Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

happy tiger

Re: Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

Post by happy tiger » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm

Did anyone else watch last nights game in Women's Asian Cup between Australia v Japan

The last 6 minutes I've never seen anything like it

Australia had just equalized through Sam Kerr to get back to 1-1

Both sides had then qualified for the semis of the Asian Cup and the World Cup based on the 1-1 result

So when Japan kick off they pass the ball back to their back 4 and for the next 6 minutes the back 4 pass the ball between themselves and the Matildas just stood back and watched them

I'd hope something is done about it in the future , could almost reach a match fixing level .... not a pretty look for sport / football

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 6:28 pm
Did anyone else watch last nights game in Women's Asian Cup between Australia v Japan

The last 6 minutes I've never seen anything like it

Australia had just equalized through Sam Kerr to get back to 1-1

Both sides had then qualified for the semis of the Asian Cup and the World Cup based on the 1-1 result

So when Japan kick off they pass the ball back to their back 4 and for the next 6 minutes the back 4 pass the ball between themselves and the Matildas just stood back and watched them

I'd hope something is done about it in the future , could almost reach a match fixing level .... not a pretty look for sport / football
What can you do though, it's like in the South American qualifiers for the World Cup, when Colombia were playing Peru on the last day, and Falcao was telling players on both sides to ride out the draw. Sure it's terrible to watch, but it's the smartest thing to do. Why risk losing the game and missing out on the next round when you don't need to. Comparing it to people who throw games for money is a little harsh.