AFL - EXCITED ABOUT NOTHING

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2199
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Re: AFL - EXCITED ABOUT NOTHING

Post by TCL » Fri 23 Sep, 2016 6:12 pm

Kavi wrote:
stryker wrote:Afl is a garbage sport.
Very little ball control, very few have the nads to committ to the ball on the ground, you get rewarded for catches even if you drop it as you do for missed goals.

I still believe soccer is the most wussiest, embarrassing sport a man could play but Afl is right next to it. If I wish to see a bunch of limp wrists poncing around I'll go to the Mardi Gras thanks...
I dont understand how you could say 'soccer' is the most embarrassing sport a man could play...

Love soccer! The skill and stamina required to play is high and it is entertaining. I would watch a 0-0 draw on TV before i watched the AFL. AFL live is OK.

Diving is the smear on the game of soccer.


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4603
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 23 Sep, 2016 6:14 pm

bigsiro wrote:AFL is a brilliant contest (most matches).
The skill set needed is considerable and completely different to NRL.
The fitness required is immense.
It is legitimately a national sport.
The fan bases are larger and more dedicated than NRL (hands-down).
The bulk of players aren't morons (sad but it's a bit true...).
The administration is better
Their membership is better
Their draft system is better (existent!)

If you don't appreciate the sport cos you find it boring or just not enjoyable then so be it, but dismissing AFL cos it isn't macho enough is just sad. Others dismiss it because they expect sidesteps a'la Marshall. Their loss. AFL is a great sport and I'd say the skill set of an average AFL player is FAR greater then that of an average NRL player.

Go you Swannies!!!!
I see nothing here that in any way compares with the brilliancies of top rugby league players. I accept that you have to punt a ball accurately in AFL - but RL players do that every game. Farah at his best could land them on a sixpence with different spins. I see very little other skill in the game.

Fitness, national sport, fan base, non-morons, admin, membership, draft system - all have nothing to do with it being an exciting, skilful and power game compared to RL. The method they pass the ball is about as stupid as RL scrums. Would be a dead heat.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3530
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 23 Sep, 2016 7:06 pm

If you want to talk garbage sports, try sitting through a game of union. One of the most pointless endeavours you could subject yourself to.

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Fri 23 Sep, 2016 8:23 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
bigsiro wrote:AFL is a brilliant contest (most matches).
The skill set needed is considerable and completely different to NRL.
The fitness required is immense.
It is legitimately a national sport.
The fan bases are larger and more dedicated than NRL (hands-down).
The bulk of players aren't morons (sad but it's a bit true...).
The administration is better
Their membership is better
Their draft system is better (existent!)

If you don't appreciate the sport cos you find it boring or just not enjoyable then so be it, but dismissing AFL cos it isn't macho enough is just sad. Others dismiss it because they expect sidesteps a'la Marshall. Their loss. AFL is a great sport and I'd say the skill set of an average AFL player is FAR greater then that of an average NRL player.

Go you Swannies!!!!
I see nothing here that in any way compares with the brilliancies of top rugby league players. I accept that you have to punt a ball accurately in AFL - but RL players do that every game. Farah at his best could land them on a sixpence with different spins. I see very little other skill in the game.

Fitness, national sport, fan base, non-morons, admin, membership, draft system - all have nothing to do with it being an exciting, skilful and power game compared to RL. The method they pass the ball is about as stupid as RL scrums. Would be a dead heat.

I'd give em kudos for just bouncing the oval-shaped Sherrin, whilst running at full flight and getting it come back into their arms again! Every time I try it the ball bounces all over the place - everywhere but back to me! :lol:
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3530
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 23 Sep, 2016 10:37 pm

All NSW grand final is a possibility. Will be more interesting than the NRL


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 8:27 am

Harvey wrote:If you want to talk garbage sports, try sitting through a game of union. One of the most pointless endeavours you could subject yourself to.
Yeah not much of a spectator sport... Was a good game to play though... Probably preferred it to league growing up... Maybe cause I was in a good union team and our league team was average
People going to the golf amuse me.... 10 seconds of "action" then walk for an hour......

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28462
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 8:28 am

Harvey wrote:All NSW grand final is a possibility. Will be more interesting than the NRL
You'd probably pick up an unwanted ticket for next to nothing on Gumtree or eBay

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2873
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 8:43 am

Living in the NT its impossible to avoid AFL. When I was a bit younger I played a bit of casual kick around and enjoyed it. Most of my mates played in the local comp. But as a spectator sport it is dull as ........ Almost as pointless and boring as soccer. I don't waste my time on it.
"Quality Stupidity"

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3859
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 8:59 am

NJLM78 wrote:RL is always my preference but I find the semi finals in AFL have it all over NRL. Massive crowds, huge atmosphere, typically close scores and no teams are favoured over others.
NRL semis have been great this year. Massive atmosphere at the SFS last night. Great to see all those Sharks fans get behind their team. The atmosphere at the Radiers games has been great to. And the Cowboys v Broncos was all time.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Post Reply