The Ashes

hobbo
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 96 times

Re: The Ashes

Unread post by hobbo » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:29 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:22 pm
Hobbo. Did you hear Jonothan Agnew got done for J Walking in Adelaide last night.

p.s. this is not the start of a joke.
No I didn't know that !

As a Pom you should pay his fine :lol:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Competition ...CHAMPION !
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:35 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:29 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Hobbo. Did you hear Jonothan Agnew got done for J Walking in Adelaide last night.

No I didn't know that !

maybe the Barmy Army could all chip in. he's going to up his ante in the whinging stakes now.

How many test in Australia since an English test play scored a century? I think it might be 7. don't think anyone got one in the last white-wash.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:44 pm

from Cricket.com.au

England coach Trevor Bayliss says he is ready for the "circus" that will accompany the arrival of Ben Stokes in Australia after the star allrounder was named in his country's squad for the forthcoming Gillette ODI Series against Steve Smith's team.
Stokes has been included in England's 16-man party on a provisional basis. The 26-year-old is currently awaiting the verdict of the Crown Prosecution Service in the UK on whether he will be charged or not for his part in a street brawl in Bristol in September that left a man with a broken eye socket.
That incident saw Stokes arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm and the England & Wales Cricket Board pull him out of the Ashes tour until the completion of the police investigation.
Both Stokes and Alex Hales, also involved in the altercation, were made "unavailable" for international selection by the ECB until further notice.

England ODI squad: Eoin Morgan (c), Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jake Ball, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Tom Curran, Alex Hales, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:53 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:35 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

No I didn't know that !

maybe the Barmy Army could all chip in. he's going to up his ante in the whinging stakes now.

How many test in Australia since an English test play scored a century? I think it might be 7. don't think anyone got one in the last white-wash.
The Aussies will win this series then England will claim back the Urn on home soil , as the Aussies can't bat outside of Australia ... That's how it is !

I only ever watch cricket when the Ashes are on.
Win or lose I'm loving it !

As for your question , I wouldn't have the faintest !

When Stokes gets here I'll take you to a bar so you can meet him :lol:

As long as it's before midnight :lol:
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 3:53 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

No I didn't know that !

The Aussies will win this series then England will claim back the Urn on home soil , as the Aussies can't bat outside of Australia ... That's how it is !

JA got bussed J-Walking after midnight. He got pounced on by four cops. not a car in sight.
just saw his tweet.

I do love the banter between the Aussies and Poms in the Ashes.

I've got a work X-mas party tonight. There are heaps of Poms at my work. One of them asked I.T to get a digital pass for the Ashes so everyone in the company can tune in at their desks. Every time we got a wicket i could hear him swearing. He might do a Stokes on me tonight because i'll be making a bee line for him at the party. What could go wrong? it's a Gangster Party in an undisclosed location, free booze and i'm dressed like Peaky Blinders.

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:15 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 4:15 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
hobbo wrote:

No I didn't know that !

JA got bussed J-Walking after midnight. He got pounced on by four cops. not a car in sight.
just saw his tweet.

I've got a work X-mas party tonight. There are heaps of Poms at my work. One of them asked I.T to get a digital pass for the Ashes so everyone in the company can tune in at their desks. Every time we got a wicket i could hear him swearing. He might do a Stokes on me tonight because i'll be making a bee line for him at the party. What could go wrong? it's a Gangster Party in an undisclosed location, free booze and i'm dressed like Peaky Blinders.
Disappointed that David 'bumble' Lloyd isn't over here .
Him and Warne together is gold !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:37 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:15 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

just saw his tweet.

I thought I heard him on MMM mate with Skull and Tuffers , could have been wrong

Tuffers no doubt has brought his world famous fielding clinics back Down Under :roll

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
hobbo wrote:

just saw his tweet.

I thought I heard him on MMM mate with Skull and Tuffers , could have been wrong

Tuffers no doubt has brought his world famous fielding clinics back Down Under :roll
I dunno mate , the Aussies have put down a few :lol:
Tuffers is quite the comedian !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:45 pm

hobbo wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:42 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 07 Dec, 2017 6:37 pm
hobbo wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

just saw his tweet.

I dunno mate , the Aussies have put down a few :lol:
Tuffers is quite the comedian !
Yeah he was getting excited when Stoneham started finding the boundary in the 2nd innings , thought he was going to have a special moment in the commentary box in the central missionary position

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:05 pm

Tuffer’s is gold. Have you heard why he’s called “the Cat”?

https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-cricket/ ... is-the-cat

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Sat 09 Dec, 2017 2:46 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 08 Dec, 2017 5:05 pm
Tuffer’s is gold. Have you heard why he’s called “the Cat”?

https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-cricket/ ... is-the-cat
If Skull and Tuffers aren't on Tour as a comedy duo after the Ashes have ended it will be a monumental miscarriage of justice of Biblical proportions :lol:

Would pay serious $$$'s to listen to them , reckon you might need some adult diapers though , you'd seriously piss yourself laughing

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 11:13 am

Richard Hinds didn’t miss the Pom’s here. I’ve noticed on Twitter the English media aren’t fans of him because he tells it as most people outside the English media see it.
From the ABC

The Ashes: Conspiracy theories ignore the root of England's woes against Australia
ANALYSIS BY OFFSIDERS COLUMNIST RICHARD HINDS

The England tourists in the Bodyline series of 1932/33 were the victorious masters of the dark art of leg theory. This season's visitors are proving to be the delusional exponents of the self-defeating art of conspiracy theory.

Ben Stokes' absence? The compelling video evidence of the all-rounder fracturing the eye socket of a man outside a Bristol nightclub has been the source of more alternative versions than the Zapruder film of John F Kennedy's assassination.

If Stokes' plight wasn't the fault of bottle-throwing homophobes who allegedly incited the burly all-rounders' violent response, it was the consequence of smug self-interested Australians insisting he be banned.

Jonny Bairstow's nightclub headbutt of Cameron Bancroft? A traditional Yorkshire greeting disingenuously misconstrued, mischievously withheld then scandalously exploited by the Australians, evil proponents of stump microphone propaganda.

And so it has gone, reason lost in the search for excuses by a team and its management so misguided you wonder if they will go on to tour New Zealand, or instead head to Kenya to search for Barack Obama's birth certificate.

The conspiracy theories have been swallowed whole by sections of the English media who have found it easier to relay — or, in some cases, even to create — the muttered "cheating Aussie" alibis than examine the poor performance of the visiting team or the weaknesses in its make-up.

Even when England sledged Australian captain Steve Smith in Adelaide with the kind of ferocity the tourists claimed they abhorred in Brisbane, it was justified as the tit-for-tat reprisal of the bullied lillywhites.

Not merely the visitors proving they were as potty-mouthed as their Australian tormentors, as Jimmy Anderson and co had often demonstrated.

Then, before England could claim Nathan Lyon was bowling from a grassy knoll or a short leg fielder replaced his helmet with a tin foil hat, a fringe player called Ben Duckett splashed a drink across Anderson in a Perth bar and the real reason for their travails was exposed.

Like the stars of an episode of X-Files, this England team had convinced itself the truth about their rapidly deteriorating tour of Australia was out there. In fact it was right in front of Jimmy Anderson's beer-soaked nose.

It turns out the so-called "cultural problems" in the England team raised after Stokes's early morning mayhem, in the company of teammate Alex Hales, were real. Either that or a team that knows nothing good will happen after midnight until they extend the final session of a day-night Test has a ravenous appetite for self-destruction.

The real shame for England? Not Bairstow's unexpectedly robust greeting or Duckett's apparent spat with his vice-captain.

Unlike Stokes' violent outburst, these were merely symptoms of the greater problem — some England players cannot wander outside their hotel lobby after dark without finding a lot of alcohol and a least a little bit of trouble.

England only to blame for off-field distractions
The real shame for England is that its deflection and self-denial has meant the problem has not been addressed beyond exasperated coach Trevor Bayliss's schoolmasterly curfew.

Instead, the incidents — and, more so, the publicity they have created — have become a vast distraction during a series when the gap between the teams is not as great as the eventual outcome seems likely to be.

Rewind to the final session of the fourth day in Adelaide with England 3-169 chasing 354 and giving just a hint that it could mount one of the most unlikely comebacks in any Ashes Test, despite Joe Root's disastrous decision to send Australia in.

Adelaide, with a pink ball that under lights turns South Australia into South Anglia, was the one Test many had thought England could win. But to do so after Australia had dominated for three days and Steve Smith had failed to enforce the follow-on would have completely tilted the psychology of the series in the tourists' favour.

England captain Joe Root attracted much criticism for his decision at the toss in Adelaide.
PHOTO England captain Joe Root attracted much criticism for his decision at the toss in Adelaide.

AAP: DEAN LEWINS
The late ratting of Dawid Malan's stumps by Patrick Cummins and a rather limp England batting performance on the final day extinguished the prospect of a famous, potentially series-defining victory.

Yet, as with Australia's deceptively comfortable victory in Brisbane, you could not help feeling the gap between the teams was as much a result of their greater mental application as their ability.

In Brisbane, the English convinced themselves they were the victim of those dastardly Australian tricks. In Adelaide they fought fire with fire and were still looking for excuses when they got burnt.

It is the mentality of a team that does not go back to its hotel and work hard on its deficiencies. Rather, one that heads straight to a bar to drown its sorrows and convince itself it copped the wrong end of the stick.

As innocuous as it may have been, Duckett's drink splash might well prove the moment when the wheels on this England tour fell off. Much like Graeme Swann's mid-series retirement, amid squabbling with teammate Kevin Pietersen, signalled the symbolic end of the disastrous 2013/14 tour.

If so, this will have been an even more spectacular disintegration. Australia's bowling is superior and the home conditions advantageous but this Australian team is far from a superpower.

Lose in Perth, as most expect, and the ECB's post-mortems will begin. Scapegoats will be slaughtered and more conspiracy theories concocted. But to explain their current plight this England team needs only to gaze into the mirror

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:27 pm

It's OK, we're looking to make it easier for them by playing Mitch "walking wicket" Marsh.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:38 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 12:27 pm
It's OK, we're looking to make it easier for them by playing Mitch "walking wicket" Marsh.
yep. Mitch Marsh is simular to Watson/Maxwell . Can Bowl and can Bat but rarely get it together at Test level...

happy tiger

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 7:55 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:38 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
yep. Mitch Marsh is simular to Watson/Maxwell . Can Bowl and can Bat but rarely get it together at Test level...
Watto Lotto threw the spanner in the works after his 15 6's v Mosman on the weekend

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:03 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Maxwell would terrorise the Poms ...
But I'm happy with Mitch Marsh being selected !
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

hobbo

Unread post by hobbo » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 7:55 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Watto Lotto threw the spanner in the works after his 15 6's v Mosman on the weekend
The Watto Lotto ship has well sailed .
No more plodders .
EPL 2014/15 Predict 6
Winner of the 2016 $$$$
Work tipping comp !

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 282 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 8:35 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 7:55 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
It was 16 x 6 and 1 x 4, 100 runs worth of boundaries!

100 runs from boundaries from 114 runs in total

Return to “Other Sports”