Cricket Season Thread

happy tiger

Re: Cricket Season Thread

Post by happy tiger » Wed 23 May, 2018 11:51 pm

Sabre wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 9:29 pm
My favourite non-Australian cricketer of all time. Going to miss seeing him go around.

Yeah he and Amla are class acts

Funny you don't have a Pom on that list :lol:

Any bloke who backs his religion and pays the fines because of it are OK in my book

Probably along with Tendulkar and Smith the best batsmen of their generation

And I don't want to hear one thing about Kallis CB :D

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:32 am

Haha, shame to see ABDV call it quits but the heart wants what it wants and he's going out on top. Ponting had the window to do that and opted to hang around and finished up with a whimper.

I would like to mention Dravid in the same breath as Tendulkar but he wasn't as good in limited overs. I think he is on par with Tendulkar as a Test bat, although their styles were diametrically opposed (I think to this day that Dravid is the definition of a what Test #3
should be.)
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 4:56 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:32 am
Haha, shame to see ABDV call it quits but the heart wants what it wants and he's going out on top. Ponting had the window to do that and opted to hang around and finished up with a whimper.

I would like to mention Dravid in the same breath as Tendulkar but he wasn't as good in limited overs. I think he is on par with Tendulkar as a Test bat, although their styles were diametrically opposed (I think to this day that Dravid is the definition of a what Test #3
should be.)
Yeah I'd still argue if I wanted someone to bat for my life I choose Steve Waugh over any of the above

trumper

Post by trumper » Thu 24 May, 2018 6:18 pm

And I'd have to add that if I had to die watching someone bat it would be DR Martyn.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 24 May, 2018 6:36 pm

AB was the best bat in the world at the top of his game. No other batsman came close.

the third

Post by the third » Thu 24 May, 2018 6:49 pm

i hear he may be coming to Sydney

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:04 am

Look we need to clear something up

Cricket season is from November to March unless Australia is winning

So Hobbo talking about England winning with a record score in June means nothing OK

The players are too busy backing against themselves , taking the 50-1 odds on England scoring it's highest ever score and betting on rigged NRL penalty counts to care about playing cricket

Focus man focus , the World Cups on England will choke in that shortly , and your beast is languishing in ISP and about to be switched for some red headed goal kicker from the Blue Mountains who probably has more fire in his belly than your man crush

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:48 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:04 am
Look we need to clear something up

Cricket season is from November to March unless Australia is winning

So Hobbo talking about England winning with a record score in June means nothing OK

The players are too busy backing against themselves , taking the 50-1 odds on England scoring it's highest ever score and betting on rigged NRL penalty counts to care about playing cricket

Focus man focus , the World Cups on England will choke in that shortly , and your beast is languishing in ISP and about to be switched for some red headed goal kicker from the Blue Mountains who probably has more fire in his belly than your man crush
As far as the Aussie Cricket team go
“Cheats never prosper “
#neednewsandpaper

Suck on some English willow instead of cane toads :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:53 am

I hope Warner and co. are pleased with the damage they've done. It's pretty ordinary listening to Saffas, Indians and the English lecture us about cheating when they've all been done for it in the past.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:00 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:53 am
I hope Warner and co. are pleased with the damage they've done. It's pretty ordinary listening to Saffas, Indians and the English lecture us about cheating when they've all been done for it in the past.
Yeah but to use sandpaper :lol:
Talk about dumb !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:30 am

hobbo wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:00 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Talk about dumb !
Oh mate you'll get no argument here. It was beyond stupid. But to hear nations that have rubbed lollies, used dirt in their pockets and even bitten at the ball to laugh at us just shows how dumb the whole situation was. Always thought since they were well paid they'd never need to stoop to this crap, turns out I was wrong. Should have known it was always a possibility while Mr. Teeny aka Dave Warner was in the team.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:45 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:30 am
hobbo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Talk about dumb !
Oh mate you'll get no argument here. It was beyond stupid. But to hear nations that have rubbed lollies, used dirt in their pockets and even bitten at the ball to laugh at us just shows how dumb the whole situation was. Always thought since they were well paid they'd never need to stoop to this crap, turns out I was wrong. Should have known it was always a possibility while Mr. Teeny aka Dave Warner was in the team.
We used to spray our pants with mr sheen furniture polish to keep the shine up :lol:

Then again league players use hairspray on there hands !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:37 am

What is the deal with the Australian bowling attack, not sure why we are running out the Australian A side(generous)

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:40 am

hobbo wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:45 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Talk about dumb !
We used to spray our pants with mr sheen furniture polish to keep the shine up :lol:

My old man said when he played Keepers would sow/stick sandpaper on the their gloves.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:57 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:40 am
hobbo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Talk about dumb !

My old man said when he played Keepers would sow/stick sandpaper on the their gloves.
Yeah but your Dad and myself didn’t have 50 cameras on us :lol:

#barmyarmy
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:27 pm

hobbo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
hobbo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Talk about dumb !

You sprayed it on your pants because someone told you it would get longer :lol:

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:36 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:27 pm
hobbo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:
hobbo wrote:

Talk about dumb !

It worked ...
The Mrs loves the English Willow :lol:
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:40 pm

hobbo wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:36 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:27 pm
hobbo wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

It worked ...
The Mrs loves the English Willow :lol:
Willow's not English Hobbo :shock: