If we beat warriors Taylor is a genius

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Re: If we beat warriors Taylor is a genius

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:15 pm

Jason Taylor.

#genius.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Byron Bay Fan
Has liked: 53 times
Been liked: 52 times

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:15 pm

second half when Moses dived on the loose ball played by Warriors did that deserve a penalty?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tsjonathan
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by tsjonathan » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:16 pm

As I predicted the tigers would win but I have doubts about the rest of the year

This was a new warriors team trying to find their chemistry in key positions like the 9,6,7,1

You can't just get the best players and expect them to kill it
Last edited by tsjonathan on Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:18 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:second half when Moses dived on the loose ball played by Warriors did that deserve a penalty?
50/50

depends if theres a dummy half or not. i would have ruled on our side there in the spirit of the rule since moses gave them a fair shot at it and the dummy half was a fair way away
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

TigerMoz

Unread post by TigerMoz » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:27 pm

We did but he sure is not.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:53 pm

TigerMoz wrote:We did but he sure is not.
Taylor is so far from a genius it's not funny. If anything that game shows how bad he stuffed us last year.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:01 pm

stevetiger wrote:
Taylor is so far from a genius it's not funny. If anything that game shows how bad he stuffed us last year.

JT did a great coaching job over the pre season and the win today showed just how much they needed to learn his structures last year..he always knew they could attack,he had to teach them defense...I don't think he stuffed them last year,he educated them...cheers Steve....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:02 pm

stevetiger wrote:

JT did a great coaching job over the pre season and the win today showed just how much they needed to learn his structures last year..he always knew they could attack,he had to teach them defense...I don't think he stuffed them last year,he educated them...cheers Steve....

LeichhardtTiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by LeichhardtTiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:21 pm

Well he must be a Genius cos we only rotated 3 players off the 4 man bench! Jack Buchanan wasn't needed against a massive Kiwi outfit! Pretty good management by JT. Ala Tim Sheens who used to pick a real bench warmer & only play 3!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 206 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:27 pm

And to think we did it without Farah

NJLM78
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by NJLM78 » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:30 pm

More than happy to give JT the credit for that game. We had quite a few experienced players missing and I went to the game not expecting much really. I really liked the confidence that the team showed. Not so much for the first half but how they handled it in the last 15mins of the game. When the lead was just 2, I thought we had thrown it away... again. More experienced Tigers teams of the past few years would have lost that game. Sure its round 1, but there seems to be plenty of confidence and belief among the players and I think JT deserves plenty of credit for that.

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:31 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:And to think we did it without Farah
Or Brooks,or Ballin or Halatau....

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 10:25 pm

tsjonathan wrote:As I predicted the tigers would win but I have doubts about the rest of the year

This was a new warriors team trying to find their chemistry in key positions like the 9,6,7,1

True but we were also without our starting halfback & hooker. Plus add a couple of Tigers debutants in Grant, Rankin, Aloiai, etc.

Credit where credits due.

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 10:38 pm

It was an excellent win. They scored a few tries from kicks and off the back of some of our errors and a glut of possession ...rankin too slow for winger. We would have lost this in previous years. Really proud of my team after the off season we had and with some of our key players out. Jury is still out on how good a coach jt is but credit where it is due, I thought he out coached his opponent easily.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 50 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 10:48 pm

Well coached. I am a big critic of what went on with JT last year but I am pleased with the execution today. Smart tactics with giving the keys to the car to Moses. We will live or die by Moses & Brooks.
I like the two hooker strategy even when Farah returns this should continue.

Newtown
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Newtown » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 10:49 pm

Jason Taylor's job for the next 25 rounds must be to continue to nurture, with patience and perserverance, our young players. He must continue to encourage our young players to be free to play to their natural strengths but at the same time work hard to improve on their weaknesses.

batboy
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by batboy » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 10:56 pm

tsjonathan wrote:As I predicted the tigers would win but I have doubts about the rest of the year

HANG ABOUT - They were all but full strength...

Take the starting hooker and starting halfback out of any team, any time - And put them up against a full strength Warriors

See how they'd go....

batboy
Has liked: 1 time

Unread post by batboy » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 10:56 pm

HANG ABOUT - They were all but full strength...

Take the starting hooker and starting halfback out of any team, any time - And put them up against a full strength Warriors

See how they'd go....

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”