If we beat warriors Taylor is a genius

innsaneink

Re: If we beat warriors Taylor is a genius

Post by innsaneink » Sun 28 Feb, 2016 10:18 pm

tigermac88 wrote:Is it Tuesday afternoon the teams are usually announced?
Yep

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 29 Feb, 2016 1:45 am

innsaneink wrote:
Yep
Early Thursday morning if Sheens or Roycie are involved

Their carrier pigeon's weren't real good

watcher

Post by watcher » Mon 29 Feb, 2016 7:29 am

cunno wrote:Hopefully the heat will knock the bigger warriors around
The size of the Warriors forwards though once true is a bit of a myth now, generally used as one of the media's cliches they seem to have for all teams. Souths, Dogs, Raiders and Roosters are all way bigger than the Warriors as an example. : :deadhorse:

cunno

Post by cunno » Mon 29 Feb, 2016 12:11 pm

watcher wrote:
The size of the Warriors forwards though once true is a bit of a myth now, generally used as one of the media's cliches they seem to have for all teams. Souths, Dogs, Raiders and Roosters are all way bigger than the Warriors as an example. : :deadhorse:
Thanks for that information watcher however I was focussing on this weeks game in the heat against the Warriors whom I believe are a larger team and may not adjust to the heat.

Bengal Tiger

Post by Bengal Tiger » Mon 29 Feb, 2016 12:37 pm

As well as the heat going for us, is warriors are favorites which now means they are expected to win and win comfortably. They normally don't do we win under pressure.

watcher

Post by watcher » Mon 29 Feb, 2016 3:58 pm

Pre the Dragons trial all us Warriors fans were really confident going into the Tigers game. Not so now. However that is a good thing and a kick in the pants often does a team good attitude wise. I reckon it will be typical early season game with mistakes and dubious options.

Hopefully we see a good game and both sets of supporters can be satisfied with their sides showing win or lose. All the best Tigs.

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 6:22 am

Yes but the correlation between the team named on Tuesday and the one that takes the field isn't an exact science especially as the season wears on and injuries and the like kick in.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 8:44 am

watcher wrote:
The Warriors have one of the best backrows in the comp

Going to be crucial in the reduced interchange era

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 10:29 am

cunno wrote:
doublesonthemain wrote:Looks like it'll be pretty warm, predicted to be 35 degrees so by 5:30 it wont be a lot different, maybe 32-35 degrees. So as usual it'll probably come down to who can control the ball best. I think there wont be a lot in it, both teams will play a little conservatively given the heat especially early on but near the end of each half expect some fatigue and a more open game. As usual should be plenty of points as in that heat cant expect teams to be great defensively all game unless it's very stop start. Just hoping we can get plenty of fans out there. It's a multicultural theme so maybe something light and airy might be the go, a sarong and T shirt eh?
A chance to wear my wests tigers speedos and thongs :lol:
Please don't... :o

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 10:36 am

watcher wrote:it has been in the 30's over here as well, very good point about ball control being key. I saw an interview with Matulino who said they have been training well but did not have the right attitude against the Dragons and they are embarrassed and need to make good.

A lot of us think the key for the Warriors will be Luke, Hooker has been a problem area for years, Nathan Friend is a courageous little bloke but is pretty ineffective both sides of the ball. Losing Leuluei last year was up there with Johnson.

We have the potential, but potential means you haven't done anything.
I love the last sentence. So true. WT have a lot of potential too... :(

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 01 Mar, 2016 12:19 pm

Tigermama wrote:
cunno wrote:
doublesonthemain wrote:Looks like it'll be pretty warm, predicted to be 35 degrees so by 5:30 it wont be a lot different, maybe 32-35 degrees. So as usual it'll probably come down to who can control the ball best. I think there wont be a lot in it, both teams will play a little conservatively given the heat especially early on but near the end of each half expect some fatigue and a more open game. As usual should be plenty of points as in that heat cant expect teams to be great defensively all game unless it's very stop start. Just hoping we can get plenty of fans out there. It's a multicultural theme so maybe something light and airy might be the go, a sarong and T shirt eh?
A chance to wear my wests tigers speedos and thongs :lol:
Please don't... :o
Come on Tigermama are you set for a good laugh :lol:

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 6:30 pm

Don't know about genius, but the selections and game plan have been going well so far.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 6:35 pm

His allowing them to play what they see in front of them and what most have been crying out for .

Early Days , we all know we have the players to complement this style of footy and defensively ? full credit there only Try from a bomb and i could be wrong but feels like they have had the better run of the Penalty count.

Very proud at the moment .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 6:40 pm

JT certainly knew what he was doing when he was teaching them DEFENSIVE STRUCTURES last year,its paying off at the moment....we always had attacking flair,now we have both....well done JT and the team...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 7:45 pm

TrueTiger wrote:JT certainly knew what he was doing when he was teaching them DEFENSIVE STRUCTURES last year,its paying off at the moment....we always had attacking flair,now we have both....well done JT and the team...
TT, at half time I remembered a game early last year against Canberra when we led by a huge margin (I think it was something like 20 points) and still lost the match. Today our tackling was great in the first half but fell away in the second half when Warriors received more possession. Still we held on grimly in the last ten minutes to take home the points. The team will take a lot of confidence from this game. Whoever said there was no team spirit in this team is definitely wrong.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 7:47 pm

Happy we won but I'm sitting in the club feeling like we lost

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 7:53 pm

innsaneink wrote:Happy we won but I'm sitting in the club feeling like we lost
Understandable after a second half like today.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:04 pm

innsaneink wrote:Happy we won but I'm sitting in the club feeling like we lost
Cheer up Ink, we are in the top 8. Drink to that 8-)
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford