foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:31 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:18 pm
My 2nd chance LMS vote is for Croatian based players playing for Switzerland

Don't forget yours FT

I love the committee , doing a wonderful job
Thanks for reminding me i'll go Iceland in Round 3
Good call mate , I don't think the 2nd chance draw is overly fair though , maybe we (I mean the committee ) should get rid of it AFTER this round

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:35 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:31 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 26 Jun, 2018 8:18 pm
My 2nd chance LMS vote is for Croatian based players playing for Switzerland

Don't forget yours FT

I love the committee , doing a wonderful job
Thanks for reminding me i'll go Iceland in Round 3
Good call mate , I don't think the 2nd chance draw is overly fair though , maybe we (I mean the committee ) should get rid of it AFTER this round
Yep that's only fair
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 12:19 am

Peru score 1-0 we are in trouble early save us VAR

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 12:50 am

Only watched the last ten minutes of the first half, camped in our own box...

Early flight home for us I think.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 12:57 am

Meh, the frogs aren't helping either. They look like they're happy to draw with their euro mates so they're into the 16

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 12:58 am

Clifferd wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 12:57 am
Meh, France aren't helping either. They look like they're happy to draw with their euro mates so they're into the 16
We should cancel those new subs

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 1:13 am

2-0 kiss our asses Mbye bye now

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 1:57 am

Disappointing I blame Ange

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:14 am

Party people round me feeling ....hot ....hot ...hot ....
Ole ...ole ..., ole ...ole ....feeling hot ...hot ...hot 🔥

:wahoo:

Croatia 🇭🇷
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:23 am

Saved our worst for last... God we were hopeless in the second half. No shape or direction, couldn't maintain possession, couldn't find the man with the pass, it was almost like we didn't want to be there.

I take solace in the fact that Robbie Kruse will likely never wear gold again. I got a lecture off someone who seemed to reckon Robbie is good for the team because he is energetic, wins fouls and works the ball up. That's all well and good, but if he can't cross, gets dispossessed easily and takes an age to figure out what he's going to do next so that the play catches up with him he has no value as an attacking asset.

Juric should never play for Australia again either, he can't seem to position himself and has a first touch like a sex offender. Not to mention he got in the way of Leckie slotting the winner against Denmark. Fair dinkum like a deer in headlights.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 9:52 am

kruses first touch isn't good enough to be a reliable striker.didnt really see juric do much.
mooy and sainsbury were our best and were on a world stage to show their talents.
that craig foster is a pest.his concluding arguments on sbs were just drivel and annoying
.I enjoyed watching the team play .
the coach produced a style of football that scored 2 and conceded 5 goals.a pretty fair effort.im sure johnny warren,les murray and andy harper would have agreed.
on the world football stage Australia aren't rated.
craig Johnston was once asked why he would never play soccer for Australia.
his reply was- would you represent England at surfing?
Australian teams will always try hard but lack class.
bit like our beloved tigers.
but ill keep watching them both.

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 11:39 am

Our campaign was over when we decided to not play Cahill at all in the game against the Danes

I genuinely think we score if he is put in one of the many goal scoring opportunities we had in that game

Anyways I think there is more positives to take out of that tournament than negatives, it seems we just lack genuine finishes. Good at setting up for goal but can’t convert

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:01 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 8:23 am
Saved our worst for last... God we were hopeless in the second half. No shape or direction, couldn't maintain possession, couldn't find the man with the pass, it was almost like we didn't want to be there.

I take solace in the fact that Robbie Kruse will likely never wear gold again. I got a lecture off someone who seemed to reckon Robbie is good for the team because he is energetic, wins fouls and works the ball up. That's all well and good, but if he can't cross, gets dispossessed easily and takes an age to figure out what he's going to do next so that the play catches up with him he has no value as an attacking asset.

Juric should never play for Australia again either, he can't seem to position himself and has a first touch like a sex offender. Not to mention he got in the way of Leckie slotting the winner against Denmark. Fair dinkum like a deer in headlights.
Scary bad second half , Foz was right we are such a different side when we decide to take sides on

Just can't believe how ineffective we were , drives me nuts our alleged strikers cant' take a shot without a single touch

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:21 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:01 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Scary bad second half , Foz was right we are such a different side when we decide to take sides on

Just can't believe how ineffective we were , drives me nuts our alleged strikers cant' take a shot without a single touch
Aussie soccer has always been garbage ....
What were you expecting ?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:24 pm

hobbo wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:21 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

2005 /6 side would have hammered this mob

European football will ruin Arzani , he won't get game time and will lose confidence

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:44 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:24 pm
hobbo wrote:
Wed 27 Jun, 2018 6:21 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

2005 /6 side would have hammered this mob

European football will ruin Arzani , he won't get game time and will lose confidence
He will be a star at Bristol Rovers
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:10 pm

Disappointing campaign. First two games we didn't get what we should have out of the games, which is not a good sign. Peru comprehensively demolished us. Problem is in the front 4 we don't have any source of goals. Leckie works hard but has a poor goals return, Kruse is not the player he was before his ACL issues, Rogic fades in and out of games and the strikers are all poor. When our trump card is a 38 year old who got released by Milwall after going goalless for his tenure, you know we struggle.

To me, the biggest sin over the 3 games was no Massimo Luongo. We were all huff and puff but no one so much as fired a shot in anger. Mass will pull the trigger from outside the box, and even if he doesn't score he's the player who can force a save and lift the team. Really disappointed and I don't think Arnie is the answer either.

I would look to go forward in the Asian Cup with this side
GK Ryan (dependable and only getting better)
RB not sure, Risdon was okay, but we can surely do better. Degenek doesn't offer enough going forward for the formation we are using
CB Sainsbury (would love to see him get a good move this window. Wasting too many good developmental years in China)
CB not sure, look at guys like Wright, Jurman, Good & Spiranovic, maybe a bolter to emerge
LB Gersbach (Behich is a little hit and miss for me, but I would keep him in the squad)
CM Mooy (poor vs Peru but his other games were solid, would like to see him have a big start to the prem)
CM Luongo (Needs to be there, no ifs or buts about it)
RM Leckie (would love to see his shooting improve but he works his backside off and offers some pace and skill)
CAM Rogic (needs to lift, only shows flashes at the moment, but starts this tournament)
LM Arzani (needs to stay in the A-League for another season, even if he is only loaned back, plenty of time and he will be taken care of here)
ST McLaren (want to see him get a crack, Juric & Nabbout didn't do it here so give Jamie a go)

others in contention
Vukovic (GK)
Jones (GK)
Langarak (GK)
Behich (LB)
Irvine (CM) - offers some leg work in midfield)
McGree (CM)
Brillante (CM/RB) - versatility
Petratos (CAM)
Ikonimidis (Wings)
Nabboutt (ST) - hopefully being at Uruwa helps him really take his game to the next level
Golgol (ST) - bolter but is performing well in front of goal at the moment, maybe worth a look

Also there is plenty of room for bolters. Jedinak, Milligan & Cahill are probably best moving on.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2018 7:18 pm

Ladder before the overnight games of :
Australia vs Peru
Denmark vs France
Nigeria vs Argentina
Iceland vs Croatia

LIVE LADDER AFTER 36 GAMES

Ladder-----------Overnight scores--------------Total Points

1. hobbo------------0 Points---------------------32 Points
2 Bozo97------------1 Point----------------------30 Points
3. Geo--------------1 Point----------------------29 Points
4. Tigerstruck--------1 Point----------------------27 Points
5. swag tiger--------1 Point----------------------27 Points
6. foreveratiger------1 Point----------------------27 Points
7. 851--------------0 Points---------------------27 Points
8. bigsiro-----------3 Points---------------------26 Points
9. Tweed Tiger-------0 Points---------------------26 Points
10. happy tiger-------1 Point----------------------25 Points
11. NJLM78-----------1 Point----------------------22 Points
12. Yossarian--------0 Points---------------------22 Points
13. Cultured.B--------1 Point----------------------20 Points
14. Harvey-----------0 Points--------------------20 Points
15. Marshall.M--------1 Point----------------------18 Points

------------------------------------------------------------

Ladder after the overnight games of :
Australia vs Peru
Denmark vs France
Nigeria vs Argentina
Iceland vs Croatia

LIVE LADDER AFTER 40 GAMES

Ladder-----------Overnight scores--------------Total Points

1. hobbo------------4 Points---------------------36 Points
2 Bozo97-----------4 Points---------------------34 Points
3. swag tiger--------4 Points---------------------31 Points
4. Geo--------------2 Points---------------------31 Points
5. foreveratiger------3 Points---------------------30 Points
6. bigsiro-----------3 Points---------------------29 Points
7. Tigerstruck--------2 Points---------------------29 Points
8. happy tiger-------2 Points---------------------27 Points
9. Tweed Tiger-------1 Point----------------------27 Points
10. 851-------------0 Points---------------------27 Points
11. NJLM78----------3 Points---------------------25 Points
12. Yossarian--------2 Points---------------------24 Points
13. Harvey-----------1 Point----------------------21 Points
14. Cultured.B--------0 Points---------------------20 Points
15. Marshall.M--------1 Point----------------------19 Points

-------------------------------------------------------------

LIVE LAST MAN STANDING RESULTS

Entrants---------Stage 1-----Stage 2-----Stage 3

hobbo-----------England-----Russia-----Croatia
Bozo97----------England-----Uruguay----Croatia
Tigerstruck-------England-----Uruguay----Croatia
swag tiger-------Uruguay-----Portugal----Croatia
Yossarian--------Russia------England---Switzerland
Harvey-----------Serbia-----England---Switzerland
851--------------Sweden----Uruguay---Switzerland
Tweed Tiger------England-----Mexico---Switzerland
Foreveratiger-----Russia------Uruguay----Portugal
happy----------Uruguay-----England----Portugal
Cultured.B--------Croatia-----Japan
Geo------------Morocco
NJLM78---------Argentina
Marshall.M-------Colombia
bigsiro-----------Poland
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.