Re: Aus v Philippines basketball drama

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:07 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 3:09 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 2:27 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 1:57 pm
The thread should be renamed "Filipino basketball and more assorted acid induced BBF anecdotes that didn't happen."
He did belt his misses tho so I'm done with him...good luck..
😂
Actually similar situation to few months ago when I repeatedly rammed that sewerage pipe into my female neighbour who was attacking me with a rake and I gave her husband a king hit with it for good measure. The cops came and it was their double word against mine but the cops did not press charges - self defence.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:09 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:50 pm
Muffstar wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:24 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 1:34 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm

You are both correct.
It's an amazing place, but volatile and corrupt
Siargao Island is the latest hotspot to go - good surf, clean and safe but is becoming expensive as all the foreigners roll in.

Boracay Beach has been closed due to faeces pollution, they are now closing all illegal dwellings and illegal sewage outlets. Maybe reopened soon. But if you like swimming out a bit it is full of small fish that bite your toes and the water stinks of petrol or oil due to small boats leaking. I have not been there for 25 years so no idea now.

Manila I would not stay in a fit due to pollution, heat and congestion.

I go way up north near Baguio where clean, cool air and beautiful beaches . It can freeze there like last December. My attraction is that I can find excellent chess players everywhere if I ask around. I have played the same champs for about 30 years and everyone is good spirited in spite of jokes and put-downing by their relos when losing. Everyone is so friendly and joking compared to my sh.t rich neighbours it is such a relief.
Too right BBF, we are heading over to PH for a month in October. Siargao Island looks great as does El Nido too but getting very expensive. Will settle for Palawan and Puerto Princesa for a couple of weeks and Makati for a few more days. Greenbelt in Makati is superb as the local beers.

Never had any issues and have always found the people very friendly and helpful.
A bloke that I’ve known for ages,through football, runs a Security Business there, has said for a long time that they are similar to a lot of Asian’s who are lovely to your face, , but when you are not around it all changes,
Says that there is a permanent undercurrent of violence and Corruption in the country,
No doubt there is some beautiful places there, but he has said way before this that he refuses to go anywhere with out at least one gun in the car.
I know he’s in a business where he sees a lot of that violence, but if it wasn’t for the money, he’d never go near the place,
And that the worst corruption is entrenched in the Police & the Politicians.
No more than other countries. Power has the power to corrupt. People can be corrupted. It isn't a race issue so best not make it one.

But i concur in some Asian countries there is the politeness to your face. In Japaanese it is called: 本音建前 Honne and tatemae: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honne_and_tatemae

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm

Simple fix.
Shut down the Filipino economy by banning middle aged Aussie men holidaying there.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:27 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:07 pm
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
The thread should be renamed "Filipino basketball and more assorted acid induced BBF anecdotes that didn't happen."
😂
Actually similar situation to few months ago when I repeatedly rammed that sewerage pipe into my female neighbour who was attacking me with a rake and I gave her husband a king hit with it for good measure. The cops came and it was their double word against mine but the cops did not press charges - self defence.
They're probably sick of charging you and getting section 32 dismissals...or they just restrict themselves to charging over things that actually happened in real life.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:51 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
😂
Lol.
Did u beat Ur Mrs?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:53 pm

No Mills; no Exum; No Simmons; No Bogut; No Jonah Bolden; No Baynes and still pumped them by 30

Me and my mates are looking forward to cheering on this squad in Tokyo. They can give the USA a run for their money. Best crop of players in a long long time.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:00 pm

2020 tokyo
Attachments
DcEXQs2V0AACJaL.jpg
DcEXQs2V0AACJaL.jpg (44.99 KiB) Viewed 221 times

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:06 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:51 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:

😂
Lol.
Did u beat Ur Mrs?
Geo took a bit of poetic license there. I was explaining that I knew that my wife loved me because she only slapped my face whereas with others she had the best right cross in the business. After a few years of copping it I gave her one back at half strength and she left me alone after that. When I have told that story to women a few get upset that I defended myself. Whereas my then missus didn't have an issue with it. Funny some women (and Geo).
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:06 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
😂
So you shoot at destitute families, belt women & dog shot blokes, or you're a pathological liar.

Either way it's pathetic lmao...
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:11 pm

This conversation has triggered some flash backs for Byron Bay, keep them coming mate they may find reality soon

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:20 pm

Hahahahahhahaha.
Wow.

BBF is off the rails.
Racist too.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:28 pm

Never ever OK to hit a woman even at half strength..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:30 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:20 pm
Hahahahahhahaha.
Wow.

BBF is off the rails.
Racist too.
He's Leb this week, he'll be Liberian next week :lol:
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:28 pm
Never ever OK to hit a woman even at half strength..
He's mentally ill
#Unbeatable

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:12 pm

Demps wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:20 pm
Hahahahahhahaha.
Wow.

BBF is off the rails.
Racist too.
I left the bait out about the Pope but nobody bit - ruddy frustrating. Sheik Taj el-Din al Hilaly was BS when reckons if you leave semi-nude lasses out the cat will take it - the Tigers are only pussies. The Aussies took the bait in that basketball game.

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:53 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 4:27 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:

😂
They're probably sick of charging you and getting section 32 dismissals...or they just restrict themselves to charging over things that actually happened in real life.
:roll

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:54 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:06 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:
Geo. wrote:

😂
So you shoot at destitute families, belt women & dog shot blokes, or you're a pathological liar.

You forgot when I wobbled my arse at that macho guy and had to defend myself with a certain instrument.

We are going to have a long off season and no Farah to fight about but don't worry I still have plenty of dry ammo.

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:42 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:54 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 5:06 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Demps wrote:

😂

You forgot when I wobbled my arse at that macho guy and had to defend myself with a certain instrument.

We are going to have a long off season and no Farah to fight about but don't worry I still have plenty of dry ammo.
😂 This guy has lost it...
#Unbeatable