Gal gets win number 7

stryker

Gal gets win number 7

Post by stryker » Fri 23 Dec, 2016 10:43 pm

Paul Gallen gets his 7th win from 7 starts against the loud mouthed Samoan Ryan Carr-Ketu with a 4th round KO.
For an amature fighter, Gal shows he has a bit there...not too shabby.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sat 24 Dec, 2016 11:09 pm

I'm not sure how this helps either of them. I guess it's a nice distraction for Gallen and some publicity for the other guy. Let's face it Gallen isn't going to get far as a boxer.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 8:15 am

I'd say he's already gotten further than he expected to at the start.... Probably helped them both financially....

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 10:25 am

Gallen is an athlete, so he automatically has an endurance advantage over his opponents. I think its a joke you can come into a sport and have it as easy as Gallen has had it. The same thing happened to Mundine and SBW. It does the sport no favours because you pay no dues. Now i'm not a fan of the UFC, but when CM Punk made the leap from professional wrestling, he trained for nearly 2 years before his first fight. And when he did finally have his first fight, he wasn't fed scraps. Mark Hunt whipped him, That's paying your dues. What dues have Gallen, SBW, Sandow, Carney and Paulo paid? It makes it look like anyone can walk in off the street and do what they do which makes the art hard to respect.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 11:35 am

Well it depends who you are fighting. If a top level boxer played B grade park footy in the bush they'd probably go alright. Mundine had a pedigree, trained as a junior and could box. SBW was fighting milk bottles or washed up former good fighters. Even then he got found out and his corner basically shortened the fight. Gallen is fighting journeymen.

You're right they haven't paid their dues but they're hardly fighting for big titles.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 11:59 am

Hard to believe that such "sport" still exists given the knowledge of brain damage to combatants, let alone the emergence of the UFC. Have to admit to seeing bugger all of it as watching people attack each other in such a manner does nothing for me, but surely it is similarly damaging as the old "art".

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 4:11 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Gallen is an athlete, so he automatically has an endurance advantage over his opponents. I think its a joke you can come into a sport and have it as easy as Gallen has had it. The same thing happened to Mundine and SBW. It does the sport no favours because you pay no dues. Now i'm not a fan of the UFC, but when CM Punk made the leap from professional wrestling, he trained for nearly 2 years before his first fight. And when he did finally have his first fight, he wasn't fed scraps. Mark Hunt whipped him, That's paying your dues. What dues have Gallen, SBW, Sandow, Carney and Paulo paid? It makes it look like anyone can walk in off the street and do what they do which makes the art hard to respect.
Doubt CM Punk would have fought Mark Hunt. There would be at least 30 kgs weight difference between those two blokes.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 4:17 pm

A lot of these "sideshow" boxing exhibition bouts between former/current footballers are for charity so I don't see the harm. A bit of fun. People watch it mainly because the players involved are usually pretty high-profile so people are interested to see how they go.....people would probably also watch Shane Warne and Michael Clarke swing their handbags at each other in a boxing ring for a giggle.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 5:18 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Gallen is an athlete, so he automatically has an endurance advantage over his opponents. I think its a joke you can come into a sport and have it as easy as Gallen has had it. The same thing happened to Mundine and SBW. It does the sport no favours because you pay no dues. Now i'm not a fan of the UFC, but when CM Punk made the leap from professional wrestling, he trained for nearly 2 years before his first fight. And when he did finally have his first fight, he wasn't fed scraps. Mark Hunt whipped him, That's paying your dues. What dues have Gallen, SBW, Sandow, Carney and Paulo paid? It makes it look like anyone can walk in off the street and do what they do which makes the art hard to respect.
Doubt CM Punk would have fought Mark Hunt. There would be at least 30 kgs weight difference between those two blokes.
He fought Mickey Gall. Hunt was Brock's last opponent. Excuse the confusion.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 7:08 pm

Undefeated and still a smashed crab idiot.
Congrats Gal you moronic pep tide filled street shark looking tool.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Sun 25 Dec, 2016 7:58 pm

Demps wrote:Undefeated and still a smashed crab idiot.
He said Merry Christmas to you, too. :lol:

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 2:39 pm

He is an amature ... what dues do you wish he pay?
Up until now he fought other amatures. Now he has fought a low level pro. For mine he is paying his dues right now. Whats wrong with that?

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 3:57 pm

stryker wrote:He is an amature ... what dues do you wish he pay?
Up until now he fought other amatures. Now he has fought a low level pro. For mine he is paying his dues right now. Whats wrong with that?
I agree, he's fighting guys around his level at the moment, which is paying his dues. Had he knocked out 2-3 scrubs then been given a title fight I would think that makes the sport a joke.

The CM Punk comparison is a little silly, Punk went between two crafts that are somewhat similar (several guys jump from MMA to Pro wrestling or vice versa), yet he wouldn't ease his way into the sport and went for a guy above his level to start, and was subsequently destroyed.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 28 Dec, 2016 6:41 pm

Theres a level of respect from me for any bloke that steps into a ring, some (Tszyu for example) get more respect than others

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 29 Dec, 2016 6:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:Theres a level of respect from me for any bloke that steps into a ring, some (Tszyu for example) get more respect than others
Totally agree Ink

Stuff can get real serious real quick in a boxing ring

How many blokes have died in the ring over the years

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Thu 29 Dec, 2016 8:49 pm

Demps wrote:Undefeated and still a smashed crab idiot.
Lol. That's gold. :roll

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Fri 30 Dec, 2016 5:46 pm

innsaneink wrote:Theres a level of respect from me for any bloke that steps into a ring, some (Tszyu for example) get more respect than others
Tszyu.......now ya talkin! What a legend that bloke was. Never instigated any trash-talking crap, always countered any of that garbage by his opponent with a classic laconic comeback and was a beast in the ring who never showboated like a knob. All-time champ, full of class.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 30 Dec, 2016 8:32 pm

Yep... His fists did all the talkin