WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

bp tiger

Re: WESTS Tigers Team V Warriors...

Post by bp tiger » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 9:00 pm

bp tiger wrote:
ALX22 wrote:
bp tiger wrote:no mcconachie in any grade, does anyone know why?
Has been named at prop for the Ipswich Jets.
has McConachie left tigers, does any one know whats going on?
he is suspended, i think he got 2 weeks.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 9:06 pm

He bailed and we said "toodle-ooh"

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:00 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
innsaneink wrote:Daniel Alvaro, Joe Ofahengaue, Blake Leary, Adam Elliott, Kurt Baptiste, Suaia Matagi, Jonathan Wright, Scott Bolton, Matt Prior Mitchell Frei, Zane Musgrove, Leivaha Pulu, Lachlan Fitzgibbon, Christian Welch, Jake Marketo

all teams have these players....
You can't really add the most highly regarded young prop in the game in Ofahengaue with those others. Far from a plodder, but yes still young and cementing his spot in a highly competitive Broncos pack.

Half of those players would walk onto our bench, the other half i've never even heard of.
Scott Bolton would be a starting prop at this club and would probably start at a number of others on form (Raiders, Panthers, Sharks, Souths, Titans, Knights, Dragons and Storm). He's overshadowed by the starting props at the Cowboys but he was bloody good last year.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:16 pm

Adamtiger1 wrote:Maybe he hasn't named liddle and he's a smokey to be named on the bench in #19 to keep him out of the
Media!?!? I don't know how Herrington will play 80
He certainly can play the whole 80. But he won't be able to deliver quality footy, for the whole 80.
Anyway, good luck to the boys.

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:39 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:Congrats to all the newbies, looking forward to seeing them run around in Tigers colours for the first time.

Actually I'll be in Fiji for this so just looking forward to it full stop!

The off-season has been too long. Up the Tigers!!!

Hey Raven,I'm going to Fiji in June,the Naviti on the coral coast,can you let me know if they show the NRL over there please....cheers mate....

Go the Tigers...hoping for very few injuries this year so we don't have to swap and change players into different positions every week....
You won't have a problem watching NRL in Fiji...they are footy mad over there. Near every bar I went to had the whole weeks games being played over and over again. I took 10 footballs over with me for the local kids (and a couple of cheap pumps) talking footy is a great way to engage with the locals. They took me to local games and invited me to play touch footy every arvo with them..just before beer time.
That's nice Tigerdon. A few years ago we went there for a holiday. My son and BH brought with them half a suitcase full of old ( but in good condition) footy shorts, footy boots and socks, flags, WT hats and a couple of old jerseys to give away to the locals. They were so grateful and happy to receive the gifts. Needless to say we made some friends instantly. Lovely people. :P

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:46 pm

happy tiger wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:Haha come on fellas, the off-season is almost over. We can make it
Or we can look at it this way

26 and half weeks to the off season :shock:
Let's not... Hate the off season. :x

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:50 pm

Tigermama wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
greatodensraven wrote:Haha come on fellas, the off-season is almost over. We can make it

But the next off season is one season closer to us getting a side that might push for the Top 8 :lol:

I'm a glass half full sort of guy , or was that just evaporation or torrential rain ??

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Wed 02 Mar, 2016 11:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

But the next off season is one season closer to us getting a side that might push for the Top 8 :lol:

I'm a glass half full sort of guy , or was that just evaporation or torrential rain ??

Lol... :lol:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 9:48 am

smeghead wrote:Most likely
Ahh , how we have all missed the dancing bear

Welcome back mate

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 9:50 am

2041 wrote:
Milky wrote:With the exception of 14 and 17 i am happy, willing to give them a chance though.
14 and 17 are exhibits A and B to be used against the people who think we've recruited well because we've "added depth".
"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing". - John Powell .

I was willing to give Taylor the benefit this season for last year's aberration as it was really only his first year, but selecting Buchanan is alone enough reason to seriously doubt him. It shows he has learnt nothing and will therefore continue making the same mistakes, running this team into the ground with no thought for present success or future progress.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 9:53 am

bigsiro wrote:
2041 wrote:
Milky wrote:With the exception of 14 and 17 i am happy, willing to give them a chance though.
14 and 17 are exhibits A and B to be used against the people who think we've recruited well because we've "added depth".

I was willing to give Taylor the benefit this season for last year's aberration as it was really only his first year, but selecting Buchanan is alone enough reason to seriously doubt him. It shows he has learnt nothing and will therefore continue making the same mistakes, running this team into the ground with no thought for present success or future progress.
Buchanan is not that bad he just has not done anything amazing.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 9:57 am

bigsiro wrote:
2041 wrote:

Looking at our 18 man squad either he or Lovett will miss out

I'm guessing it will be Buchanan because no matter what people are saying Cherrington won't get the 80 minutes and I'm also guessing that Lovett will play middle of the ruck in defence and someone will slot into the make shift hooker role

We may even get a late change and both drop off the bench

Picking Buchanan if we are going to make a late change isn't a bad idea as the Warriors can't really see how we will attack this game with a particular game plan

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 9:58 am

Actually, he is that bad. He has no penetration as a big forward. He doesn't pass. He goes to ground easily. He is predictable. He concedes silly penalties way too often and is generally a liability.
I would rather us play with one man less on the bench than him there.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 10:05 am

happy tiger wrote:
bigsiro wrote:
2041 wrote:

Looking at our 18 man squad either he or Lovett will miss out

I'm guessing it will be Buchanan because no matter what people are saying Cherrington won't get the 80 minutes and I'm also guessing that Lovett will play middle of the ruck in defence and someone will slot into the make shift hooker role

We may even get a late change and both drop off the bench

Picking Buchanan if we are going to make a late change isn't a bad idea as the Warriors can't really see how we will attack this game with a particular game plan
Lovett is more reliable.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 11:46 am

Saw a scoop today stating Lawrence will play 5/8 with Little John at 9 for the start of the game until Cherrington comes on.

Sheens is back???
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 11:53 am

bigsiro wrote:Actually, he is that bad. He has no penetration as a big forward. He doesn't pass. He goes to ground easily. He is predictable. He concedes silly penalties way too often and is generally a liability.
I would rather us play with one man less on the bench than him there.
pretty much sums him up. im sure he's a great guy who trains the house down, but at the end of the day what he has produced in first grade has been way below acceptable for a number of years now. i fail to believe guys like Dallas Graham, Jordan Grant or Rod Griffin would be any worse, at least give them a go to see what theyev got. Buchanan has now played first grade for 4 seasons, he wont get any better.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 11:54 am

Tiger Watto wrote:Saw a scoop today stating Lawrence will play 5/8 with Little John at 9 for the start of the game until Cherrington comes on.

Sheens is back???
lol where did you see that? if anything youd think siro would start at 5/8

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 03 Mar, 2016 11:57 am

fergiefurr wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:Saw a scoop today stating Lawrence will play 5/8 with Little John at 9 for the start of the game until Cherrington comes on.

Sheens is back???
lol where did you see that? if anything youd think siro would start at 5/8
Thats exactly what I said "wouldnt siro be more suited"...

Its some utube video reviewing the weekends games with Eric Grothe and some journo.

[about 2/3rd through it]
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017