NFL 2017/18 Banter

hugh1954

Re: NFL 2017/18 Banter

Post by hugh1954 » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 2:16 pm

Followed the 49ers and the 76ers for 30 years both in a rebuild stage just like our Tigers

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 09 Oct, 2017 2:59 pm

I love the NFL, I will watch anything I can on 7 or ESPN.

Just a super spectacle

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:14 am

https://ussportsdownunder.com.au/austra ... l-tv-guide

This is the site I use to track Games and broadcast times

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 11:23 am

coivtny wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 9:46 pm
Scott Norwood was the kicker in the first 1 or 2 Superbowls- he missed a last-play field goal attempt in one but after watching a documentary about the Bills of that era I'm pretty sure he was attempting his longest field goal of the season and it was an open-air stadium that night IIRC. Wasnt an easy kick.
After the Superbowl when the Bills did their hometown parade (after losing) the whole gathered crowd chanted "Scott, Scott, Scott" in support of the shattered bloke: it was a classy moment from obviously disappointed fans.
If you ever get the chance mate there is an ESPN "30 for 30" documentary titled The Four Falls Of Buffalo about that era of Bills teams.....hands down the best sporting doco I have ever seen. It is brilliant, both gut wrenching yet inspiring how those blokes dealt with losing 4 Superbowls in a row yet busting a gut every one of those years to get back to the big dance. One playoff game they came back from 30 or so points down at halftime with their backup quarterback on the field. Magic stuff!
Thanks for the info, it was Scott Norwood and I stand corrected on his culpability. Although an Oakland Raiders fan I can remember feeling for the Bills in those years. As an old Wests supporter who suffered through three straight grand final losses to Saints I can empathize with the Bills. I'll keep an eye out for that doco.
The Four Falls Of Buffalo doco is on Foxtel this afternoon for anyone interested. ESPN channel, at either 1pm or 2pm depending on time-zone. It is a great watch.
Go the Eagles tomorrow, but I think New England will be too strong in the end.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 04 Feb, 2018 11:36 am

Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 04 Feb, 2018 11:23 am
coivtny wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 10:08 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 9:46 pm
Scott Norwood was the kicker in the first 1 or 2 Superbowls- he missed a last-play field goal attempt in one but after watching a documentary about the Bills of that era I'm pretty sure he was attempting his longest field goal of the season and it was an open-air stadium that night IIRC. Wasnt an easy kick.
After the Superbowl when the Bills did their hometown parade (after losing) the whole gathered crowd chanted "Scott, Scott, Scott" in support of the shattered bloke: it was a classy moment from obviously disappointed fans.
If you ever get the chance mate there is an ESPN "30 for 30" documentary titled The Four Falls Of Buffalo about that era of Bills teams.....hands down the best sporting doco I have ever seen. It is brilliant, both gut wrenching yet inspiring how those blokes dealt with losing 4 Superbowls in a row yet busting a gut every one of those years to get back to the big dance. One playoff game they came back from 30 or so points down at halftime with their backup quarterback on the field. Magic stuff!
Thanks for the info, it was Scott Norwood and I stand corrected on his culpability. Although an Oakland Raiders fan I can remember feeling for the Bills in those years. As an old Wests supporter who suffered through three straight grand final losses to Saints I can empathize with the Bills. I'll keep an eye out for that doco.
The Four Falls Of Buffalo doco is on Foxtel this afternoon for anyone interested. ESPN channel, at either 1pm or 2pm depending on time-zone. It is a great watch.
Go the Eagles tomorrow, but I think New England will be too strong in the end.
Yes it is good , but living in Buffalo ......bit too chilly for my liking :supporter: :D

Life AM hasn't been good in Miami for the Fins

Miami ,WHU and WT's , who the hell did I kill in a past life :shock:

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 12:32 pm

Exciting game so far, ballsy call by the Eagles to go for it on 4th down- glad to see a risk pay dividends.
Gee whiz this blouse with the inverted figs singing at halftime is an excitement-killer. Yanks eat up this sort of excrement for entertainment. Every year.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 12:57 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 05 Feb, 2018 12:32 pm
Exciting game so far, ballsy call by the Eagles to go for it on 4th down- glad to see a risk pay dividends.
Gee whiz this blouse with the inverted figs singing at halftime is an excitement-killer. Yanks eat up this sort of excrement for entertainment. Every year.
He actually made the NRL half time entertainment look decent,he was that bad

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 1:07 pm

and I thought the NRL were.pedantic on groundings...eagles TD after ht looked good to.me

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 2:02 pm

Great game

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 2:30 pm

Great result for the Eagles. As much as I'm not a fan of Brady he almost gave them a chance to tie it up with that last play. He is freakish.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 5:30 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Mon 05 Feb, 2018 12:57 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Mon 05 Feb, 2018 12:32 pm
He actually made the NRL half time entertainment look decent,he was that bad
:lol: He made Billy Idol's performance look great!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 05 Feb, 2018 5:35 pm

It was cool to see Mahatma Cote standing on the sidelines behind Belichick in the dying minutes of the game......I haven't seen him for ages.