different camera angle to what the vra has,it was offside.
why have the vra ?
got me buggered.

eyewonder

unfortunately the a league grand final was a pretty ordinary game.newy were poor and victory were a bit better.
the new socceroo coach was watching the game ,looking for prospective world cup players- petratos looked good.apart from that ,he couldnt have been too impressed.
hate to be a negative nell,but how did the vra not pick up the offside play for the victory goal.two attackers were in an offside position when the ball was played.
why have the vra ?
got me buggered.

eyewonder

why have the vra ?
got me buggered.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 09 May, 2018 11:13 pm

WHU found a way to stay up , but not real impressed

Nice to see Southampton look like they will stay up as well

Be nice to be blowing bubbles for the right reasons , not because we are drowning near the bottom of the EPL every season

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 09 May, 2018 11:15 pm

Can't believe Sunderland dropped two leagues in two seasons

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Thu 10 May, 2018 2:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:15 pm
Can't believe Sunderland dropped two leagues in two seasons
Tougher competition than the Epl mate .
Wonder how many Sunderland players had get out clauses when they were demoted from the EPL ?

Spurs have secured a champions league birth with a top 4 finish and it was good to see Chelsea choke !

West Ham totally suck and should be kicked out just because :lol:
(Perennial plodders).

Hope Derby get over Fulham in the playoffs for the right to play in the EPL and beyond :pray:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !