Green V Mundine 2

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Green V Mundine 2

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 5:32 am

Mundine, on the foul shot that concussed Green in the first round: "Basically, he was being a b****. I wanted to fight, to engage, and all he wanted to do was to hold." http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-spo ... spartanntp
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 11 Feb, 2017 5:13 pm

Still doesnt excuse the cheap shot though Byron, regardless of if Green was holding all the time or not. It was a cowardly punch. Hopefully both of these tools head quietly into retirement though I'm sure Mundine will still come out in the media often in retirement and say outlandish crap in a desperate attempt to stay in the headlines.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 12 Feb, 2017 12:38 am

Anyone who gets caught up in religion (or some other silly belief) when they are already adult don't expect too much in the top paddock from them. Mundine is one of them. So similarly to great footballers who get into trouble off field I generally ignore their silliness and just judge them on their achievements. Maybe he got his big mouth after being held up by police accusing him of knocking off the new car that was a prize by a footie sponsor.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)