Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4238
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Re: Soccer talk and Banter , keep it all here

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 31 Jan, 2018 9:09 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 31 Jan, 2018 5:37 pm
Millwall and League One are still a much higher calibre than Melbourne City and the A-League.

If he is getting minutes there it's only a good thing for us.
League one has some good teams, like Wigan, ain't that right Hap?


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 31 Jan, 2018 11:39 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 31 Jan, 2018 2:50 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 31 Jan, 2018 2:02 am
Cahill to Millwall , glad he found a club , but why Millwall
Cause West Ham suk..
If you multiply your hate for Manly by 100 that's how West Ham fans feel about Millwall :twisted:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 31 Jan, 2018 11:44 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Wed 31 Jan, 2018 9:09 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 31 Jan, 2018 5:37 pm
Millwall and League One are still a much higher calibre than Melbourne City and the A-League.

If he is getting minutes there it's only a good thing for us.
League one has some good teams, like Wigan, ain't that right Hap?
Extremely good teams MM

You know I used to like you hey mate :lol:

And what was worse that Masuaku are only attacking midfield option left got 6 weeks for spitting

I'm not saying things can not get any worse because they do

If we don't find some players today / tomorrow in the transfer window , I honestly think we could go down

Yes we are getting players back , but we have the toughest draw over the last 8 weeks , 5 top 6 teams from memory :cry:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

I often like to compare the antics of WHU and the Wests Tigers and think that WHU have taken a massive leap forward in their incompetency levels at a ownership level and management level

You be the judge

Get beaten by Wigan in the FA Cup , a team 2 Leagues below them

Then their only signature on the transfer day when they have 11 players out injured (5 strikers ) is a striker from a league below who many believe they paid way overs for

Yet they had an experienced Russian striker ( Smolov ) almost begging them to take him wanting to prove himself for selection in this years World Cup

Then they miss out on Slimani from Leicester because of comments made by Karren Brady , vice chairman of WHU

Then they miss Dendoncker from Anderlecht because they won't cough up another 1 million pounds

Then the club manages to alienate an entire continent of fottballers when the head of Recruitment Tony Henry when he tells agents he doesn't want to sign any more African players because they have bad attitudes when they don't start games

Seems to forget we actually still have African players

And to top it all off we get belted 3-1 and have the double done on us by a recently promoted side (and the scoreline should of been 7-1 )

Top it off the Ginger Pele James Collins (heart and soul of West Ham and Keefy's twin brother ), comes over to the away fans , apologizes and gives the money sign to them ..........

Down , down , down

West Ham going down

Thank you David Gold and Sullivan , time to stick to making movies , go away (you know what I mean) and take that stupid so and so Karren Brady with you

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8622
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:07 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 8:39 am
I often like to compare the antics of WHU and the Wests Tigers and think that WHU have taken a massive leap forward in their incompetency levels at a ownership level and management level

You be the judge

Get beaten by Wigan in the FA Cup , a team 2 Leagues below them

Then their only signature on the transfer day when they have 11 players out injured (5 strikers ) is a striker from a league below who many believe they paid way overs for

Yet they had an experienced Russian striker ( Smolov ) almost begging them to take him wanting to prove himself for selection in this years World Cup

Then they miss out on Slimani from Leicester because of comments made by Karren Brady , vice chairman of WHU

Then they miss Dendoncker from Anderlecht because they won't cough up another 1 million pounds

Then the club manages to alienate an entire continent of fottballers when the head of Recruitment Tony Henry when he tells agents he doesn't want to sign any more African players because they have bad attitudes when they don't start games

Seems to forget we actually still have African players

And to top it all off we get belted 3-1 and have the double done on us by a recently promoted side (and the scoreline should of been 7-1 )

Top it off the Ginger Pele James Collins (heart and soul of West Ham and Keefy's twin brother ), comes over to the away fans , apologizes and gives the money sign to them ..........

Down , down , down

West Ham going down

Thank you David Gold and Sullivan , time to stick to making movies , go away (you know what I mean) and take that stupid so and so Karren Brady with you
Who cares ?


FACT ...
Wests Tigers would beat West Ham at a game of Soccer !
Suck it princess :bawling
:roll


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 9:13 am

True Hobbo

On a brighter note , when I was getting the link to listen to the WHU game last night somehow it got the start of the Millwall game

BBC and Millwall are Cahill crazy , the away fans were chanting about Cahill returning and the commentators pre game were raving about him being an International superstar

He didn't play last night , lets hope Cahill can find some stellar form and a score a few goals and Millwall get flogged 7-3 every week

That's about as nice as I can be to Millwall sorry , any other time I hope North Korea repeatedly nukes the Stadium with every Millwall fan in it

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 5:30 pm

WHU sign Evra

Its official , London Stadium has become a retirement village

The combined age of our possible back 5 and GK is 230 years

We have signed some great players , pity they were great the last time WT's won a premiership

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4238
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

I think Evra would do well under Moyes, at Everton he used his fullbacks as an attacking outlet (I believe Baines holds both he goals and assists record for a premier league defender), however I don't see the point in bringing in a player who is well past his best and who comes with a lot of baggage when you have a perfectly fine option in his position (Cresswell, I think Evra will play second fiddle to him). I don't think he would be cheap either.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am

Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8622
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:30 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....
Lock me in dopey :D

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:37 am

hobbo wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:30 am
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....
Lock me up dopey :D
What you aren't already :crazy ;)

You play nice , you need WHU's help this weekend to jump those dirty Scousers

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 8622
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 12 Feb, 2018 12:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:37 am
hobbo wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:30 am
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....
Lock me up dopey :D
What you aren't already :crazy ;)

You play nice , you need WHU's help this weekend to jump those dirty Scousers
West ham 4 Liverpool 1

Lock it it

:roll

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4238
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:37 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....
Because outside the top 6 everyone else is hopeless :lol: Burnley have been good in patches, Leicester too, but Everton in 9th have been diabolical this season, yet are still in contention for a Europa League spot again.

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1458
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Tue 13 Feb, 2018 11:20 pm

Was with someone today who (as a Liverpool fan) thinks Mo Salah is the King of Egypt!

I'm really enjoying the race between Liverpool and Spurs to get that automatic Champions League pozzy in the top 4.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 12:55 am

tiger_one wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 11:20 pm
Was with someone today who (as a Liverpool fan) thinks Mo Salah is the King of Egypt!

I'm really enjoying the race between Liverpool and Spurs to get that automatic Champions League pozzy in the top 4.
He has been top quality this season T_1

He can come to the Hammers on a free transfer whenever he likes

(Waits for Chris to hit the roof ) :lol:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:14 am

Marshall_magic wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:37 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....
Because outside the top 6 everyone else is hopeless :lol: Burnley have been good in patches, Leicester too, but Everton in 9th have been diabolical this season, yet are still in contention for a Europa League spot again.
Injuries have played a huge part for many sides , I know WHU for example have only had 16 players available from their entire senior squad twice this season and even last start both they and Watford only had 17 senior players available

I know this is a lot of coulda , woulda and shoulda's but I wonder how we would of gone if we could have kept Reid , Noble , Obiang , Arnautovic , Lanzini , Antonio , Cresswell and Masuaku all fit for even 33 games this season

The 4 games we played v the Top 6 sides with close to our top side we had an unlucky loss to Man City , win against Chelsea and Arsenal , and a draw v Spurs

After Liverpool we have virtually no excuses , Lanzini and Masuaku are both back and the only possible starters missing will be Obiang and Carroll

Everton are missing some players (especially Lukaku ) and you have left some top notch players go as well

Its funny , if you had told me we would of ended up with Moyes and you would of ended with Big Sam a few years ago we would have laughed ourselves to death :lol:

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4238
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:53 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:14 am
Marshall_magic wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:37 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....
Because outside the top 6 everyone else is hopeless :lol: Burnley have been good in patches, Leicester too, but Everton in 9th have been diabolical this season, yet are still in contention for a Europa League spot again.
Injuries have played a huge part for many sides , I know WHU for example have only had 16 players available from their entire senior squad twice this season and even last start both they and Watford only had 17 senior players available

I know this is a lot of coulda , woulda and shoulda's but I wonder how we would of gone if we could have kept Reid , Noble , Obiang , Arnautovic , Lanzini , Antonio , Cresswell and Masuaku all fit for even 33 games this season

The 4 games we played v the Top 6 sides with close to our top side we had an unlucky loss to Man City , win against Chelsea and Arsenal , and a draw v Spurs

After Liverpool we have virtually no excuses , Lanzini and Masuaku are both back and the only possible starters missing will be Obiang and Carroll

Everton are missing some players (especially Lukaku ) and you have left some top notch players go as well

Its funny , if you had told me we would of ended up with Moyes and you would of ended with Big Sam a few years ago we would have laughed ourselves to death :lol:
Moyes' last game in charge of Everton was against West Ham. The West Ham fans chanted "Where's your Moyesy gone?" The Everton fans responded with "You've got Sam Allardyce"

IN all seriousness, our season has been a disaster. No Lukaku replacement signed, stuffing around replacing a manager and employing Sam Allardyce. Despite all that we could still finish 7th, and start over. I think you have your top 6, who are miles ahead of the rest, followed by Leicester, Everton & Burnley fighting it out for 7th-9th, although Burnley are slipping, with everyone else essentially in a relegation battle. The true test of ambition for these clubs will be who shuts up shop when they hit 40 points and who keeps going.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 15 Feb, 2018 11:00 pm

Marshall_magic wrote:
Thu 15 Feb, 2018 10:53 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Feb, 2018 1:14 am
Marshall_magic wrote:
Tue 13 Feb, 2018 10:37 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 12 Feb, 2018 11:22 am
Crazy season 4 points separating 9 sides from 10-19th in the EPL and the leaders out by 16 points

You'd be pulling your hair out if we had a Predict 6 comp this year

Which is the plan next season for any people interested ....
Because outside the top 6 everyone else is hopeless :lol: Burnley have been good in patches, Leicester too, but Everton in 9th have been diabolical this season, yet are still in contention for a Europa League spot again.
Injuries have played a huge part for many sides , I know WHU for example have only had 16 players available from their entire senior squad twice this season and even last start both they and Watford only had 17 senior players available

I know this is a lot of coulda , woulda and shoulda's but I wonder how we would of gone if we could have kept Reid , Noble , Obiang , Arnautovic , Lanzini , Antonio , Cresswell and Masuaku all fit for even 33 games this season

The 4 games we played v the Top 6 sides with close to our top side we had an unlucky loss to Man City , win against Chelsea and Arsenal , and a draw v Spurs

After Liverpool we have virtually no excuses , Lanzini and Masuaku are both back and the only possible starters missing will be Obiang and Carroll

Everton are missing some players (especially Lukaku ) and you have left some top notch players go as well

Its funny , if you had told me we would of ended up with Moyes and you would of ended with Big Sam a few years ago we would have laughed ourselves to death :lol:
Moyes' last game in charge of Everton was against West Ham. The West Ham fans chanted "Where's your Moyesy gone?" The Everton fans responded with "You've got Sam Allardyce"

IN all seriousness, our season has been a disaster. No Lukaku replacement signed, stuffing around replacing a manager and employing Sam Allardyce. Despite all that we could still finish 7th, and start over. I think you have your top 6, who are miles ahead of the rest, followed by Leicester, Everton & Burnley fighting it out for 7th-9th, although Burnley are slipping, with everyone else essentially in a relegation battle. The true test of ambition for these clubs will be who shuts up shop when they hit 40 points and who keeps going.
40 points get you out of trouble ....... ??

I reckon you may need 41-42 with a lot of lower ranked sides hitting some form

If we get all our players back in the same form that a few of the others coming back from injury have come back in I'm not ruling us out making Top 9

Post Reply