UFC: Discussion

Swordy

Re: UFC: Discussion

Post by Swordy » Sat 04 Aug, 2018 5:19 pm

I hope TJ can hand that grub another beating. If Cody G can keep his emotions in check instead of being so personal, he would do much better. Dillashaw will be at his best again because quite simply if he isn't, he will have seven shades of you know what belted out of him. I know I would.

Cody G is just a wannabe bully who thinks mind games win fights. Not always, chump. Having said that, he could be white hot.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 8:05 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 5:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 4:18 pm
CocaCola wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 4:10 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 8:37 am
Card was great

Derrick Lewis fight was a bore.
Well done to DC for the big win.
Loved the Pettis fight too.
DC fight was good.
Lewis vs Ngannou was bizarre, I would hate to be the next opponent for Francis after that performance.
Did you get to see the Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall fight in the prelims? Costa looks massive for the middleweight division. I predict either him or Kelvin Gastelum to challenge for the title at some stage next year.
Watched all fights except fight pass ones.

Costo is surely not clean, he looks massive... Passes all tests tho and comes up steroid free but looks like a genetic freak.
Big future for him. Great fight too.

Lewis, Francis fight was horrid.
Zzzz.

Fun card tho. Loved it
Who wins tomorrow, Garbrandt or Dillashaw?
Hoping Garbrandt gives him a beating.
DJ vs Cedjudo will be a non-event you would think, DJ in a cakewalk. Surprised DJ hasn't really tested himself by going up a division.
I hope TJ wins.
Would kill any momentum for Cody.

Then TJ VS DJ...

Cub fight looks goods too!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 11:34 am

Swordy wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 5:19 pm
I hope TJ can hand that grub another beating. If Cody G can keep his emotions in check instead of being so personal, he would do much better. Dillashaw will be at his best again because quite simply if he isn't, he will have seven shades of you know what belted out of him. I know I would.

Cody G is just a wannabe bully who thinks mind games win fights. Not always, chump. Having said that, he could be white hot.
Any bloke that can humiliate and pulverize that smug idiot Domenik Cruz has my support. What Cody did to him was all-time.
Cody for the KO win today. Head kick.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 11:36 am

Demps wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 8:05 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 04 Aug, 2018 5:06 pm
Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 4:18 pm
CocaCola wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 4:10 pm

DC fight was good.
Lewis vs Ngannou was bizarre, I would hate to be the next opponent for Francis after that performance.
Did you get to see the Paulo Costa vs Uriah Hall fight in the prelims? Costa looks massive for the middleweight division. I predict either him or Kelvin Gastelum to challenge for the title at some stage next year.
Watched all fights except fight pass ones.

Costo is surely not clean, he looks massive... Passes all tests tho and comes up steroid free but looks like a genetic freak.
Big future for him. Great fight too.

Lewis, Francis fight was horrid.
Zzzz.

Fun card tho. Loved it
Who wins tomorrow, Garbrandt or Dillashaw?
Hoping Garbrandt gives him a beating.
DJ vs Cedjudo will be a non-event you would think, DJ in a cakewalk. Surprised DJ hasn't really tested himself by going up a division.
I hope TJ wins.
Would kill any momentum for Cody.

Then TJ VS DJ...

Cub fight looks goods too!
Cub is pretty heavy underdog with Sportsbet. Might be worth a fling.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 8:42 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 11:34 am
Swordy wrote:

Any bloke that can humiliate and pulverize that smug idiot Domenik Cruz has my support. What Cody did to him was all-time.
Fail.

TJ. The true champ.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 05 Aug, 2018 8:49 pm

Demps wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 8:42 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Swordy wrote:

Fail.

TJ. The true champ.
Every dog has it's day. He is the champ FOR NOW.

Glad didn't bet on the card today, would've been tinned spaghetti for dinner :?

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 8:24 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 05 Aug, 2018 8:49 pm
Demps wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Swordy wrote:

Fail.

TJ. The true champ.

😂
Hard sport to predict eh?

TJ is the man tho.
Hope he defends a bunch more times.
#Unbeatable

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 7:40 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 06 Aug, 2018 8:24 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Demps wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

Fail.

TJ. The true champ.

😂

TJ is the man tho.
Does anybody give Lewis a hope against Cormier tomorrow? Can't see him having enough stamina to go with DC. 2nd round submission by DC IMO.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 7:54 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 7:40 pm
Demps wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Demps wrote:

Fail.

TJ. The true champ.

😂

TJ is the man tho.
Does anybody give Lewis a hope against Cormier tomorrow? Can't see him having enough stamina to go with DC. 2nd round submission by DC IMO.
Heavy hitter. He might get lucky..
Average card tbh.

Stylebender fight looks good tho.
#Unbeatable

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 03 Nov, 2018 9:11 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 7:54 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Demps wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

😂

TJ is the man tho.
Average card tbh.

Yeah it's usually an average card from memory when a Heavy/Light Heavy match-up is the main event. Whereas when other divisions (particularly Middleweight) are main event it is usually a stacked card. Don't know why that is.
Cormier should be too smart to get clipped with a bomb in the early rounds, from then on (if it goes that far) it will be a cakewalk. Would love Lewis to catch him with a haymaker and knock him out though. Lewis seems like a good guy with no arrogance about him, love it when those sorta guys pummel a bigmouth.
Who is Stylebender?

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:58 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 9:11 pm
Demps wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
Demps wrote:

😂

TJ is the man tho.
Average card tbh.

Yeah it's usually an average card from memory when a Heavy/Light Heavy match-up is the main event. Whereas when other divisions (particularly Middleweight) are main event it is usually a stacked card. Don't know why that is.
Cormier should be too smart to get clipped with a bomb in the early rounds, from then on (if it goes that far) it will be a cakewalk. Would love Lewis to catch him with a haymaker and knock him out though. Lewis seems like a good guy with no arrogance about him, love it when those sorta guys pummel a bigmouth.
Who is Stylebender?
Dc and black beast are both very likeable guys.

Stylebender is Israel adesanya.. He's fighting Derek brunson... Nigerian dude from NZ... Very good prospect. If he wins he might get a shot at that dud Rob Whittaker.
#Unbeatable

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 04 Nov, 2018 11:07 am

Demps wrote:
Sun 04 Nov, 2018 8:58 am
Fade To Black wrote:
Sat 03 Nov, 2018 9:11 pm
Demps wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:

Average card tbh.

Who is Stylebender?
Dc and black beast are both very likeable guys.

Stylebender is Israel adesanya.. He's fighting Derek brunson... Nigerian dude from NZ... Very good prospect. If he wins he might get a shot at that dud Rob Whittaker.
Oh yeah, have seen Adesanya fight a few times, he is impressive (bit of a tool though, wasn't he the bloke who couldnt rip his shirt in half at the weigh-ins once?) :lol:

Bit harsh calling Whittaker a dud...there wouldnt be a UFC champion in history that's a dud. Did you say earlier in the thread that you had a run-in with him? What happened?

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:58 pm

Don't sleep on this event, there is going to be some crazy KO's.

Main fights - Tuivasa, Pedro & Hunt (his retirement fight)

Full list of fighters & weigh-in photos in the link

http://www.fightnewsaustralia.com/ufc-a ... o-gallery/

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 01 Dec, 2018 2:18 pm

There is also an event on win boss, ch 10? Right now.. Free TV... Give it a watch Fellas.

The card tmrw looks good.
#Unbeatable

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 03 Dec, 2018 2:16 pm

CocaCola wrote:
Sat 01 Dec, 2018 12:58 pm

Don't sleep on this event, there is going to be some crazy KO's.

Main fights - Tuivasa, Pedro & Hunt (his retirement fight)

Full list of fighters & weigh-in photos in the link

http://www.fightnewsaustralia.com/ufc-a ... o-gallery/
The Aussie boys all got beat down, especially Pedro and Tuivasa. Matthews refused to tap, tough mongrel....the 1st round of his fight was fun to watch. Note to Tuivasa: not a good idea to call blokes out for being a "b****" when you have just been comprehensively flogged yourself. He would do well to keep that garbage under wraps IMO.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 03 Dec, 2018 7:49 pm

Disappointing by the Aussies hey.
Mark Hunts performance was pitiful.
#Unbeatable

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Mon 03 Dec, 2018 11:03 pm

No easy opponents for Tui & Pedro in those heavy weight classes. Tui's post fight comment about being a turtle on his back was gold.

Alexander Volkanovski vs Chad Mendes fighting on the Jon Jones card (ufc 232) just before New Years Eve.
That will show where Alex really stands in the UFC. Chad's losses have come from elite fighters (Aldo, McGregor and Edgar).

UFC 234 (Feb 10 Mlb): Title defense - Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum..
Great match up. Gastelum will take some stopping, both have heavy hands.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 04 Dec, 2018 8:02 am

CocaCola wrote:
Mon 03 Dec, 2018 11:03 pm
No easy opponents for Tui & Pedro in those heavy weight classes. Tui's post fight comment about being a turtle on his back was gold.

Alexander Volkanovski vs Chad Mendes fighting on the Jon Jones card (ufc 232) just before New Years Eve.
That will show where Alex really stands in the UFC. Chad's losses have come from elite fighters (Aldo, McGregor and Edgar).

UFC 234 (Feb 10 Mlb): Title defense - Whittaker vs Kelvin Gastelum..
Great match up. Gastelum will take some stopping, both have heavy hands.
Pedro, low fight IQ.
Had Shogun rocked and went for the take down??? Should just opened up on him and got the first round TKO.

Nice guy but will never be a top contender imo.

Same with Tai... Struggled against Arlovski and gave JDS too much respect.

Seems like the Australian always get wrecked when it's an Australian card.
#Unbeatable