EPL Fantasy Football League 2018-2019

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: EPL Fantasy Football League 2018-2019

Post by happy tiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:58 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:55 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:35 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 3:37 pm
Are you really a Aussie if you don't have 1 of Mooy or Ryan.
Ryan doesn't produce many clean sheets and Huddersfield will battle to stay up

Mooy will wish he took the WHU offer
Manchester City will probably want him back then.
Yeah they will be knocking his door down


User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 5:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:58 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:55 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:35 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 3:37 pm
Are you really a Aussie if you don't have 1 of Mooy or Ryan.
Ryan doesn't produce many clean sheets and Huddersfield will battle to stay up

Mooy will wish he took the WHU offer
Manchester City will probably want him back then.
Yeah they will be knocking his door down
They are thinking of re-purchasing him on a 18 million pound contract.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Tue 24 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 5:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:58 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:55 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:35 pm


Ryan doesn't produce many clean sheets and Huddersfield will battle to stay up

Mooy will wish he took the WHU offer
Manchester City will probably want him back then.
Yeah they will be knocking his door down
They are thinking of re-purchasing him on a 18 million pound contract.
18 million :shock:

Get some far better midfielders for 18 million

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 5:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:58 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:55 pm

Manchester City will probably want him back then.
Yeah they will be knocking his door down
They are thinking of re-purchasing him on a 18 million pound contract.
18 million :shock:

Get some far better midfielders for 18 million
Brazilian midfielder Thiago Mendes at Lille is valued at 18 million pounds Swag

He would hand Mooy's butt on a plate

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:21 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 5:27 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 4:58 pm


Yeah they will be knocking his door down
They are thinking of re-purchasing him on a 18 million pound contract.
18 million :shock:

Get some far better midfielders for 18 million
Brazilian midfielder Thiago Mendes at Lille is valued at 18 million pounds Swag

He would hand Mooy's butt on a plate
Too bad you support Wham. :roll
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2


happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:54 am

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 5:27 pm

They are thinking of re-purchasing him on a 18 million pound contract.
18 million :shock:

Get some far better midfielders for 18 million
Brazilian midfielder Thiago Mendes at Lille is valued at 18 million pounds Swag

He would hand Mooy's butt on a plate
Too bad you support Wham. :roll
Just trying to help Swag , you asked for someone to have a look at your squad

Goalkeepers , you want a goalkeeper from a side who will keep a few clean sheets obviously , but that will have to make some saves as well

Defenders again clean sheets are important , but I tend to look for players that go forward on the flanks and have some speed and can get some quality crosses into the box I'm going to use some West Ham players as examples , one of their new signings Ryan Fredericks He will proof one of the quickest guys in the league and loves getting forward on the flanks
Another player worth looking at is Aaron Cresswell , gets forward on the flanks , provides great crosses and is a sometime set piece player who has wicked power and gets a few goals

Midfielders forget defensive midfielders you want attackers who can get goals and assists

Strikers , I have grabbed two big names and someone who looks like he will get goals

A bloke like Troy Deeney was a good example in the past , not in a great side , but they would quite regularly score a few goals every game

Some players are givens , Kane ,probably Salah (13.5 million wow ) , but it is the bargains you pick up as defenders which will win the tight games , proven EPL players are a must , many players from overseas struggle with the week in week out intensity for 38 weeks

Anyway , transfer season is still going ,I'd reconsider you squad once it's finished

Hope this helps Swag

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29345
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:03 am

bwahahahaha....don't listen to happy...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:24 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:03 am
bwahahahaha....don't listen to happy...
Yeah PM Geo and get his advice :roll

Stop spamming up the threads Geo , join the comp if you want to comment

Oh sorry that's right , you'll be tax burden at the HRH Bathurst Correctional Centre :o

Told you the committee had some pull :twisted:

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:25 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:54 am
swag tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 24 Jul, 2018 7:38 pm


18 million :shock:

Get some far better midfielders for 18 million
Brazilian midfielder Thiago Mendes at Lille is valued at 18 million pounds Swag

He would hand Mooy's butt on a plate
Too bad you support Wham. :roll
Just trying to help Swag , you asked for someone to have a look at your squad

Goalkeepers , you want a goalkeeper from a side who will keep a few clean sheets obviously , but that will have to make some saves as well

Defenders again clean sheets are important , but I tend to look for players that go forward on the flanks and have some speed and can get some quality crosses into the box I'm going to use some West Ham players as examples , one of their new signings Ryan Fredericks He will proof one of the quickest guys in the league and loves getting forward on the flanks
Another player worth looking at is Aaron Cresswell , gets forward on the flanks , provides great crosses and is a sometime set piece player who has wicked power and gets a few goals

Midfielders forget defensive midfielders you want attackers who can get goals and assists

Strikers , I have grabbed two big names and someone who looks like he will get goals

A bloke like Troy Deeney was a good example in the past , not in a great side , but they would quite regularly score a few goals every game

Some players are givens , Kane ,probably Salah (13.5 million wow ) , but it is the bargains you pick up as defenders which will win the tight games , proven EPL players are a must , many players from overseas struggle with the week in week out intensity for 38 weeks

Anyway , transfer season is still going ,I'd reconsider you squad once it's finished

Hope this helps Swag
I have strikers in Aubamehoweveryouspellit, Lukaku and Zaha. Midfielders in De Bryune, Mkhitaryan and Mooy. Defenders in Tripper, Alonso, Van Dijk and Schindler. Goalkeeper in De Gea.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29345
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:43 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:03 am
bwahahahaha....don't listen to happy...
Yeah PM Geo and get his advice :roll

Stop spamming up the threads Geo , join the comp if you want to comment

Oh sorry that's right , you'll be tax burden at the HRH Bathurst Correctional Centre :o

Told you the committee had some pull :twisted:
World Cup Tipping Champion...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:54 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:43 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:03 am
bwahahahaha....don't listen to happy...
Yeah PM Geo and get his advice :roll

Stop spamming up the threads Geo , join the comp if you want to comment

Oh sorry that's right , you'll be tax burden at the HRH Bathurst Correctional Centre :o

Told you the committee had some pull :twisted:
World Cup Tipping Champion...
Which world cup was this Geo?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:58 am

Geo. wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:43 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:24 am
Geo. wrote:
Wed 25 Jul, 2018 10:03 am
bwahahahaha....don't listen to happy...
Yeah PM Geo and get his advice :roll

Stop spamming up the threads Geo , join the comp if you want to comment

Oh sorry that's right , you'll be tax burden at the HRH Bathurst Correctional Centre :o

Told you the committee had some pull :twisted:
World Cup Tripping Champion...
You sure got that right

Committee has spoken , go directly to gaol , do not collect $200 , no rolls of the dice to get out

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:48 am

Here's a link to maybe consider in choosing your squad (and it echoes a lot of what happy tiger said above):

https://fantasyfootballanalysts.wordpre ... -building/

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40772
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 26 Jul, 2018 8:31 am

tiger_one wrote:
Thu 26 Jul, 2018 7:48 am
Here's a link to maybe consider in choosing your squad (and it echoes a lot of what happy tiger said above):

https://fantasyfootballanalysts.wordpre ... -building/
But ......But.....But Geo said :roll: :brick:

Never mind Tiger_1 :D

Thanks for running the comp mate :)

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 5:28 pm

Teams entered so far:

tiger_one Laroche Lions
Mrs tiger_one Bon Vivant
Swag tiger Edmunds club
WT2K Blanks United
Minto stingers Harvey
Tranquilo Dazza-96
Happy's Hammers happy tiger
Ethans Avengers happy tiger

EPL Gameweek 1 kicks off 5am Saturday 11 August (AEST) - spread the word - everyone is welcome to join.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Invite players to join Wests Tigers Forum

Code to join this league: 108920-45982

And when you join, please remember to share your team name in this tread, so we can see who's who etc.

Come on - join the FUN!

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 5:51 pm

And for those on twitter:

https://twitter.com/officialfpl

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Sun 29 Jul, 2018 6:10 pm

Here is a great resource for knowing what games are coming up for each team, so if you need to bring a player in, you can tell ahead what actual game difficulty they might be facing:

http://fantasyfootball247.co.uk/fantasy ... e-tracker/

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Mon 30 Jul, 2018 7:42 am

And here's some info about that point of difference we each need - the choice of captain where points are doubled:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/789453

Post Reply