The Ashes

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36054
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Re: The Ashes

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:56 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:40 pm
Hoping the Australian selectors have actually gone to see a team other than NSW play Shield cricket
:lol: :lol: No..

Should be a good series...
For Hobbo if your right :bawling
Who are the better bowlers around the Country better than Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon..or better batsmen than Smith and Warner..

Steve Waugh..you may have heard of him believes Moses H is also ready for the all rounders spot..

Who have the other States got coming through..?
Steve Waugh champion cricketer , obvious shocking judgement

Moses H , we'd be better off with either Mitchell Moses ,Edwin Moses and biblical Moses or even Steve Waugh himself


hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 6896
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:56 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:40 pm
Hoping the Australian selectors have actually gone to see a team other than NSW play Shield cricket
:lol: :lol: No..

Should be a good series...
For Hobbo if your right :bawling
Who are the better bowlers around the Country better than Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon..or better batsmen than Smith and Warner..

Steve Waugh..you may have heard of him believes Moses H is also ready for the all rounders spot..

Who have the other States got coming through..?
As a token jesture just for happy tiger ...
Shane Watson could run drinks :lol:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1468
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:55 pm

#6 should be between Bancroft, Cartwright, FInch, Maxwell or possibly Lehmann or if Head could pull a performance like he did against the Sixers in the Big Bash the other season

I wouldn't mind Bancroft or Handscomb as keeper but I think Neville is the best option for wicket-keeper

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36054
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:57 pm

hobbo wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:56 pm


:lol: :lol: No..

Should be a good series...
For Hobbo if your right :bawling
Who are the better bowlers around the Country better than Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon..or better batsmen than Smith and Warner..

Steve Waugh..you may have heard of him believes Moses H is also ready for the all rounders spot..

Who have the other States got coming through..?
As a token jesture just for happy tiger ...
Shane Watson could run drinks :lol:
He's killing it in the Carribean T20 :roll

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24971
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 337 times

Unread post by Geo. » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:08 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:56 pm


:lol: :lol: No..

Should be a good series...
For Hobbo if your right :bawling
Who are the better bowlers around the Country better than Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon..or better batsmen than Smith and Warner..

Steve Waugh..you may have heard of him believes Moses H is also ready for the all rounders spot..

Who have the other States got coming through..?
Steve Waugh champion cricketer , obvious shocking judgement

Moses H , we'd be better off with either Mitchell Moses ,Edwin Moses and biblical Moses or even Steve Waugh himself
Oh I'm sorry ..I should have put a ? after the 1st sentence which you completely ignored..

Even NSWman Uzi is keeping QLD in the team..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36054
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:54 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:15 pm


For Hobbo if your right :bawling
Who are the better bowlers around the Country better than Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon..or better batsmen than Smith and Warner..

Steve Waugh..you may have heard of him believes Moses H is also ready for the all rounders spot..

Who have the other States got coming through..?
Steve Waugh champion cricketer , obvious shocking judgement

Moses H , we'd be better off with either Mitchell Moses ,Edwin Moses and biblical Moses or even Steve Waugh himself
Oh I'm sorry ..I should have put a ? after the 1st sentence which you completely ignored..

Even NSWman Uzi is keeping QLD in the team..
Well it looks like the selectors have Renshaw dropped already

Brilliant decision hey :rant :brick:

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2837
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 9:16 pm

I was listening to Kerry O'Keefe on Triple M this arvo. He think the team will be something like this;
Warner
Bancroft
Uzi
Smith
Handscomb
Cartwright
Nevill
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Hazelwood

He said this isn't his team, just the one he thinks will get picked.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:05 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:15 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:56 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 6:40 pm
Hoping the Australian selectors have actually gone to see a team other than NSW play Shield cricket
:lol: :lol: No..

Should be a good series...
For Hobbo if your right :bawling
Who are the better bowlers around the Country better than Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon..or better batsmen than Smith and Warner..

Steve Waugh..you may have heard of him believes Moses H is also ready for the all rounders spot..

Who have the other States got coming through..?
NSW have there first string attack all out at test warm up duty and still destroyed QLD in the shield with only khawaja (a New South Welshman) offering any resistance.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:07 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 9:16 pm
I was listening to Kerry O'Keefe on Triple M this arvo. He think the team will be something like this;
Warner
Bancroft
Uzi
Smith
Handscomb
Cartwright
Nevill
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Hazelwood

He said this isn't his team, just the one he thinks will get picked.
Renshaw doesn't deserve to be dropped. Forget Cartwright and play Bancroft at 6 if that's the team they want to go with. Personally I feel Callum Ferguson deserves a proper shot at a test spot no just one game in a terrible display by the team and get dropped.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2837
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 6:59 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:07 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 9:16 pm
I was listening to Kerry O'Keefe on Triple M this arvo. He think the team will be something like this;
Warner
Bancroft
Uzi
Smith
Handscomb
Cartwright
Nevill
Starc
Cummins
Lyon
Hazelwood

He said this isn't his team, just the one he thinks will get picked.
Renshaw doesn't deserve to be dropped. Forget Cartwright and play Bancroft at 6 if that's the team they want to go with. Personally I feel Callum Ferguson deserves a proper shot at a test spot no just one game in a terrible display by the team and get dropped.
Ferguson has made a lot of runs since he was dropped after the Tassie debacle. Outside the current Test side He and Bancroft are probably the form players. Maxwell is the incumbent at 6 and has only played in Asia.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2837
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 12:22 pm

All Australia's other keeper batting average look bad compared to Gilly. I don't think you can play Bancroft as a keeper in an Ashes series.

Gilchrist averaged 47.6
then daylight
then
Brad Haddin, averaged 33.0
Rod Marsh 26.5
Ian Healy 27.4
Peter Nevill’s - 17 Tests have produced an average of 22.3
Matthew Wade averages 28.6 however after being recalled to the Test side last November – at the expense of Nevill – Wade has played 16 innings, scored one half-century (57) and averaged 20.2.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16093
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 137 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 1:23 pm

If we're not going to pick Maxwell at 6, Bancroft and Cartwright are the only obvious ones for mine.

Nevill has to come in, Matthew Scissorhands is just garbage with the gloves and the bat.

Renshaw must be retained, he is the goods. Don't ruin him like they ruined Hughes and Khawaja.
John Wayne would never use a surge protector!

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2354
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 1:32 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:46 pm


Who are the better bowlers around the Country better than Starc, Hazelwood and Lyon..or better batsmen than Smith and Warner..

Steve Waugh..you may have heard of him believes Moses H is also ready for the all rounders spot..

Who have the other States got coming through..?
Steve Waugh champion cricketer , obvious shocking judgement

Moses H , we'd be better off with either Mitchell Moses ,Edwin Moses and biblical Moses or even Steve Waugh himself
Oh I'm sorry ..I should have put a ? after the 1st sentence which you completely ignored..

Even NSWman Uzi is keeping QLD in the team..
Well it looks like the selectors have Renshaw dropped already

Brilliant decision hey :rant :brick:
The young left handed batsman from NSW, Hughes, is worth a look. Of course he won't be given a go because there would be too many whingers from other states.

Also, Steve Waughs' son Austin is scoring runs for Sutherland. Happy you would be all over that and the fact he is an Aust U17 rep.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 36054
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 2:06 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 1:32 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:54 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 8:08 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 13 Nov, 2017 7:54 pm


Steve Waugh champion cricketer , obvious shocking judgement

Moses H , we'd be better off with either Mitchell Moses ,Edwin Moses and biblical Moses or even Steve Waugh himself
Oh I'm sorry ..I should have put a ? after the 1st sentence which you completely ignored..

Even NSWman Uzi is keeping QLD in the team..
Well it looks like the selectors have Renshaw dropped already

Brilliant decision hey :rant :brick:
The young left handed batsman from NSW, Hughes, is worth a look. Of course he won't be given a go because there would be too many whingers from other states.

Also, Steve Waughs' son Austin is scoring runs for Sutherland. Happy you would be all over that and the fact he is an Aust U17 rep.
My point is if bring in Henriques they probably drop Renshaw

Renshaw is a far better choice and has the goods , it was only one sweet summer ago everyone was singing his praises and he is EXACTLY what our top order needs

He mightn't be pumping out the big scores consistently but he is continually getting starts , very similar to a young Steve Waugh at Test level if memory serves

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1468
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am
Has liked: 267 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:22 pm

There is always a tweist and turn in the tale:

Australia are going to select Paine for keeper, Shaun Marsh to open and Bancroft at number 6.

Warner (vc)
S Marsh
Khawaja
Smith (c)
Handscomb
Bancroft
Paine (wk)
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:40 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:22 pm
There is always a tweist and turn in the tale:

Australia are going to select Paine for keeper, Shaun Marsh to open and Bancroft at number 6.

Warner (vc)
S Marsh
Khawaja
Smith (c)
Handscomb
Bancroft
Paine (wk)
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazelwood
Read the same article but Bancroft will open and marsh at 6. Paine an interesting choice but not the worst. If this is true Renshaw is hard done by, hasn’t done much wrong in the tests he has played - he will be back

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18695
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 185 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:42 pm

So Renshaw is going to be dropped?

Wow

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 517
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 16 Nov, 2017 10:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:42 pm
So Renshaw is going to be dropped?

Wow
That’s what they’re saying on the Cricket Australia website. Very surprising if true, he is what we need at the top of the order but that’s how we roll of late - ‘he’s played well for Australia every time but has had a below par run in the shield so let’s drop him’ - absolutely ridiculous. Bancroft has been backing the door down and is ready but renshaw as the incumbent has done nothing wrong.

Post Reply

Return to “Other Sports”