Filo Basketball drama & Byron's acid induced hallucination thread

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Aus v Philippines basketball drama

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:51 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:29 am
When I was being assaulted at the Sydney Showground in about 1994 by fellow Lebos when protesting at the Pope's visit it was Filipinos who protected me even though they did not know me and where honouring the Pope. They were the decent ones then. Now if Geo insists I may fill the story out.
Sure it was the 90's ,could it have been a previous life .....??
Happy, I always expect something unhappy and sarcastic from you. You should come back in another life with a happier disposition.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:09 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:06 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:51 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:29 am
When I was being assaulted at the Sydney Showground in about 1994 by fellow Lebos when protesting at the Pope's visit it was Filipinos who protected me even though they did not know me and where honouring the Pope. They were the decent ones then. Now if Geo insists I may fill the story out.
Sure it was the 90's ,could it have been a previous life .....??
Happy, I always expect something unhappy and sarcastic from you. You should come back in another life with a happier disposition.
How was that sarcastic , if it was a previous life , karma must be about to look upon you with some sympathy :D

If it was the 90's well we can't help you , just listen to one of your Unplugged CD's

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 10:12 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 9:31 am
Why bother to go to places as unstable as the Phillipines anyway the levels of corruption and crime are enormous,
Safety should be the main decider as to where we play,
Phillipines is an amazing place dude...From Manilla to boracay. This is obviously an isolated incident. The PBL is huge over there. /facepalm :brick:
You are both correct.
It's an amazing place, but volatile and corrupt

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:57 pm

Meta world peace lolololol

From wiki

"World Peace elbowed James Harden in the head as he was celebrating a dunk."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metta_World_Peace

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 1:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Why bother to go to places as unstable as the Phillipines anyway the levels of corruption and crime are enormous,
Phillipines is an amazing place dude...From Manilla to boracay. This is obviously an isolated incident. The PBL is huge over there. /facepalm :brick:
You are both correct.
Siargao Island is the latest hotspot to go - good surf, clean and safe but is becoming expensive as all the foreigners roll in.

Boracay Beach has been closed due to faeces pollution, they are now closing all illegal dwellings and illegal sewage outlets. Maybe reopened soon. But if you like swimming out a bit it is full of small fish that bite your toes and the water stinks of petrol or oil due to small boats leaking. I have not been there for 25 years so no idea now.

Manila I would not stay in a fit due to pollution, heat and congestion.

I go way up north near Baguio where clean, cool air and beautiful beaches . It can freeze there like last December. My attraction is that I can find excellent chess players everywhere if I ask around. I have played the same champs for about 30 years and everyone is good spirited in spite of jokes and put-downing by their relos when losing. Everyone is so friendly and joking compared to my sh.t rich neighbours it is such a relief.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 1:49 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/basketball/44688264

Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte's spokesman, Harry Roque, said the incident was "the height of being unsportsmanlike", while the team's head coach Vincent Reyes said it was "absolutely unacceptable".

Roberto Puno, vice-chairman of the Philippines' basketball federation, said he was proud of the way the players had "stood their ground" and were "fighting for the Filipino people".
------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they showed the same tenacity in fighting the Chinese who are stealing their resource-rich islands then they would be fighting for the Filipino people in the right way.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:22 pm

Boracay will re open in about 4 months... Looks good now but there's been only cleaning crews there... When the tourists return it will be business as usual.
There's a surf school/resort on siargo I'd love to visit one day

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:24 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 1:34 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:54 pm
tsjonathan wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
You are both correct.
Siargao Island is the latest hotspot to go - good surf, clean and safe but is becoming expensive as all the foreigners roll in.

Boracay Beach has been closed due to faeces pollution, they are now closing all illegal dwellings and illegal sewage outlets. Maybe reopened soon. But if you like swimming out a bit it is full of small fish that bite your toes and the water stinks of petrol or oil due to small boats leaking. I have not been there for 25 years so no idea now.

Manila I would not stay in a fit due to pollution, heat and congestion.

I go way up north near Baguio where clean, cool air and beautiful beaches . It can freeze there like last December. My attraction is that I can find excellent chess players everywhere if I ask around. I have played the same champs for about 30 years and everyone is good spirited in spite of jokes and put-downing by their relos when losing. Everyone is so friendly and joking compared to my sh.t rich neighbours it is such a relief.
Too right BBF, we are heading over to PH for a month in October. Siargao Island looks great as does El Nido too but getting very expensive. Will settle for Palawan and Puerto Princesa for a couple of weeks and Makati for a few more days. Greenbelt in Makati is superb as the local beers.

Never had any issues and have always found the people very friendly and helpful.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:22 pm
Boracay will re open in about 4 months... Looks good now but there's been only cleaning crews there... When the tourists return it will be business as usual.
There's a surf school/resort on siargo I'd love to visit one day
A mate of mine, Robbo, has had a surf school there for years. He trained the Pinoy champion who won the local's quicksilver prize. He recently build whole new apartments after working FIFO here for years. when you go don't take coal to newcastle

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 2:47 pm

if you can find Aussie bars you will get all NRL and cricket, rugby and AFL but get the time right.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 3:43 pm

The Filipino coach called Cattle Dog !

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 3:50 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 12:57 pm

From wiki

I got his Lakers jersey for my mate

old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by old man tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:09 pm

tsjonathan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 3:50 pm
old man tiger wrote:

From wiki

I got his Lakers jersey for my mate
Had never heard of him. Sounds like a character

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:15 pm

Please rename this thread to "Basketball incident and general Philippines travel blog".

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:22 pm

old man tiger wrote:

From wiki

in your tiger's face avartar can I see the face of a human being?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:46 pm

My friends wife has said that basketball is huge in the Phillipines. One of the 5 national sports that start with B

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:51 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:46 pm
My friends wife has said that basketball is huge in the Phillipines. One of the 5 national sports that start with B
Basketball, billiards, boxing, bowling, baseball bonking - at a guess
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:52 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:51 pm
Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 4:46 pm
Basketball, billiards, boxing, bowling, baseball bonking - at a guess
Basketball, boxing, baseball, badminton and bolleyball