Can someone explain to me

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: Can someone explain to me

Unread post by Sabre » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:33 am

I get that it's the correct decision but what a stupid rule it is...
How can it be considered a voluntary tackle when you're trying to gain possession...

saundo1982

Unread post by saundo1982 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:38 am

Yossarian wrote:
saundo1982 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
MacDougall wrote:So technically the penalty is for a voluntary tackle? Haha okay so it shouldn't have been a penalty after all. Good stuff. If that were the case anybody diving on a grubber is also guilty of a voluntary tackle.
You can dive on the ball but you need to stand up straight after.
Ref blew the whistle pretty quickly and didnt give a chance to get back to his feet.
I'm not defending the penalty I was replying to saundo's comment about diving on grubbers.
not having a dig but never said anything about diving on grubbers, that wasnt me. and i wasnt haviong a shot at your comment just pointing out that he never got a chance to even try to stand up as no sooner had he landed on the ball was the whistle blown.

The way the ref spoke at the time made it sound if there is no dummy half you cant get the ball.

Yossarian
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 115 times

Unread post by Yossarian » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:26 pm

saundo1982 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
saundo1982 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
Ref blew the whistle pretty quickly and didnt give a chance to get back to his feet.
I'm not defending the penalty I was replying to saundo's comment about diving on grubbers.
not having a dig but never said anything about diving on grubbers, that wasnt me. and i wasnt haviong a shot at your comment just pointing out that he never got a chance to even try to stand up as no sooner had he landed on the ball was the whistle blown.

The way the ref spoke at the time made it sound if there is no dummy half you cant get the ball.
Sorry meant Macdougall.

Mighty Tiger
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:28 pm

Aside from section 11 the other thing to note was that Rankin slowed the dummy half from getting into position as such we would of been penalized for that anyway (not clearing the ruck).

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:30 pm

MacDougall wrote:So technically the penalty is for a voluntary tackle? Haha okay so it shouldn't have been a penalty after all. Good stuff. If that were the case anybody diving on a grubber is also guilty of a voluntary tackle.
No I believe it is only in this specific circumstance. The rules deem it to be a voluntary tackle - I guess because you are diving into the ruck. But I agree, a pretty silly rule that I have seen not policed over the years.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:31 pm

Mighty Tiger wrote:Aside from section 11 the other thing to note was that Rankin slowed the dummy half from getting into position as such we would of been penalized for that anyway (not clearing the ruck).
Yeh. That was my other observation but to be honest Rankin was lying quite a distance away from the ruck.

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:33 pm

No dummy half, no ruck, Moses entitled to dive on ball. Klein makes a 50/50 judgement call that goes against us. Happens all the time and we are going to have to get better at defending these errors whether we or the officials make them.

underdog
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:37 pm

Klein didn't penalise for voluntary tackle - he penalised saying Robson was in the ruck at dummy half.

Moses interjected saying he wasn't close enough to the ruck - (watch the hand gestures in the replay) Klein pretty much dismissed him after that by saying - "decisions been made"

In an impartial world I'd say that Klein gave Robson more leeway because he was slightly impeded by a tigers player on the ground, however in the real world I think Klein blew the penalty as a relfex because his teeny tiny little mind couldn't comprehend what was going on. :mrgreen:

Mighty Tiger

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:38 pm

southerntiger wrote:
Mighty Tiger wrote:Aside from section 11 the other thing to note was that Rankin slowed the dummy half from getting into position as such we would of been penalized for that anyway (not clearing the ruck).
Yeh. That was my other observation but to be honest Rankin was lying quite a distance away from the ruck.

Yeah he was a distance away however he wasn't trying to roll out of the ruck instead he stayed there. It restricted Robson getting into position quickly.

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:41 pm

underdog wrote:Klein didn't penalise for voluntary tackle - he penalised saying Robson was in the ruck at dummy half.

Moses interjected saying he wasn't close enough to the ruck - (watch the hand gestures in the replay) Klein pretty much dismissed him after that by saying - "decisions been made"

In an impartial world I'd say that Klein gave Robson more leeway because he was slightly impeded by a tigers player on the ground, however in the real world I think Klein blew the penalty as a relfex because his teeny tiny little mind couldn't comprehend what was going on. :mrgreen:
Read the rule Underdog, it was a voluntary tackle because Robson was in the ruck. If Robson hadn't been in the ruck, so long as Moses got back to his feet it wouldn't have been a voluntary tackle.

I hate Klein but it was the correct decision based on the rules.

underdog
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by underdog » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 2:32 pm

southerntiger wrote:
underdog wrote:Klein didn't penalise for voluntary tackle - he penalised saying Robson was in the ruck at dummy half.

Read the rule Underdog, it was a voluntary tackle because Robson was in the ruck. If Robson hadn't been in the ruck, so long as Moses got back to his feet it wouldn't have been a voluntary tackle.

I read the rule, I completely understand the rule, I'm not commenting on the rule, I'm commenting on what i saw Klein penalise Moses for.

For the record I think it was the right decision despite my tongue in cheek description of Kleins teeny tiny mind. :D

southerntiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Unread post by southerntiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 2:43 pm

underdog wrote:
southerntiger wrote:

I read the rule, I completely understand the rule, I'm not commenting on the rule, I'm commenting on what i saw Klein penalise Moses for.

For the record I think it was the right decision despite my tongue in cheek description of Kleins teeny tiny mind. :D
But thats what he penalised him for. Klein said he was penalised because there was a dummy half. The exact thing the rule says.

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 14 times

Unread post by Milky » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 2:45 pm

So was the reff right or wrong?

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 6:39 pm

There was no way that Robson was at dh. However, I believe that Robson was interfered with by a WT player when trying to get to the play the ball.

So the ref. got it right in awarding a penalty, but it should have been for the interference (offside) not against Moses.

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 9:55 am

saundo1982 wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
I'm with Saundo, Klein blew the penalty the moment Moses landed on the footy, didn't even give the kid a chance to get to his feet.

And as for Robson, he was way out of the ruck, looking at his own players. Siro makes the tackle and rolls out of the ruck a good few metres, it's hardly his fault that Robson is not looking at where the play the ball is.

For mine Moses was gesticulating that he was square, because he though Klein pinged him for that and not the diving on the ball.

Because if he really did rule voluntary tackle, make that the first in recent memory and super technical - as saundo said what about grubbers, loose balls, rescuing bad offloads etc.
Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (104.07 KiB) Viewed 468 times

prattenpark

Unread post by prattenpark » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 11:57 am

Spot on

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by MacDougall » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 3:37 pm

Oh well we won

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”