Cricket Season Thread

happy tiger

Re: Cricket Season Thread

Post by happy tiger » Wed 23 May, 2018 11:51 pm

Sabre wrote:
Wed 23 May, 2018 9:29 pm
My favourite non-Australian cricketer of all time. Going to miss seeing him go around.

Yeah he and Amla are class acts

Funny you don't have a Pom on that list :lol:

Any bloke who backs his religion and pays the fines because of it are OK in my book

Probably along with Tendulkar and Smith the best batsmen of their generation

And I don't want to hear one thing about Kallis CB :D

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 24 May, 2018 8:32 am

Haha, shame to see ABDV call it quits but the heart wants what it wants and he's going out on top. Ponting had the window to do that and opted to hang around and finished up with a whimper.

I would like to mention Dravid in the same breath as Tendulkar but he wasn't as good in limited overs. I think he is on par with Tendulkar as a Test bat, although their styles were diametrically opposed (I think to this day that Dravid is the definition of a what Test #3
should be.)
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 24 May, 2018 4:56 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 24 May, 2018 8:32 am
Haha, shame to see ABDV call it quits but the heart wants what it wants and he's going out on top. Ponting had the window to do that and opted to hang around and finished up with a whimper.

I would like to mention Dravid in the same breath as Tendulkar but he wasn't as good in limited overs. I think he is on par with Tendulkar as a Test bat, although their styles were diametrically opposed (I think to this day that Dravid is the definition of a what Test #3
should be.)
Yeah I'd still argue if I wanted someone to bat for my life I choose Steve Waugh over any of the above

trumper

Post by trumper » Thu 24 May, 2018 6:18 pm

And I'd have to add that if I had to die watching someone bat it would be DR Martyn.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 24 May, 2018 6:36 pm

AB was the best bat in the world at the top of his game. No other batsman came close.

the third

Post by the third » Thu 24 May, 2018 6:49 pm

i hear he may be coming to Sydney