Irish McGregor
30%

Total votes: 30

Harvey
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 77 times

Re: Connor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 10:06 pm

I feel sorry for anyone that is going to pay to see it. Will be a complete circus.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 7:13 pm

Going to the pub.
Every venue in Newcastle has this on and will be guaranteed packed everywhere.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 8:55 pm

Only thing I'm looking forward to is watching Fox bleat like stuck pigs when a few people stream it over Facebook again.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

The Old Fox
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by The Old Fox » Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:10 pm

stryker wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 10:39 am
This is the most pointless, stupid fight of all time. As a true combat sports fan for decades now it upsets me. These two are the most dislikeable pieces of trash in their respective sports. The garbage they are going on with during the promotional "world tour" is embarrassing and is pandering to the lowest creatures in society. It is a total ripoff of WWE which in itself was created to appease those with double digit IQ's.

Could not care less about the result as it means and proves nothing. Total con with a script already written and learnt by both men. Dont spend money on this crap, you are feeding the beast which is destroying combat sport.

Totally agree with your assessment Stryker... more like one of those fake wrestling matches.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Tue 22 Aug, 2017 12:31 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:50 pm
Will it be fair dinkum or one of those fights were everyone has read the script?
100% scripted you would think.
Just a freak show. Would be more interesting to watch Donny Trump and that pygmy gimp from North Korea thrash it out in the Octagon.

Yossarian
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 106 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 2:09 pm

Does anyone have a livestream link?

tigerap
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 3:18 pm

Feel sorry for pple who paid $60 for Foxtel main event (which crashed half way through)...whereas I watched on my TV in HD in my lounge room for $0.

Mayweather never looked like losing...

stryker
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:15 pm

For what its worth I saw the replay and thought it was an ok fight, certainly no classic. Floyd owned him from round 2 onwards allowing him to throw some very weak punches before tagging him with enough to claim 8 rounds in a row before his corner told him to go for it. When Floyd put his foot down, Connor had nothing.

Reminded me a bit of that film the great white hype. When the white guy layed a couple on the black guy he said "are you trying to embarrass me on tv?" before going on to dominate him.

Anyway, glad this farce is over...the con job has been completed and everyone involved made out like bandits. Good for them.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by old man tiger » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:20 pm

Haven't watched boxing in a long time, but was disappointed that the fight got stopped when it did. is this normal now?

Earl
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:25 pm

It was a farce but McGregor did a lot better than what I thought he would.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:26 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 5:15 pm
For what its worth I saw the replay and thought it was an ok fight, certainly no classic. Floyd owned him from round 2 onwards allowing him to throw some very weak punches before tagging him with enough to claim 8 rounds in a row before his corner told him to go for it. When Floyd put his foot down, Connor had nothing.

Reminded me a bit of that film the great white hype. When the white guy layed a couple on the black guy he said "are you trying to embarrass me on tv?" before going on to dominate him.

Anyway, glad this farce is over...the con job has been completed and everyone involved made out like bandits. Good for them.
Thing is it might be a bit of a farce but without the big overhyped fights boxing would be dead.
The sport relies on the casual observer that doesnt take an interest otherwise lashing out for PPV.

stryker

Unread post by stryker » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:43 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:20 pm
Haven't watched boxing in a long time, but was disappointed that the fight got stopped when it did. is this normal now?
Fights always get stopped when one fighter ceases protecting themselves. Conner was gone and would have served only as a punching bag for the final rounds.

stryker

Unread post by stryker » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:52 pm

Earl wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:25 pm
I keep hearing this. I thought he started ok but if you look at the scorecards, he was miles behind - 2 of the judges had him at least 7 points in deficit. He was heading towards a double digit smackdown. Thats a dominant loss.

Earl
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Earl » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:55 pm

stryker wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:52 pm
Earl wrote:
Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:25 pm
I keep hearing this. I thought he started ok but if you look at the scorecards, he was miles behind - 2 of the judges had him at least 7 points in deficit. He was heading towards a double digit smackdown. Thats a dominant loss.
It was a dominant loss but that was what I expected. I haven't heard a single fan that actually has an idea about boxing and mma who thought that McGregor had a chance.

I heard Shane Mosley stating it was like a long distance runner versus a sprinter. There are similarities in that they both run but they can't compete in the others sport. If it was an MMA fight I think Floyd would have been destroyed really quickly.

I honestly think it was an exhibition match with a big payday to both fighters.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 7:57 pm

Good fight.
#money team

stryker

Unread post by stryker » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 8:03 pm

Someone during the week described it as the Olympic table tennis champion taking on Federer in the US Open final. Quite apt.

It was a dumb idea that should never have been sanctioned. It wasnt fair to the boxers in that division nor fighters in Conners UFC divisions. Big money fights are ruining both sports.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm

Didn't even watch it. Glad it's over so the Irishman can go back to flogging people in MMA and Mayweather can go back to flogging his missus.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 57 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Sun 27 Aug, 2017 9:37 pm

Only saw the highlights but it looked like a sham. Connor threw lots early as expected, when Floyd wanted a break he just turned his back and Connor didn't know where he was allowed to hit him.
If Floyd had a bit of respect for boxing's history he would have put the 50-0 record on the line against a legitimate boxer who was going to make him earn the title of "50-0", not against an easy kill who was from a foreign discipline to boxing.
Hopefully GGG continues on to surpass Mayweathers record.
Have to laugh just now Foxsports "experts" are dissecting the fight.........Hooper and Buzz Rothfield! The closest Buzz has been to being punch-drunk is when he raided the bargain bin at the local. Quality all round.

Return to “Other Sports”