If we beat warriors Taylor is a genius

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Re: If we beat warriors Taylor is a genius

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 11:07 pm

stevetiger wrote:
TigerMoz wrote:We did but he sure is not.
Taylor is so far from a genius it's not funny. If anything that game shows how bad he stuffed us last year.
Beat a virtually full strength NZ Warriors side, littered with some real talent, with 16 men. If they hadn't haemorrhaged 20 odd points in the second half that would have been a footy masterclass.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Harvey » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 11:58 pm

innsaneink wrote:Happy we won but I'm sitting in the club feeling like we lost
Heart attack city, but I was sitting in club feeling relieved. It was a good start to thye season and something to build on.

Eddie
Been liked: 11 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 11:59 pm

Was a really good win.

Taylor has adapted a much better game plan this season. Playing to our strengths.

We look dangerous every time we have the football.

Defnece in the first 50 minutes was really strong before dropping away.

Encouraging signs.,

Harvey

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 12:12 am

stevetiger wrote:
Taylor is so far from a genius it's not funny. If anything that game shows how bad he stuffed us last year.
:deadhorse:

Jeez we win and people still want to find something to bag. Enjoy it.

Harvey

Unread post by Harvey » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 12:17 am

Eddie wrote:Was a really good win.

Taylor has adapted a much better game plan this season. Playing to our strengths.

We look dangerous every time we have the football.

Defnece in the first 50 minutes was really strong before dropping away.

Encouraging signs.,
FInished off well defensively as well, but took the foot off their throat in the first 25 mins of the 2nd half. If ever their was a time for Taylorball (bagged by all) to be played, it was the opening of the 2nd half.

wd in perth
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by wd in perth » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 2:15 am

I don't really remember them at any stage playing for field position once they had a sizeable lead. It was all out attack which almost backfired drastically. Woods needs to take control in this department. It aint under 16's. The determination to end the rot when up by just two came far too late. I think we were really lucky that Manu had an off game.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 4:25 am

JT needs to get some glue for a few players with the high balls , apart from that a encouraging start

I don't think we were really tested defensively despite the scoreline , the Warriors were playing along way from the line and we just slid

Our hands have certainly improved with us playing at the line , a few blokes who in the past would certainly spill it looked like geniuses at times

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 4:28 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
Beat a virtually full strength NZ Warriors side, littered with some real talent, with 16 men. If they hadn't haemorrhaged 20 odd points in the second half that would have been a footy masterclass.
Umm Steve , JT may not be a genius , but you are certainly distancing yourself from the genius stakes

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 6:11 am

stevetiger wrote:
Stop living in the past..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:05 am

TrueTiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

JT did a great coaching job over the pre season and the win today showed just how much they needed to learn his structures last year..he always knew they could attack,he had to teach them defense...I don't think he stuffed them last year,he educated them...cheers Steve....
You may be right TT, but I think I' Il wait till our defence is actually put to the test by a decent team( which for most of yesterday's game ,( the Warriors weren't in that game ) before giving to much credit to last years " structure lessons"
In the only period that they looked like a team , we folded badly. ( again)
Still a win is a win, and it's a good start.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:11 am

Poor Steve... It must Suck for him seeing JT have success... Hahaha

Sad

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:14 am

Harvey wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Happy we won but I'm sitting in the club feeling like we lost
Heart attack city, but I was sitting in club feeling relieved. It was a good start to thye season and something to build on.
Yeah I'm better now... And after a good feed last night. Was annoyed at the capitulation in the 2nd half.... Just need to learn to do it for 80

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:28 am

We lost those games last yr, so it's already an improvement. It was a hot day and the Warriors have freakish attacking ability. I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt in that one for no other reason then I wasn't expecting the win.

I think we're beautifully placed against Manly with Manly having clear teething problems and us with Brooks back. We've been lucky to draw a few teams early who have new combinations and need time to gel.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:56 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
stevetiger wrote:

JT did a great coaching job over the pre season and the win today showed just how much they needed to learn his structures last year..he always knew they could attack,he had to teach them defense...I don't think he stuffed them last year,he educated them...cheers Steve....
You may be right TT, but I think I' Il wait till our defence is actually put to the test by a decent team( which for most of yesterday's game ,( the Warriors weren't in that game ) before giving to much credit to last years " structure lessons"
In the only period that they looked like a team , we folded badly. ( again)
Still a win is a win, and it's a good start.
Yeah full credit to JT and allowing them to play a bit more what they see.
Warriors were full of errors in the 1st half and weren't allowed to get into the game.
The second half we didn't revert to a grinding game and forced a few to many passes and invited them in, instead of completing our sets and play the percentages. I said to my old Man " that Try before half-time we scored might get us the 2 points ".
Really we should of had another 3 tries.

I'm not one to hope we go crap just to see the back of Taylor and who ever does? Is not a real Wests Tigers Supporter IMO.
We may all agree and disagree on who we believe should be our Coach but no one should be hoping we lose to see our Coach purposely gone.
Full credit to JT yesterday but one game isn't going to define him.

Here's hoping to a good year.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:59 am

innsaneink wrote:Poor Steve... It must Suck for him seeing JT have success... Hahaha

Sad
No - I'm stoked. I want him to be a success. It was a great win.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 9:00 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:We lost those games last yr, so it's already an improvement. It was a hot day and the Warriors have freakish attacking ability. I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt in that one for no other reason then I wasn't expecting the win.

I think we're beautifully placed against Manly with Manly having clear teething problems and us with Brooks back. We've been lucky to draw a few teams early who have new combinations and need time to gel.
Yeah agreed.

I seriously think we will beat Manly now.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 10:03 am

foreveratiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:We lost those games last yr, so it's already an improvement. It was a hot day and the Warriors have freakish attacking ability. I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt in that one for no other reason then I wasn't expecting the win.

Yeah agreed.

Then there's the Titans. We could seriously start the yr 3 from 3

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 10:12 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

Yeah agreed.

Then there's the Titans. We could seriously start the yr 3 from 3
Let's hope so, can't wait for the Titans game.

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”