Aussies 2018 tour of South Africa Spoilers

happy tiger

Re: Aussies 2018 tour of South Africa Spoilers

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 12:05 am

Question , yesterday I heard the commentators talking about how they are /will be using the Duke ball in Sheffield Shield

Thoughts on that ??

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 7:10 am

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 12:05 am
Question , yesterday I heard the commentators talking about how they are /will be using the Duke ball in Sheffield Shield

Thoughts on that ??
They are using them now.
If it's just for the lead up before the tour to England while they are looking at batsmen that can play late swing...the it's a good idea.
Starc has caused SA all sorts of problems with the Kookaburra. Once the clouds come over the Kookaburra ball has been reverse swinging in South Africa. There is a difference with the seam and lacquer between the two balls but weather conditions and the bowlers action play as big or bigger part in making the ball swing (imo). .
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:21 am

Watching Lyon drop the ball on Devilliers after running him out was hilarious ...loved it !
:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:29 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:43 pm
Geo. wrote:
Sun 04 Mar, 2018 8:25 pm
I have a feeling Warmer was pretty happy to run out AB...lol
There seems to be some offensive taken with Warner and Lyons celebrations . Aren't you aloud to drop all ball on the batsmen after you've run him out and sledge his batting partner ?
So.much preciousness in the world these days

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:30 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 7:10 am
happy tiger wrote:

Thoughts on that ??
They are using them now.
If it's just for the lead up before the tour to England while they are looking at batsmen that can play late swing...the it's a good idea.
Starc has caused SA all sorts of problems with the Kookaburra. Once the clouds come over the Kookaburra ball has been reverse swinging in South Africa. There is a difference with the seam and lacquer between the two balls but weather conditions and the bowlers action play as big or bigger part in making the ball swing (imo). .
So this is the first season TD ??

Personally think both batsmen /bowlers would be far better off actually playing a season of League or County cricket in England , instead of messing with our entire system

We get a few injuries in our Test bowling ranks and we have guys one week using Duke balls and then the next week using kookaburra balls in virtually the same conditions

The big thing is the line you bowl with each ball , it might be only slightly different , but making the change isn't easy

Look how many International sides come out to Australia and bowl far too short in the early games

Just my opinion , hope it is only short term

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:47 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:29 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Geo. wrote:
There seems to be some offensive taken with Warner and Lyons celebrations . Aren't you aloud to drop all ball on the batsmen after you've run him out and sledge his batting partner ?
I think Lyon might need some fielding practice , been dropping a few things lately , big article about how he dumped his current GF Mel Waring with their two kids for some WA real estate agent

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 12:00 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:47 am
innsaneink wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Geo. wrote:
I think Lyon might need some fielding practice , been dropping a few things lately , big article about how he dumped his current GF Mel Waring with their two kids for some WA real estate agent
And why is that any of (y)our business?
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 12:34 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 12:00 pm
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

You'd hate for Gaz to drop an Ashes ,World Cup etc wouldn't you ??

And seeing one of things was the ball on De Villiers

One thing that stands out in sport is you don't stir up champions , they have a tendency to turn around and hand (y)our butt served cold on a platter

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 12:52 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 12:34 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

One thing that stands out in sport is you don't stir up champions , they have a tendency to turn around and hand (y)our butt served cold on a platter
Is that you Julie Bishop ?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 1:06 pm

It would take more than Warner and Lyons to get under Ab's skin. Although I do agree, the last thing you want to do is stir up a champion.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 3:13 pm

supercoach wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 1:06 pm
It would take more than Warner and Lyons to get under Ab's skin. Although I do agree, the last thing you want to do is stir up a champion.
Yeah stick to Markram for running out a legend , but leave AB , Faf , Amla and De Kock alone

Just asking for trouble , especially looking at their fightback yesterday

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 6:05 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

What does his ex, kids and new missus have to do with it though? Could have made your point without toeing into him over his personal life.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:22 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 6:05 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

What does his ex, kids and new missus have to do with it though? Could have made your point without toeing into him over his personal life.
I didn't realize there was a line in the sand we couldn't cross

Or is it because he hasn't switched countries or bashed his ex he becomes a protected species

Look maybe it's not the worst thing in the world , but cricket widows don't see their husbands very often and become single parents for probably 60-70% of their husbands cricketing lives

Bit low that he has done the dirty on his Mrs while she is dutifully caring for the kids

Don't know about you CB , but I'd be absolutely filthy with my Mrs if she pulled that stunt on me and if I had my choice she wouldn't see the kids until we were doing return day trips to Mars

And then comes the kids .......what did they do wrong in all this , you don't think that all and sundry will know who they are once they go to school /daycare and they will probably cop it for doing what exactly ??

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:30 pm

Couldn't give a stuff mate, it's not in my world. He's a cricketer, not a social conservative politician.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:33 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:30 pm
Couldn't give a stuff mate, it's not in my world. He's a cricketer, not a social conservative politician.
I'm sure his kids will love opinion's like that in the future if / when they are getting bullied

But he bowled well and has improved out of sight last 18 months

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:34 pm

De Kock's review is what everything is wrong with the DRS..

Hazza gets De Kock out...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 10:23 pm

Geo. wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:34 pm
De Kock's review is what everything is wrong with the DRS..

Hazza gets De Kock out...
I saw De Kock's head drop as he walked off.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Mon 05 Mar, 2018 10:38 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 9:30 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 05 Mar, 2018 7:10 am
happy tiger wrote:

Thoughts on that ??
They are using them now.
So this is the first season TD ??

Personally think both batsmen /bowlers would be far better off actually playing a season of League or County cricket in England , instead of messing with our entire system

We get a few injuries in our Test bowling ranks and we have guys one week using Duke balls and then the next week using kookaburra balls in virtually the same conditions

The big thing is the line you bowl with each ball , it might be only slightly different , but making the change isn't easy

Look how many International sides come out to Australia and bowl far too short in the early games

Just my opinion , hope it is only short term
I think they used them last year.