Connor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Who wins ?

Pretty Boy Floyd
21
70%
Irish McGregor
9
30%
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Connor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Unread post by Demps » Fri 14 Jul, 2017 8:35 pm

Fight goes down August 27th.
The biggest fight of all time.

Anyone else following the press conferences?
Personally think Connor is cringe and will die in this fight.

Thoughts?

Poll too for any fans.


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Nelson » Fri 14 Jul, 2017 8:44 pm

Both arrogant tosspots but Mayweather has the record to back his mouth. I hope McGregor gets flogged.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Fri 14 Jul, 2017 8:47 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 14 Jul, 2017 8:44 pm
Both arrogant tosspots but Mayweather has the record to back his mouth. I hope McGregor gets flogged.
Im with ya.
This world tour promo thing is embarrassing.

Connor is so bad, Floyd pays more tax than Connor is even worth and hes telling him he cant afford a suit.

I cant wait to see Connor get his head caved in , August 27th.

User avatar
Russta
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon 22 Aug, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Kingaroy, Qld
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Russta » Fri 14 Jul, 2017 9:21 pm

I love Connor's pin strip suit though. Gee he talks some s#*t. We'll see if he can back it up. Most mouths can't.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 8962
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 81 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Fri 14 Jul, 2017 10:41 pm

Mayweather is one of the all time greats of boxing. The only thing that could stop him is his age. Hard to see McGregor still throwing heat in the second half of the fight. Mayweather by TKO for me.


User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10767
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 141 times

Unread post by stryker » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 10:39 am

This is the most pointless, stupid fight of all time. As a true combat sports fan for decades now it upsets me. These two are the most dislikeable pieces of trash in their respective sports. The garbage they are going on with during the promotional "world tour" is embarrassing and is pandering to the lowest creatures in society. It is a total ripoff of WWE which in itself was created to appease those with double digit IQ's.

Could not care less about the result as it means and proves nothing. Total con with a script already written and learnt by both men. Dont spend money on this crap, you are feeding the beast which is destroying combat sport.

upthetigers
Member
Member
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun 24 Jul, 2016 10:41 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by upthetigers » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:40 am

Mctapper will be lucky to put a hand on him. I couldn't care less about this fight I want to see a trilogy fight with Diaz.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:55 am

upthetigers wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
Mctapper will be lucky to put a hand on him. I couldn't care less about this fight I want to see a trilogy fight with Diaz.
Diaz will win the third imo.


I have got approved leave and will be hitting the pub and watching this. Wouldn't pay for the main event at home lol.

Long time Mayweather fan and Stryker is right regarding the embarrassment with the world tour. It's beyond cringe worthy. Because of Mcnugget tho.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3155
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:09 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:55 am
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
Mctapper will be lucky to put a hand on him. I couldn't care less about this fight I want to see a trilogy fight with Diaz.
Diaz will win the third imo.


I have got approved leave and will be hitting the pub and watching this. Wouldn't pay for the main event at home lol.

Long time Mayweather fan and Stryker is right regarding the embarrassment with the world tour. It's beyond cringe worthy. Because of Mcnugget tho.
Demps, you lost any credibility in your OP when you said this was the biggest fight of all time (unless, as I hope you were taking the mickey)
This whole thing (won't call it a fight) is a joke, and it's amazing how many people don't get it.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:23 pm

cktiger wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:09 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:55 am
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
Mctapper will be lucky to put a hand on him. I couldn't care less about this fight I want to see a trilogy fight with Diaz.
Diaz will win the third imo.


I have got approved leave and will be hitting the pub and watching this. Wouldn't pay for the main event at home lol.

Long time Mayweather fan and Stryker is right regarding the embarrassment with the world tour. It's beyond cringe worthy. Because of Mcnugget tho.
Demps, you lost any credibility in your OP when you said this was the biggest fight of all time (unless, as I hope you were taking the mickey)
This whole thing (won't call it a fight) is a joke, and it's amazing how many people don't get it.
This will be the biggest fight of all time, money wise.

Connor holds the Highest PPVs with the UFC and Floyd is without a doubt the best boxer of modern times who constantly does huge numbers with his fights.

Credibility? This isn't my opinion. It's fact.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2951
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:31 pm

Is McGregor a boxer?

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 2421
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by Nelson » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:42 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:31 pm
Is McGregor a boxer?
It's the strongest aspect of his fighting style but no, he's not a technical boxer. If he doesn't knock Mayweather out he'll lose every round.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3155
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by cktiger » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 1:49 pm

Demps wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:23 pm
cktiger wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:09 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:55 am
upthetigers wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:40 am
Mctapper will be lucky to put a hand on him. I couldn't care less about this fight I want to see a trilogy fight with Diaz.
Diaz will win the third imo.


I have got approved leave and will be hitting the pub and watching this. Wouldn't pay for the main event at home lol.

Long time Mayweather fan and Stryker is right regarding the embarrassment with the world tour. It's beyond cringe worthy. Because of Mcnugget tho.
Demps, you lost any credibility in your OP when you said this was the biggest fight of all time (unless, as I hope you were taking the mickey)
This whole thing (won't call it a fight) is a joke, and it's amazing how many people don't get it.
This will be the biggest fight of all time, money wise.

Connor holds the Highest PPVs with the UFC and Floyd is without a doubt the best boxer of modern times who constantly does huge numbers with his fights.

Credibility? This isn't my opinion. It's fact.
You should change it to the biggest money spinner of all time, Demps.
No problem agreeing with that.
The reality is McGregor is not a boxer and Mayweather is just in it for easy money.
If you enjoy real fights have a look at Sugar Ray Leonard fighting guys like Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns and Roberto Duran.
If you haven't seen them and you enjoy boxing then you'll love them.
All of the above would have taken care of Mayweather.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sat 15 Jul, 2017 2:11 pm

cktiger wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 1:49 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:23 pm
cktiger wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 12:09 pm
Demps wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 11:55 am


Diaz will win the third imo.


I have got approved leave and will be hitting the pub and watching this. Wouldn't pay for the main event at home lol.

Long time Mayweather fan and Stryker is right regarding the embarrassment with the world tour. It's beyond cringe worthy. Because of Mcnugget tho.
Demps, you lost any credibility in your OP when you said this was the biggest fight of all time (unless, as I hope you were taking the mickey)
This whole thing (won't call it a fight) is a joke, and it's amazing how many people don't get it.
This will be the biggest fight of all time, money wise.

Connor holds the Highest PPVs with the UFC and Floyd is without a doubt the best boxer of modern times who constantly does huge numbers with his fights.

Credibility? This isn't my opinion. It's fact.
You should change it to the biggest money spinner of all time, Demps.
No problem agreeing with that.
The reality is McGregor is not a boxer and Mayweather is just in it for easy money.
If you enjoy real fights have a look at Sugar Ray Leonard fighting guys like Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns and Roberto Duran.
If you haven't seen them and you enjoy boxing then you'll love them.
All of the above would have taken care of Mayweather.
Yeah. Sure... Classics are great but Mayweather is the new era champion. He will equal Marcianos record with one more win. Against Connor which I have no doubt in my mind he will.

It's easier to make claims like Tyson would beat Ali.
Connor asked for this and he is getting it and he will get it, the hands that is. Floyd is going to punish this little loud mouth, he should be defending his UFC titles instead of turning it up for the cameras.

User avatar
Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5782
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:22 pm

Reminder. One week lads.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 3920
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by gallagher » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 8:50 pm

Will it be fair dinkum or one of those fights were everyone has read the script?

User avatar
clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun 18 Apr, 2010 12:04 am
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by clokan » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:24 pm

cktiger wrote:
Sat 15 Jul, 2017 1:49 pm

If you enjoy real fights have a look at Sugar Ray Leonard fighting guys like Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns and Roberto Duran.
If you haven't seen them and you enjoy boxing then you'll love them.
All of the above would have taken care of Mayweather.
Hagler v Hearns round 1, in my opinion the greatest opening round of all time.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4171
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by sheer64 » Sun 20 Aug, 2017 9:36 pm

Connor either wins it within 5 by knockout or points to Mayweather. The first few rounds should be entertaining.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Post Reply

Return to “Other Sports”