Interchange Jack Buchanan

stevetiger

Re: Interchange Jack Buchanan

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:31 am

If we win who cares but I reckon using the bench well is important and you'd think Taylor will learn from this.

supercoach
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 62 times

Unread post by supercoach » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:40 am

15 minutes out from full time, most of our team was running on empty our defensive line had more holes in it than a piece of swiss cheese and the warriors were finding it very easy going and we had a fully fresh forward on the bench. To me it doesn't make sense. Also if he was basically been held to cover a late injury why pick him in front of MKC who would cover a lot more positions.

Of course we won so it was a master stroke, if we lost?????

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:43 am

It's an odd one.
I'd like to hear his reasoning before commenting.... Bloke next to me noticed our 2nd last interchange was still with ten to go.
It's a strange one... Maybe he injured himself warming up after Kic k off?

cunno

Unread post by cunno » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:49 am

Speaking of playing time, I didn't count the minutes at the game but Grant got a long hit out in the first half, and did better than I expected.

jirskyr
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:52 am

Maybe JT was worried about sending out a plodder against a desperate Warriors attack?

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:53 am

innsaneink wrote:It's an odd one.
I'd like to hear his reasoning before commenting.... Bloke next to me noticed our 2nd last interchange was still with ten to go.
I think it goes back to your initial comment on the matter of "Serious?" , as you seemed astonished and that particularly in the context of the second half, he may have remained benched.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 45 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:59 am

jirskyr wrote:Maybe JT was worried about sending out a plodder against a desperate Warriors attack?
Or maybe, unlike most everyone else, he couldn't see that they were also strolling straight through our middle as well. I praised Taylor's selections and tactics to start the match, but have major reservations on this decision.

foreveratiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by foreveratiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 9:06 am

We haven't got a Squad or the luxury to go a full game without using one of our bench players during a game.....especially with the reduced interchanges.
That was a massive call yesterday.

Was he asked in the Presso the reason Buchanan wasn't used?
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Chipofftheoldblock
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Chipofftheoldblock » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 9:31 am

I was surprised to not see Taylor use all his bench players. I dont rate Buchanan but feel sorry for him in this instance. It would of been much better to use Chee-Kam instead of Buchanan in that case or at Griffin on the bench.
To be honest though, Woods and Grant smashed it and Buchanan would of struggled to match anything of substance these 2 offered.

stryker
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 142 times

Unread post by stryker » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 9:50 am

I think it showed one thing...Woodsy and Grant have good motors.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 10:03 am

formerguest wrote:
innsaneink wrote:It's an odd one.
I think it goes back to your initial comment on the matter of "Serious?" , as you seemed astonished and that particularly in the context of the second half, he may have remained benched.
Yeah I was astonished initially.... But thinking about it he must have a reason why and I'd like to know that first.... Some are going on like he just forgot all about Jack

stevetiger

Unread post by stevetiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 10:21 am

stryker wrote:I think it showed one thing...Woodsy and Grant have good motors.
Those two just keep going didn't they. I think with Ava and Aloiai there it gives them 2 bigger forwards on the bench as well and it's probably enough. That means we can play Cherrington off the bench to give us some spark and a smaller forward to give the backrowers a rest.

fergiefurr
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by fergiefurr » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:57 am

I mentioned last week it wouldn't surprise me with the reduced interchange if a bench player only got 10 minutes or no time at all. If you have better guys capable of playing longer minutes then you don't use an interchange for the sake of it. I'd say Buchanan was there in case of an emergency and luckily wasn't needed.

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”