Warriors team announced

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Re: Warriors team announced

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:45 am

Let's be serious here, Ayshford can be an outstanding player on his day. He's spent a couple of seasons largely playing reserve grade, he might be hungry to get out there and win back a first grade position.

I'd treat him with the respect, to not do so could wind up making us look very foolish.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:46 am

jirskyr wrote:Warriors have the same fundamental problem as Tigers do - enough elite-quality players to be dangerous, not enough cohesion as a team to be consistent.

I think most non-Warriors fans would have big question marks on the quality of their backline and bench, same as for us. For example, I think Lolohea is wasted on the wing, but he's not strong enough to break into the halves and obviously they now have RTS at the back.

I don't rate Kata/Ayshford as a centre pairing at all. As noted previously, Kata is a real liability in defence, esp on his own line, and unless Aysh has turned it around massively, I thought his form was ordinary in his last year for us, possibly worse at Sharks.

Warriors have a good spine and plenty of size. I wonder how Gavet will go with reduced interchange.

Agree 100% especially with the first part, its not much but both teams are probably two quality players short in there 17 to be penciled in as a real chance come September. I suppose where we are a little lucky we have plenty of players who are on the up rather than on the down

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Spartan117 » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 10:40 am

If we had Robbie, I would be a little confident of winning.

This Warriors team is Polar for me and ours is on average very young

Stars and (for me) no names.

Wests Tigers Warriors
1 James Tedesco--------- 1.Roger Tuivasa Sheck
2 David Nofoaluma--------- 2.Tuimoala Lolohea
3 Tim Simona--------- 3.Blake Ayshford
4 Kevin Naiqama--------- 4.Solomone Kata
5 Jordan Rankin--------- 5.Manu Vatuvei
6 Mitchell Moses --------- 6.Shaun Johnson
7 Jack Littlejohn--------- 7.Jeff Robson
8 Aaron Woods (c) --------- 8.Jacob Lillyman
9 Manaia Cherrington--------- 9.Isaac Luke
10 Tim Grant--------- 10.Ben Matulino
11 Curtis Sironen--------- 11.Ben Henry
12 Chris Lawrence--------- 12.Ryan Hoffman(c)
13 Sauaso Sue--------- 13.Simon Mannering

Interchange
14 Kyle Lovett --------- 14.Nathaniel Roache
15 Josh Aloiai --------- 15.Sam Lisone
16 Ava Seumanufagai --------- 16.James Gavet
17 Jack Buchanan--------- 17.Bodene Thompson
18 Michael Chee Kam--------- 18.Jonathon Wright
------------------------------------ 20.Albert Vete

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Spartan117 » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 10:43 am

Looks like the effort I made to put spaces etc in didnt work in the above post....

Spartan117
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by Spartan117 » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 10:49 am

Little Better with the ---------.

watcher

Unread post by watcher » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:18 am

Goose wrote:
watcher wrote:Not trolling, just a perspective from Warriors fans, Really only Ayshford, which was no surprise, but a lot of support for Hurrell. Thompson was expected to start in the starting 13.

The bench contains a couple of surprises, most of us didn't expect Roache, he is a comer though, only 19 and can play multiple positions. Earnt his spot pre season. Gavet no surprise, surprised that Lisone got the spot ahead of Vete. However he is quick and has good footwork. Thompson hasn't had much game time so a logical choice.

As always with us ball security and defence will be the key.
You Say no surprise with Ashford, but do you agree with it.
Fusitua and Hurrell seem better options
Hi Goose,

Working on the theory do what the opposition don't want you to do, then I would pick Hurrell, Fusitua is injured, and is a rubbish defender. Hurrell is really fit this year, but he stuffed up big time last year and with his running style not totally sorted a run in NSW Cup is a reasonable selection. It is a long season Hurrell will get his chance.

General opinion from us is that the media is beating up on your guys but they are a pretty handy team, Tedesco especially is dangerous :brick: :brick: . We are not overly confident despite what the media says, games are not won on paper. We believe we edge you in quite a few areas but need to carry out the basics.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:30 am

watcher wrote:
Goose wrote:
watcher wrote:Not trolling, just a perspective from Warriors fans, Really only Ayshford, which was no surprise, but a lot of support for Hurrell. Thompson was expected to start in the starting 13.

The bench contains a couple of surprises, most of us didn't expect Roache, he is a comer though, only 19 and can play multiple positions. Earnt his spot pre season. Gavet no surprise, surprised that Lisone got the spot ahead of Vete. However he is quick and has good footwork. Thompson hasn't had much game time so a logical choice.

As always with us ball security and defence will be the key.
You Say no surprise with Ashford, but do you agree with it.
Fusitua and Hurrell seem better options
Hi Goose,

Working on the theory do what the opposition don't want you to do, then I would pick Hurrell, Fusitua is injured, and is a rubbish defender. Hurrell is really fit this year, but he stuffed up big time last year and with his running style not totally sorted a run in NSW Cup is a reasonable selection. It is a long season Hurrell will get his chance.

General opinion from us is that the media is beating up on your guys but they are a pretty handy team, Tedesco especially is dangerous :brick: :brick: . We are not overly confident despite what the media says, games are not won on paper. We believe we edge you in quite a few areas but need to carry out the basics.
Fair enough. I really like both Hurrell and Fusitua, glad they are not playing.

As for our side, I think we will be brilliant at times, painful at others. We will be inconsistent for sure, but we will shock some sides.

I reckon the Warriors have a fantastic side. For me the key for them is Mannering and Hoffman If they add steel to the pack and stay healthy, you know the spine and three quarters are going to run amok

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:41 am

Watcher what are your thoughts on Johnson at 6 ??

Mate I'm a believer if it isn't broken don't change it

Robson would be more adept at playing either 6 or 7 whereas Johnson I see primarily as a 7

Honestly give us some hope based solely on that alone

watcher

Unread post by watcher » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 2:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:Watcher what are your thoughts on Johnson at 6 ??

Mate I'm a believer if it isn't broken don't change it

Robson would be more adept at playing either 6 or 7 whereas Johnson I see primarily as a 7

Honestly give us some hope based solely on that alone
Hi Happy Tiger,

A lot of us have wanted Johnson at 6 for ages. Robson will take the pure 7 steady and organising role while SJ can play whats in front of him, which is his strength. We know Robson is ordinary, but he is there to take the dull, dirty and dangerous stuff off SJ. Similar to what Foran does for him in the Kiwis. Last year restricting him to one side was nuts. So in a long winded answer to your question despite the jersey number it is what he is used to.

everett

Unread post by everett » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 4:03 pm

Hurrell needs to change clubs. Melbourne would be a good choice. Needs a strong coach
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

watcher

Unread post by watcher » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 5:10 pm

everett wrote:Hurrell needs to change clubs. Melbourne would be a good choice. Needs a strong coach
That has been mentioned more than once, and he was offered a release last year. However, and this is to his credit, he has worked hard and got really fit. He believes he owes the Warriors for a couple of years where the club showed belief and he let them down. He will figure this year no question.

The word is his problem is his management. I think we all know he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and his tosser management told him bad stuff. Jim Doyle sorted both of them late last year. Before they played you guys he went to a concert got home at 3am then a 6am flight to Sydney.

Doyle called Konnie and his Manager in and when the Manager said straight away that Konnie is entitled to have a life. Doyle tore them a new one and fined Konnie. Doyle is so important. He is the reason we got Luke and Scheck, and nearly Waerea-Hargreaves.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 6:19 pm

It all starts at the top. If the front office is solid like the Roosters or Bulldogs the team on th park will perform consistently. Like the Warriors we have had talent in the many key areas , but with basket case management not enough direction to build a winning culture.
Doyle sounds like he is doing a good job at the Warriors
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

watcher

Unread post by watcher » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 7:58 pm

A lot of us think Doyle is what we have missed for 20 years. Generally the Warriors have been a cot case as far as leadership goes. I suppose I don't have to tell a Wests fan how that goes. There is a legal term that sums it up, 'The fruit of a poisoned tree'. Starting from CEO no 1, Ian Robson, who from a $20 million turnover returned a $400,000 profit. More recently merchandising was the priority. Jersey sales being more important than results.

We have always had the talent, but unless the front office is sorted it is difficult to be successful. We were top 4 last year, everyone quotes losing Johnson, which was huge, but we also lost Lueluei, Henry, Vatuvei, Hoffman, Mannering, Tomkins, Fusitua, and Lillyman.
Hopeful for better luck with injuries this year

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 10:57 pm

Jim Doyle is a very good operator.
He is who I want to run the NRL.

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”