WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

MacDougall

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

Post by MacDougall » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 1:52 pm

innsaneink wrote:Daniel Alvaro, Joe Ofahengaue, Blake Leary, Adam Elliott, Kurt Baptiste, Suaia Matagi, Jonathan Wright, Scott Bolton, Matt Prior Mitchell Frei, Zane Musgrove, Leivaha Pulu, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Christian Welch, Jake Marketo

all teams have these players....
Let me be an argumentative jerk and say ...

I would take all of these players over Lovett and Buchanan with the exception of J Wright and A Elliott but only the latter because he hasn't played first grade yet so how could you criticise the kid, he might be awesome?

Elliott is a St Gregs kid too and was captain of Wests Harold Matts and SG Ball I think?

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 2:34 pm

innsaneink wrote:Daniel Alvaro, Joe Ofahengaue, Blake Leary, Adam Elliott, Kurt Baptiste, Suaia Matagi, Jonathan Wright, Scott Bolton, Matt Prior Mitchell Frei, Zane Musgrove, Leivaha Pulu, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Christian Welch, Jake Marketo

You can't really add the most highly regarded young prop in the game in Ofahengaue with those others. Far from a plodder, but yes still young and cementing his spot in a highly competitive Broncos pack.

Half of those players would walk onto our bench, the other half i've never even heard of.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 2:39 pm

ALX22 wrote:
bp tiger wrote:no mcconachie in any grade, does anyone know why?
Has been named at prop for the Ipswich Jets.
has McConachie left tigers, does any one know whats going on?

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 3:05 pm

There is little argument that this is probably the best 18 man squad we can field this week. Sure Lovett and Buchanan aren't my first choice, however lets face it we don't have better FG options at this point in time. I have not been a big fan of either of them, but I too noticed some intent and hunger in Lovett during the trials - so I am hoping he is lifting his game. As for Jack, I would think that when Edwards comes good he will come in to the side at 13 and Sue will be the 4th prop. MCK looks a good option on the bench but Halatau probably needs a spot to cover dummy half. Maybe Lovett's bench spot could be the one.

My bigger concern for this opener is that Brooks has looked good and really lifted the team in attack when he has come on during the trial period. Whether JLJ can fill that void remains to be seen. Rankin has a tough intro as well. No interchange for Cherrington could hurt us badly as I'm not sure he can handle the Warriors big forwards for 80.

All in all - I think we are going to struggle but as long as the effort is there you never know. The Warriors can be anything on any given day so let's hope it's not one of their magical days!!

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 4:29 pm

IS moses or Rankin kicking goals

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 4:31 pm

hodgo wrote:IS moses or Rankin kicking goals
Hopefully you Hodgo :lol:

Seriously though , Rankin in kicking

Post by 851 » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 5:40 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Hopefully you Hodgo :lol:

Seriously though , Rankin in kicking
He better have been practicing, his kicking stunk in the trial.
Go hard or go home

ALX22

Post by ALX22 » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 7:05 pm

Ipswich Jets v Norths Devils at North Ipswich Reserve on Saturday, March 5 at 3.15pm

Ipswich Jets
1. Carlin Anderson 2. Marmin Barba 3. Liam Capewell 4. Nemani Valekapa 5. Richard Pandia 6. Haydan Lipp 7. Dane Phillips (c) 8. Joshua Seage 9. Landon Hayes 16. Billy McConnachie 11. Nathaniel Neale 12. Salesi Funaki 13. Rory Humphreys 14. Sebastian Pandia 16. Elijah Alick 17. Marion Seve 18. Michael Purcell 19. Kyle McConnell 20. Abraham Atalla

Coach: Ben Walker and Shane Walker

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 7:49 pm

MacDougall wrote:

Let me be an argumentative jerk and say ...

I would take all of these players over Lovett and Buchanan with the exception of J Wright and A Elliott but only the latter because he hasn't played first grade yet so how could you criticise the kid, he might be awesome?

Elliott is a St Gregs kid too and was captain of Wests Harold Matts and SG Ball I think?
captain of aus schoolboys and played u20s origin with moses and lodge, played nsw cup origin last year too at just 20.

but agree with ink, all teams have plodders. bolton, baptiste, elliott, marketo and prior not really plodders though. the above listed players are more like our seumanufagai, cherrington, sironen, lawrence etc. unproven and haven't even had a break out game yet.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 7:53 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:What sort of team do expect Taylor to pick? We're one of the weakest teams in the comp. plodders like Buchannon, Lovett and Siro are staples in mediocre teams.
Good old Strrrettchh up to his old tricks

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:13 pm

Geo. wrote:Ink raises a good point..All teams have plodders (what a buzz word)..I think we need to come up with some sort of scale to rate the plodders..ie Our Plodders are better or worse than your Plodders or something like that...Or how many times you can use the word Plodders in a post...who knows we could start a Plodder revolution...

A ball hasn't been kicked in anger yet...Lovett was good in the trials and Buchanan at least has 1st Grade experience..we won't win or loose because they are in the team...it's a team game..we'll loose if we can't control the football and miss a zillion tackles...
Roy and HG invented just such a scale many moons ago - rating how many 'Hardwicks' each player was equivalent to. Do I recall some players being equal to 6 or 7 Hardwicks?? Not sure but it was all quite funny.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:21 pm

Does it matter as long as they go over....neither is much better than the other.....

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:30 pm

ALX22 wrote:Ipswich Jets v Norths Devils at North Ipswich Reserve on Saturday, March 5 at 3.15pm

Ipswich Jets
1. Carlin Anderson 2. Marmin Barba 3. Liam Capewell 4. Nemani Valekapa 5. Richard Pandia 6. Haydan Lipp 7. Dane Phillips (c) 8. Joshua Seage 9. Landon Hayes 16. Billy McConnachie 11. Nathaniel Neale 12. Salesi Funaki 13. Rory Humphreys 14. Sebastian Pandia 16. Elijah Alick 17. Marion Seve 18. Michael Purcell 19. Kyle McConnell 20. Abraham Atalla

Coach: Ben Walker and Shane Walker
Perhaps the Ipswich Tiger Jets

Look at the No's 12 and 17 Funaki and Seve

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:42 pm

I like the look of the team.

Back row strength is still a huge worry however

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:49 pm

smeghead wrote:I like the look of the team.

I think it's as best as we could of done smeg.

Been a while mate.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:50 pm

Agreed... Welcome Back Smeg!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:52 pm

See you this time next year..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 8:52 pm

Most likely