Horn v Mundine

Post Reply
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41139
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Horn v Mundine

Post by happy tiger » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:57 am

Mundine looks great in the gym

Sorry Tony looks great in the gym , Horn should fight him instead of his loud mouth disrespectful allegedly GOAT son


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 2:46 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 12:57 am
Mundine looks great in the gym

Sorry Tony looks great in the gym , Horn should fight him instead of his loud mouth disrespectful allegedly GOAT son
At least gives us something to follow during the break
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Bozo97
Member
Member
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue 12 Apr, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Bozo97 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am

Will be nothing better then seeing Mundine out cold laying on the canvas

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:18 am

Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am
Will be nothing better then seeing Mundine out cold laying on the canvas
I don't like to see anyone lay out cold on the canvas and Choc brings the game to life. He lives a clean lifestyle so I appreciate that. On one occasion I spoke at length with his dad so can't dislike his children without solid reason.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
hugh1954
Member
Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Fri 17 May, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Maitland

Post by hugh1954 » Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:32 am

Hope choc doesn't get hurt here, the way we are going may be good signing for a centre spot


User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8267
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am

I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3510
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 10:33 am

Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
Mundine is a goose.
It's not a bad idea to throw some controversial statements to sell tickets but, unfortunately, he hasn't got enough intelligence to know when he's gone too far.
Has always been been trying the Ali way - but without the boxing or talking skills.
His dad is the polar opposite...and was a much better boxer who people respected.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8267
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 10:46 am

cktiger wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 10:33 am
Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
Mundine is a goose.
It's not a bad idea to throw some controversial statements to sell tickets but, unfortunately, he hasn't got enough intelligence to know when he's gone too far.
Has always been been trying the Ali way - but without the boxing or talking skills.
His dad is the polar opposite...and was a much better boxer who people respected.
Yeah man, I see both sides of the coin.... So I respect your opinion. I know why people dislike him but having spent some time with him on a few occasions... He's totally different when the cameras are off.

Believe it or not he's quite the gentleman and willing to do anything for the boys. Does a lot for charity and the idiginenous communities all over Australia.

All that aside though, he is a super talent despite getting on in age... He said this will be his last fight. Three weight class champ? Great boxer and was a great league player too...

BS aside, one of the best "athletes" to ever come out of Australia... Debatable but imo the best indigenous athlete of all time.... Happy to hear other opinions and feel free to disagree but that's how I feel.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 11:36 am

I think one of Aussie's quickest boxers. shame when he lost his first fight I think he got over confident. Then he was sidelined from USA due to 9/11 so missed the biggest opportunities. But over the years it has been reported that he has helped big time when needed, just like Willie Mason so good on both of them. I have all admiration for Horn as well, the reason why he took up boxing and he was only a part timer. (in chess I have knocked a few pros off in spite of being only a part timer so love them)
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41139
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 11:50 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:18 am
Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am
Will be nothing better then seeing Mundine out cold laying on the canvas
I don't like to see anyone lay out cold on the canvas and Choc brings the game to life. He lives a clean lifestyle so I appreciate that. On one occasion I spoke at length with his dad so can't dislike his children without solid reason.
Tony is pure class from what I have been told

Nicest bloke you could meet , very humble ,very happy to talk to the punters

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 11:50 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:18 am
Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am
Will be nothing better then seeing Mundine out cold laying on the canvas
I don't like to see anyone lay out cold on the canvas and Choc brings the game to life. He lives a clean lifestyle so I appreciate that. On one occasion I spoke at length with his dad so can't dislike his children without solid reason.
Tony is pure class from what I have been told

Nicest bloke you could meet , very humble ,very happy to talk to the punters

Exactly, I was a punter at the Harold Park greyhounds about 1975 where he was doing a promo gig. My mate's dog won that night, hope I gave him the tip.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tigers17
Member
Member
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat 04 Feb, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Tigers17 » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 1:24 pm

Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
Gotta agree, Choc has carried boxing in this country for ages, I realise his mouthing off is all for publicity, but he badly needed someone in his team on occasions to settle him down.

As far as an athlete, Mundine is right up there, if Mundine was 10 years younger he would have given Horn a boxing lesson, but at 43 I think Horn will just get him.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41139
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 2:20 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 12:43 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 11:50 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 11:18 am
Bozo97 wrote:
Wed 24 Oct, 2018 8:55 am
Will be nothing better then seeing Mundine out cold laying on the canvas
I don't like to see anyone lay out cold on the canvas and Choc brings the game to life. He lives a clean lifestyle so I appreciate that. On one occasion I spoke at length with his dad so can't dislike his children without solid reason.
Tony is pure class from what I have been told

Nicest bloke you could meet , very humble ,very happy to talk to the punters

Exactly, I was a punter at the Harold Park greyhounds about 1975 where he was doing a promo gig. My mate's dog won that night, hope I gave him the tip.
The old man and his brother saw him fight Steve Aczel twice at Festival Hall , met him after the fight in 1975 from memory

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8267
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 2:20 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 1:24 pm
Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
Gotta agree, Choc has carried boxing in this country for ages, I realise his mouthing off is all for publicity, but he badly needed someone in his team on occasions to settle him down.

As far as an athlete, Mundine is right up there, if Mundine was 10 years younger he would have given Horn a boxing lesson, but at 43 I think Horn will just get him.
I'd love the see the old boy pull off an upset. Then retire with a win.

Horn isn't anything special tbh. As a boxing fan that's my view on him.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 5:44 pm

Horn has too much guts for his own good - got to admire him for it though.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41139
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 6:52 pm

Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 2:20 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 1:24 pm
Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
Gotta agree, Choc has carried boxing in this country for ages, I realise his mouthing off is all for publicity, but he badly needed someone in his team on occasions to settle him down.

As far as an athlete, Mundine is right up there, if Mundine was 10 years younger he would have given Horn a boxing lesson, but at 43 I think Horn will just get him.
I'd love the see the old boy pull off an upset. Then retire with a win.

Horn isn't anything special tbh. As a boxing fan that's my view on him.
Might depend on what weight Mundine shows up at pre fight weigh in ......

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22665
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 6:54 pm

Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
Does it ever. He’s made a living off it for 20 years. And people are still thick enough to constantly take his bait.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4925
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 26 Oct, 2018 7:21 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 6:54 pm
Demps wrote:
Fri 26 Oct, 2018 9:45 am
I'm backing Choc.
Hes a good bloke. Had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. All the contraversial stuff is just to garner interest and sell tickets.

Horn is a nerd. Got gifted a win against Manny - didn't deserve it. Then got punished by TC.
Does it ever. He’s made a living off it for 20 years. And people are still thick enough to constantly take his bait.
Chocs fights on the Club TV would pack the place out whereas the footy only gets a handful on most occasions.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Post Reply