NFL Fantasy - The Forum League

iofthetigers

Re: NFL Fantasy - The Forum League

Post by iofthetigers » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm

Thats ok though. I like the challenge. This is what i like about it, im learning about a heap of new running backs and going through the free agency. Its the fun of it for me.

Thanks for the trade offer, im going to have a good look at things tonight. Might make you an offer through the system.
[/quote]
Last year Jamaal Charles & Adrian Peterson were 2 of the top 5 running backs & I picked up Alvin Kamira in week 2 only by looking at percentive owned.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:03 pm

Have proposed a draft to Iofthetigers.

TRADING AWAY

Demaryius Thomas - WR - DEN (Rank 15)

AND

Cooper Kupp - WR - LAC (Rank 34)

FOR
Jordan Howard RB CHI (Rank 15)

Its a 15 rank for a 15 rank plus an advantage in the other person favour. Iofthetigers also has another Los Angeles Rams WR so Cooper Kupp offers a handbrake/back up for him.

I would prefer if all trades are in the favour of the person being asked.

I would also prefer it if all trades are posted here for transparency.

If anyone objects to a trade please quote the trade and state your reasons. I doubt we will have any trouble if like requested all trades are in favour of the person being asked to go along with the trade.

Rankings have been taken from - http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/st ... kings-2018
Its an opinion!

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:17 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 1:41 pm
Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 1:22 pm
swag tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 1:13 pm
Apparently i picked 3 WR's with my first 3 picks and got Goff with pick 149. Why didn't people go for Goff earlier?
Better options available? Inconsistency? Forgot about him? Rams look dangerous this year though, so getting Goff that late might be the Steal of the draft.
Got Stafford with pick 114 as well.
Thats definitely a nice combo, probably would start Goff myself. I got Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan which is pretty handy

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:44 pm

My review was:

WITH DESIGNS ON A PLAYOFF HUNT, RAVENS CALL HOARDS SOLID WIDEOUTS

Draft Grade
A-
Proj Record
11-3
Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY
Ravens Call had success drafting in the first spot of the opening round, building a roster that has the ability to reach the postseason. They went after ball carriers early, using three of their first five selections on running backs. At another spot in the lineup, Ravens Call was able to secure the most prolific pair of wide receivers in the league.
With three ADP-based steals (Sony Michel, the Ravens Defense, and Jake Elliott), some shrewd moves were made throughout the draft.
Le'Veon Bell can hurt opponents with his hands as well as his feet. He ranks fifth among RBs in projected receiving yards with 696.
With 614 projected rushing yards (ranking first among QBs), Cam Newton has multiple ways to bring in points.

Better than I thought.

I did set up the night before order of positions for the auto pick - ie, RBs and WRs for the first 5 rounds of the draft - that seemed to help. It was one thing I picked up from a little bit of research.
Crush, kill and destroy!
Said that golden Android!
Pineapples from the Dawn of Time

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:47 pm

guyofthetiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:44 pm
My review was:

WITH DESIGNS ON A PLAYOFF HUNT, RAVENS CALL HOARDS SOLID WIDEOUTS

Draft Grade
A-
Proj Record
11-3
Proj Finish

DRAFT SUMMARY
Ravens Call had success drafting in the first spot of the opening round, building a roster that has the ability to reach the postseason. They went after ball carriers early, using three of their first five selections on running backs. At another spot in the lineup, Ravens Call was able to secure the most prolific pair of wide receivers in the league.
With three ADP-based steals (Sony Michel, the Ravens Defense, and Jake Elliott), some shrewd moves were made throughout the draft.
Le'Veon Bell can hurt opponents with his hands as well as his feet. He ranks fifth among RBs in projected receiving yards with 696.
With 614 projected rushing yards (ranking first among QBs), Cam Newton has multiple ways to bring in points.

Better than I thought.

I did set up the night before order of positions for the auto pick - ie, RBs and WRs for the first 5 rounds of the draft - that seemed to help. It was one thing I picked up from a little bit of research.
Pretty impressive

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:54 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 2:03 pm
Have proposed a draft to Iofthetigers.

TRADING AWAY

Demaryius Thomas - WR - DEN (Rank 15)

AND

Cooper Kupp - WR - LAC (Rank 34)

FOR
Jordan Howard RB CHI (Rank 15)

Its a 15 rank for a 15 rank plus an advantage in the other person favour. Iofthetigers also has another Los Angeles Rams WR so Cooper Kupp offers a handbrake/back up for him.

I would prefer if all trades are in the favour of the person being asked.

I would also prefer it if all trades are posted here for transparency.

If anyone objects to a trade please quote the trade and state your reasons. I doubt we will have any trouble if like requested all trades are in favour of the person being asked to go along with the trade.

Rankings have been taken from - http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/st ... kings-2018

Fine by me
Crush, kill and destroy!

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 3:10 pm

iofthetigers wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 1:45 pm
Thats ok though. I like the challenge. This is what i like about it, im learning about a heap of new running backs and going through the free agency. Its the fun of it for me.

Thanks for the trade offer, im going to have a good look at things tonight. Might make you an offer through the system.
Last year Jamaal Charles & Adrian Peterson were 2 of the top 5 running backs & I picked up Alvin Kamira in week 2 only by looking at percentive owned.
[/quote]

I'm finding it an enjoyable challenge too.

A lot to get your head around. Could lose a lot of time here.

My first year of EPL Fantasy too, which I'm liking.

After a few years of playing both NRL and AFL Fantasy (both Supercoach and Fantasy forms).

Haha not that I'm addicted at all. Or that I'm here due to the looming Fantasy withdrawal with the AFL/NRL seasons ending!
Crush, kill and destroy!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 3:29 pm

guyofthetiger wrote:

Draft Grade
A-

You did well working that out. I couldn't work it out then tried to queue players in the last five minutes. Disaster.

I think you'll find it a little more in depth than Supercoach and the like. Try the ESPN Fantasy as well, it's a good one.
Its an opinion!

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:09 pm

Possible trade

Trading away

Bernard (RB)

Benjamin ( WR)

For

Fournette ( RB)
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:19 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:09 pm
Possible trade

Trading away

Bernard (RB)

Benjamin ( WR)

For

Fournette ( RB)
If you get that, that's another steal

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm

Looking to trade for a Good starting RB

Willing to trade
Matt Ryan
CJ Anderson
Charles Clay

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 6:21 pm

Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm

Willing to trade
Matt Ryan
CJ Anderson
Charles Clay
I'll give you Barber and Benjamin for Clay.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:17 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 3:29 pm
guyofthetiger wrote:

Draft Grade
A-

You did well working that out. I couldn't work it out then tried to queue players in the last five minutes. Disaster.

I think you'll find it a little more in depth than Supercoach and the like. Try the ESPN Fantasy as well, it's a good one.

This was the link that I found useful for to set the preferred positions by round -

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/stor ... y-for-2018

I might have set the QB for round 5 instead of 6 though for next time.

Each fantasy game has its own quirks. I like that this enables trading free market players at any time. I'm not so good with saving trades when there's a limited allotment...
Crush, kill and destroy!

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:27 pm

Willing to trade Benjamin, Barber, Sanders for a RB with a average of 12 or above.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:33 pm

Is there any good place to see the team line-ups for the weekend? I'm worried that I'm going to name a player who won't get much game time.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Bozo97

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 7:59 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 6:21 pm
Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 4:41 pm

Willing to trade
Matt Ryan
CJ Anderson
Charles Clay
I'll give you Barber and Benjamin for Clay.
Which Benjamin?

guyofthetiger

Post by guyofthetiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:35 pm

Should I be getting rid of Bell given all th3 will he won’t he play conjecture?
Crush, kill and destroy!

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:52 pm

guyofthetiger wrote:
Wed 05 Sep, 2018 9:35 pm
Should I be getting rid of Bell given all th3 will he won’t he play conjecture?
I would happily take him off you in return i will give you Bernard and Kevin Benjamin.