AFL Grand Final

WestsBenTigers

Re: AFL Grand Final

Post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:35 am

Onthebus wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:26 am
So when the Detroit Tigers, Tamil Tigers, Tasmanian Tigers, Castleford Tigers, Melbourne Tigers win we will give that a plug too.
Don't forget Bangledesh Tigers

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:38 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:35 am
Onthebus wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 10:26 am
So when the Detroit Tigers, Tamil Tigers, Tasmanian Tigers, Castleford Tigers, Melbourne Tigers win we will give that a plug too.
Don't forget Bangledesh Tigers
We need to find more Tigers

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Mon 02 Oct, 2017 1:55 pm

Do the Cincinnati Bengals count? And do we really want the Tamil Tigers winning?

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 1:04 pm

why isn't the NRL grandfinal played during the day?

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 1:05 pm

Wagga Tiger wrote:
Mon 02 Oct, 2017 1:55 pm
Do the Cincinnati Bengals count? And do we really want the Tamil Tigers winning?
that's the only reason i support the bengals LOL the bengal tigers!

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 03 Oct, 2017 1:27 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 2:06 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 10:20 am
Harvey wrote:
Sun 01 Oct, 2017 9:34 am
Will be interesting after today when they compare the musical acts (as they invariably do).
It will be a no-contest. That Macklemore bloke could barely be described as music IMO. NRL has never had too much of an idea when it comes to entertainment pre-game, Cold Chisel have been the only decent act in recent memory, the rest has been garbage.
The on-field product is usually a no-contest as well on GF day, but it is pretty much always in the NRL's favour-it is a far superior physical contest and test of mind, body and courage.
Macklemore is great, I can't believe how many people either dislike or not know him.

Keith Urban was good last year.

If our on-field product is a non-contest then what is the AFL?
Our last two GF's have been decided by 1 and 2 points.
What have the AFL GF's been decided by?
The AFL did something totally different with the Killers. They played a full set after the final.
Now think about this. Cold Chisel (or whomever) turn up for the final. You watch a halftime show of 3 songs. Then you see a full act after the final. By a full act the Killers were playing backalbum stuff. I recognised songs I haven't heard in ages.

BTW they are a Very good rock band. Not great, but very good.

Macklemore, IMHO is probably one of the few rap artists who I would not change the dial on. Most of them I would be happy to see their music just disappear.

So coming back, lets pick a past NRL halftime act. They have flown down for the game and are ready to go. Your team wins and Cold Chisel starts a 1 hour show after the final.... HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE. AFL actually has the right idea on this one.

(not sure if your team looses and say Midnight Oil, Tina Turner, Rose Tattoo, Hoodoo Gurus (HORRIBLE LIVE.. First band I have walked out of) start playing)