Favourite Sports

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Favourite Sports

Post by Demps » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 8:56 am

swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 8:54 am
Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 8:51 am
Hate AFL and cricket ๐Ÿคฎ
Sydney Swans member here. :D
๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŒˆ
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.


User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2678
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:07 am

NBA(LA Clippers)
Cricket/BBL(Sixers)
Rugby Union(Internationals)
EPL(Arsenal)

Worst "Sports":
NFL, Tennis, Racing(anything).

Used to play a bit of cricket and now I go to the gym as much as I can.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 am

Tacky wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
NBA(LA Clippers)
Cricket/BBL(Sixers)
Rugby Union(Internationals)
EPL(Arsenal)

Worst "Sports":
NFL, Tennis, Racing(anything).

Used to play a bit of cricket and now I go to the gym as much as I can.
Tennis is so good to play...
Use to hate watching but it's grown on me.

Heaps tougher sport than AFL ๐Ÿ˜‚
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Tacky
Member
Member
Posts: 2678
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Tacky » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:13 am

Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 am
Tacky wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
NBA(LA Clippers)
Cricket/BBL(Sixers)
Rugby Union(Internationals)
EPL(Arsenal)

Worst "Sports":
NFL, Tennis, Racing(anything).

Used to play a bit of cricket and now I go to the gym as much as I can.
Tennis is so good to play...
Use to hate watching but it's grown on me.

Heaps tougher sport than AFL ๐Ÿ˜‚
Fun to play, terrible to watch. Golf can be the same.

Also, depends who you're playing with.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 28968
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

Happy plays with himself..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

Tacky wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:13 am
Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 am
Tacky wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
NBA(LA Clippers)
Cricket/BBL(Sixers)
Rugby Union(Internationals)
EPL(Arsenal)

Worst "Sports":
NFL, Tennis, Racing(anything).

Used to play a bit of cricket and now I go to the gym as much as I can.
Tennis is so good to play...
Use to hate watching but it's grown on me.

Heaps tougher sport than AFL ๐Ÿ˜‚
Fun to play, terrible to watch. Golf can be the same.

Also, depends who you're playing with.
Agreed..

Hate playing with ace shot competitive types who just wanna get u out on Serve and not get a good rally going...

I grew up around golf courses so it'll always be special to me even tho I'm no good ๐Ÿ˜‚
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:19 am

Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 am
Tacky wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
NBA(LA Clippers)
Cricket/BBL(Sixers)
Rugby Union(Internationals)
EPL(Arsenal)

Worst "Sports":
NFL, Tennis, Racing(anything).

Used to play a bit of cricket and now I go to the gym as much as I can.
Tennis is so good to play...
Use to hate watching but it's grown on me.

Heaps tougher sport than AFL ๐Ÿ˜‚
Can't remember the last time i saw a clanger in a game of golf. :roll
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

Bozo97
Member
Member
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue 12 Apr, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Bozo97 » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:20 am

1. NRL
2. NBA
3. AFL
4. NFL
5. EPL
6. Cricket

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9775
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:21 am

swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:19 am
Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 am
Tacky wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
NBA(LA Clippers)
Cricket/BBL(Sixers)
Rugby Union(Internationals)
EPL(Arsenal)

Worst "Sports":
NFL, Tennis, Racing(anything).

Used to play a bit of cricket and now I go to the gym as much as I can.
Tennis is so good to play...
Use to hate watching but it's grown on me.

Heaps tougher sport than AFL ๐Ÿ˜‚
Can't remember the last time i saw a clanger in a game of golf. :roll
AFL is garbage ...
Waste of athletes .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:42 am

hobbo wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:19 am
Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 am
Tacky wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:07 am
NBA(LA Clippers)
Cricket/BBL(Sixers)
Rugby Union(Internationals)
EPL(Arsenal)

Worst "Sports":
NFL, Tennis, Racing(anything).

Used to play a bit of cricket and now I go to the gym as much as I can.
Tennis is so good to play...
Use to hate watching but it's grown on me.

Heaps tougher sport than AFL ๐Ÿ˜‚
Can't remember the last time i saw a clanger in a game of golf. :roll
AFL is garbage ...
Waste of athletes .
Then i must be a bad athlete for representing NSW in the AFL comp lol.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:52 am

swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:42 am
hobbo wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:19 am
Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:10 am


Tennis is so good to play...
Use to hate watching but it's grown on me.

Heaps tougher sport than AFL ๐Ÿ˜‚
Can't remember the last time i saw a clanger in a game of golf. :roll
AFL is garbage ...
Waste of athletes .
Then i must be a bad athlete for representing NSW in the AFL comp lol.
๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ

No love for AFL.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:54 am

Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:52 am
swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:42 am
hobbo wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:21 am
swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:19 am

Can't remember the last time i saw a clanger in a game of golf. :roll
AFL is garbage ...
Waste of athletes .
Then i must be a bad athlete for representing NSW in the AFL comp lol.
๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ

No love for AFL.
No love for golf or Tennis.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7914
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:57 am

swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:54 am
Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:52 am
swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:42 am
hobbo wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:21 am


AFL is garbage ...
Waste of athletes .
Then i must be a bad athlete for representing NSW in the AFL comp lol.
๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ

No love for AFL.
No love for golf or Tennis.
Gentleman sport.... ๐Ÿ˜‰
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2293
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:01 am

Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:57 am
swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:54 am
Demps wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:52 am
swag tiger wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 9:42 am

Then i must be a bad athlete for representing NSW in the AFL comp lol.
๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ

No love for AFL.
No love for golf or Tennis.
Gentleman sport.... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Sleep material.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:12 am

Football is a great sport obviously, both the European leagues and the A-League.

But ice hockey is also a great sport and it amazes me more league fans don't follow it. It's the closest sport to league there is - fast, physical and skillful. Lots of big hits and collisions, small guys darting through gaps, and fighting is not only not illegal it's a legitimate part of the sport! The refs will allow 2 guys to stand there swinging punches at one another until one hits the ice, or they both get tired/stop swinging!

Silentio
Member
Member
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon 01 Jun, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Silentio » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:22 am

- Soccer
- Basketball
- Tennis
- Weightlifting

More recently, boxing. I never realised the incredible level of skill and fitness required.

Each to their own, but cricket and golf put me to sleep.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 9775
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:22 am

Balmain Boy wrote: โ†‘
Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:12 am
Football is a great sport obviously, both the European leagues and the A-League.

But ice hockey is also a great sport and it amazes me more league fans don't follow it. It's the closest sport to league there is - fast, physical and skillful. Lots of big hits and collisions, small guys darting through gaps, and fighting is not only not illegal it's a legitimate part of the sport! The refs will allow 2 guys to stand there swinging punches at one another until one hits the ice, or they both get tired/stop swinging!
Canโ€™t see the puck !
Needs an orange coloured or flashing puck .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4730
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: North of Hexham Bridge

Post by westTAHger » Fri 20 Jul, 2018 10:34 am

Play golf occasionally, being honest, as a golfer, I make a great painter....

Always dreamed of helping a Formula 1 team. Being 53, I think time is going to be against me....
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

Post Reply