Sironen

MacDougall
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Sironen

Unread post by MacDougall » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:18 pm

innsaneink wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Oh you were referring to Sue and Lawrence my bad. Well yeah Lovett is also older than Sironen.

People forget he's still developing. The kid was a half and is playing backrow in the NRL now. Not everyone is Wade Graham. He's coming along alright, but now with Aloiai, Lovett, Liolevave, Fine etc. below him the pressure is on to earn his spot.
This tired old excuse is wearing thin these days
He played halves, he didn't have to learn toughness, he was a half. Now he's learning toughness. He's got boatloads of skill, the toughness is the issue imo. Maybe he'll never get tough enough.

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:20 pm

I thought there was a hint of a Shepard in Lawrence miss in johnson

larrycorowa

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:24 pm

He is tough enough, desire might be an issue, but inexperience is still the dominant factor. He has only played 58 games and I'd say that 30% were at 6.

Mighty Tiger

Unread post by Mighty Tiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:25 pm

One hand the team cop it for throwing the ball around the other they cop it if they didn't

It's game 1, Sirro topped the tackle count (that in its self is something to note as previously he isn't in the top 5), ran his line, scored a try and in the 2nd half he wasn't the only one who through bad balls, Sue, Kev, Moses also had these "brain explosions"

king sirro
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:41 pm

Littlejohn missed Johnson not Lawrence, although Lawrence needed to push across more but was slightly impeded
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 2:55 pm

One poor pass, yeah fair enough, but the other was on the last just out from their line on a play that he should not have received the ball in the first place. Sure, he could have died with it in good field position, but it is harsh to castigate him for that pass. I thought he had a good game overall, which his stats back up.

Adamtiger1

Unread post by Adamtiger1 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 3:46 pm

Everyone who is having a whinge about sirionen and even Lawrence are joking arnt they? Round 1 both played big minutes, sirionen tackled his ring out and scored a try and Lawrence not so effective in his tackle count made 100+ meters and set up a try(or scored I forgot). Everyone in the team had a hot first half and cold second half but overall with sue and minus the errors are back row looked promising and should really build and improve this year

rex2ce
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by rex2ce » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 4:03 pm

Let's just relax in the fact that we won, 8 other teams are doing worse than us.dont believe that the coach will change anyone other than Brooks this week

strrretch

Unread post by strrretch » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 4:37 pm

innsaneink wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Oh you were referring to Sue and Lawrence my bad. Well yeah Lovett is also older than Sironen.

People forget he's still developing. The kid was a half and is playing backrow in the NRL now. Not everyone is Wade Graham. He's coming along alright, but now with Aloiai, Lovett, Liolevave, Fine etc. below him the pressure is on to earn his spot.
This tired old excuse is wearing thin these days
The team wins against expectations, the guy tops the tackle count, most of the game he shows some heart, but still that is not enough to give him a break?

I suppose if Sironen is replaced and the replacements do no better, all that will be achieved is that the knockers on this site will have someone else to point their stinking finger at and have someone else to endlessly whinge about.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 139 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 5:30 pm

You forgot to neg rep me strrreeetch

willow
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by willow » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 5:49 pm

I wasn't happy as soon as he threw those passes, if you're going to flick it out the back, make sure you have a team mate there to capitalise. I think it was more a case of the side throwing the ball around too much in the second half expecting the points to come easy. We got a big fright in the end.

I did like Sirro's work in defence, topped the tackle count for the first time in his career I reckon. It's round 1 though, everyone will improve, including Sirro.

krayola
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by krayola » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 6:44 pm

Let's look at it this way:

He's not overpaid. He's still in his early 20s. He's gotten bigger every season. He's gotten better defensively each season. He's given more consistent effort and has now topped the tackle count of a game.

And who has he kept out of the side? Fine? Akuola? Funaki? Liolevave? Fiagatusa? Who should he have ever been dropped for?

Sully

Unread post by Sully » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 7:09 pm

I thought the team showed promise and potential as a whole. I think he struggled :roll in the heat, I know I did and I was in the stands.

He needs to judge his passes and the positive is that I have seen him throw great passes and offloads in his junior and brief NRL career.

I am just happy to win and can't wait to get to Leichhardt next Monday.

I would be more worried if I was a Warriors supporter as RTS looked slow and unfit.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 145 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by formerguest » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 7:09 pm

krayola wrote:Let's look at it this way:

He's not overpaid. He's still in his early 20s. He's gotten bigger every season. He's gotten better defensively each season. He's given more consistent effort and has now topped the tackle count of a game.

And who has he kept out of the side? Fine? Akuola? Funaki? Liolevave? Fiagatusa? Who should he have ever been dropped for?
The ultimate paragraph says it all really.

Sully

Unread post by Sully » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 7:10 pm

Rolling laugh was a typo

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:36 pm

tiga4eva wrote:We were cruising at 28-4 when he flicked a loose pass on tackle 2,when we were on attack. Warriors march downfield and Mannering scores. 5mins later repeats the above and Sheck streaks away and they score off the next tackle. My points are

A) should he have been hooked?
B) how long do we wait for his "potential"
C) will Aloiai and Lovett surpass him,because Sue and Lawrence have
Wow.
Thought he was excellent.

The 2 moments you mention.

He through a two handed standing pass. Not considered risky, unfortunately Moses gave up on the play early and turned his back and moved away from the ball.

The second one was last tackle.

He also scored the first try with a super line, got through a lot of defense , and was super effective in defense.

He carried strongly and got quick PTB regularly.

Sabre
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Unread post by Sabre » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:46 pm

I'd take Siro ahead of Lovett any day.

pHyR3

Unread post by pHyR3 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:53 pm

MacDougall wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:We were cruising at 28-4 when he flicked a loose pass on tackle 2,when we were on attack. Warriors march downfield and Mannering scores. 5mins later repeats the above and Sheck streaks away and they score off the next tackle. My points are

A) should he have been hooked?
no
B) how long do we wait for his "potential"
till the end of this year
C) will Aloiai and Lovett surpass him,because Sue and Lawrence have
both are older than him - unfair comparison
Lovett is but Aloiai is younger.
was talking about sue/lawrence

no way aloiai is better than sironen yet. he's played a game
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”