*LIVE GAME DISCUSSION*

bonstonker

Re: *LIVE GAME DISCUSSION*

Unread post by bonstonker » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:19 pm

while good to get the 2 points,they won't mean a thing if they don't learn from this.
but in saying that,when the game ended up being there to be won or lost,they found a way.though they are lucky the warriors are just as bad at actually winning a game .

that second half hopefully keeps them grounded this week for manly.

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:32 pm

magpiecol wrote:
TIGER wrote:The contenders don't do that, that's the difference between the good teams and well........... us.

Pinhead alert!!!

Some people cannot say anything good about this team. Give yourself an uppercut.
If you think im a pinhead, put your money where your mouth is and name your price on the Tigers making the 8.
I say good things when i see them, you just choose to see the other stuff, and if you think that was the type of football that the contenders play then you're the pinhead.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:37 pm

Well unfortunately I couldn't find a pub on Denarau island in Fiji that would play the game, all were playing the rugby 7s. But thanks to everyone for the updates. Must admit I consumed about 3 times more booze from page 13-26 than page 1-12 but hey 2 points is 2 points!!

Great to hear Moses, Sue, Lawrence, Simona & Teddy carving up. Also good to hear some of the NSW cups lads having a good go.

12 more wins to go!

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:47 pm

magpiecol wrote:
TIGER wrote:The contenders don't do that, that's the difference between the good teams and well........... us.

Pinhead alert!!!

Some people cannot say anything good about this team. Give yourself an uppercut.
Exactly. It was a great effort.

bathursttiger
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:50 pm

This is why West Tiger supporters have their cardiologists phone number on speed dial!!!!!!!!!!

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 8:52 pm

TIGER wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Pinhead alert!!!

If you think im a pinhead, put your money where your mouth is and name your price on the Tigers making the 8.
I say good things when i see them, you just choose to see the other stuff, and if you think that was the type of football that the contenders play then you're the pinhead.
Col,TIGER speaks how he sees it,nothing wrong with him having his honest opinion,just as you do,and to be honest I reckon they did do enough to win the game and congratulations to them,on the other hand,Some teams in this comp will absolutely trounce our guys if they play the second half of their games like they did today.....the key word for our guys to be hammered into their heads ..is DICIPLINE...its great to play razzle dazzle,the trick is when to use it ....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

willow
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 86 times

Unread post by willow » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:06 pm

Awesome first half let down by poor attacking options in the second, which really put us under more pressure than we needed to be. Taylor may very well let the guys play what they see in front of them, but it also brings risk when the execution is lacking, or the play is simply not on. Hopefully the team learns from it and plays with a bit more control against Manly.

westTAHger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by westTAHger » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:16 pm

Was pleased with the result. May have not been as close, if, the players did not push the pass when not needed to. In 2nd half, a little curious as to why wests-tigers did not take a shot at penalty goal when leading 28 - 10. Score would have gone out to 30 -10.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

Russta
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by Russta » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:26 pm

Hey guys, I didn't get to see the game other than a few moments at a mates place. When RTS makes his break down field before Bodene's try.Did Naiqama get held back? My mate thinks it was nothing,but i think it should have been called back. Am i wrong?

InBenjiWeTrust
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:42 pm

Good to see Simona is still very fast, he run from the other side of the field to tackle RTS, so he is faster than RTS :)

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sat 05 Mar, 2016 9:53 pm

We are a young side still finding our way.

I was very encouraged by today.

Last year we let 3 big leads slip . This year we let them back in, but won.

A lot went against in that 20 minute period and the Warriors cashed in.

They will get better.

Brooks back having a second option will also help.

Happy with 2 points.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 3:39 pm

TIGER wrote:
magpiecol wrote:

Pinhead alert!!!

Should have/could have beaten the team that all the "experts" tipped to be top 4 this year, by a lot more.

If Sironen did not have, not one, but two brain explosions and give the ball back to the Warriors for two of their tries, and with Sue doing the same (once) the score would have been a lot different.

Kevin passed the ball to Robson, with Sironen on his inside for a 6 pointer. Nofo put his foot on the line for another try. And there was one more that they ruled that WT's knocked on after we scored yet another try next to the posts.

So you can see the score could have been anything our way.

I'll bet that last year you were critical of the game plan that Taylor implemented. Five carries and then kick. Yesterday, they threw the ball around like 2005 and you are still not happy.

What will please you?

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 4:19 pm

Ahh I love a good Live game thread read the day after...this thread needs meds... :lol:
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 4:37 pm

What's the procedure with the pinhead alert?
Helmets on and congregate at Geos joint?

doublesonthemain

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 5:15 pm

I heard the TV guys saying Sironen's try was pretty soft. Geez, give credit where credit is due that was a well worked try. I watched today and you see Moses looks like he will pop the pass to Teddy who is sweeping in from behind him and this draws the attention of Robson and Hoffman to Teddy (and why wouldn't it draw them) but Moses throws a lovely pass to Sironen running a great line. There's no doubt it's a training ground move which was perfectly executed. I think we'll see Moses and Brooks doing more of this as the season progresses. They have options with Teddy bobbing up everywhere (so important is this guy to the team) and Sirro and Rowdy running lines on the edges plus the centres and Nofa waiting for the cut out pass or a kick in behind. Oh, and Brooksy, in particular, might dummy and go himself. So if our forwards can lay a solid platform these guys can really trouble defences. Of course they will still have off days but I think we might just see them go to another level this year should the others around them do their jobs well.

weststigers
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by weststigers » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 3:02 am

In the end, we had Farah, Joel Edwards and Halatau out and they had their full compliment. The wheels fell off and they needed to consolidate which they did.

I think McFadden had Tedesco covered in the game plan as he didn't get any space, but the Warriors weren't watching anyone else in the first half, so we put on a try fest.

The closeness of the game came down to 3 bad passes that led to tries. We needed to play a different brand of football in the 2nd half, but didn't. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 6:28 am

I heard the JT interview on Grandstand yesterday. He said he was very proud of Moses as during the preseason they know Brooks was going to miss R1 and he would have to do most of the playmaking, with Robbies help. Then once Robbie was injured in the trail . Moses was going to have to talk a lot and lead the attack. Having Brooks back next week will help him.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”