Sironen

doublesonthemain

Re: Sironen

Unread post by doublesonthemain » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:53 pm

MacDougall wrote:Oh you were referring to Sue and Lawrence my bad. Well yeah Lovett is also older than Sironen.

People forget he's still developing. The kid was a half and is playing backrow in the NRL now. Not everyone is Wade Graham. He's coming along alright, but now with Aloiai, Lovett, Liolevave, Fine etc. below him the pressure is on to earn his spot.
I think Wade Graham was not an instant hit in the back row. Took him a season or two to really get used to things. I think a lot of Tigers fans have high expectations of Sirro because of the name he carries and what pundits like Gordon Tallis have said about him. In my opinion he will be very important in his role as Moses & Brooks progress in their development as well. It's still taking time but it will get there.

Bengal Tiger
Has liked: 3 times

Unread post by Bengal Tiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 8:58 pm

Im a Siro critic, but i thought he had a very strong game. A far better improvement than last year, very solid in defense. Not won over yet but i hope he really kicks on and becomes that damaging back rower we need.

larrycorowa
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by larrycorowa » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 9:05 pm

Another of our players if By the end of the year if he realises his potential We could make the eight.

That's why I laughed at people saying we will run last because the bulk of our squad is on the improve.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 8:27 am

I'll have another look at Sirro's game once the FoxGo app puts the game up online. But while the game was on live a thought Sirro played strong. As did all our forwards. He was willing and I thought he played better than the Warriors backrowers, which are very experienced players. His ball running was good and he defended his edge really well.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 204 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 8:46 am

I can't say too much cos my vantage point at the game absolutely sucked. Was impossible to analyse anyone's individual performance. The only thing i will contribute is when people make excuses about him having played his junior career in the halves. Ok, but he made his debut in 2012, and has predominantly played back row the whole time, if he's the pure footballer so many claim he is, then he should have adapted by now. He's almost 23, the age where potential begins to be reached. Idk how long people can continue to make excuses for him tbh.

Boonboon2
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by Boonboon2 » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 9:14 am

57 games, only 32 have been in the second row - so just over a full season in the back row in his whole life.

Thought he played well yesterday and when you have a ball playing backrower you are menat to be trailing for offloads near the line so I think a great deal of the blame is on the blokes around him. Also the fact the Warriors then went 80 meters indicates the blokes around him not the bloke on the ground being the issue.

Was great in defence, scored a try, ran hard when he got the ball despite not really getting it in great positions ( he seems to only get the ball at the line )

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 9:19 am

Troll crap? Bit sensitive aren't we strreettch. But feel free to reply to this via neg instead of posting

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 9:35 am

I think OP has a point - one flick pass is ok when you are ahead, but when the momentum of the game changes, another speculator is stupid football. Yes Sue did it as well and both of them deserve criticism for turning the ball over.

One might say that Siro at least was chancing his hand at the try line, but the point is he made the same mistake some 5 mins earlier and did not learn from it. Footballers not learning from their mistakes is crucial.

If Tigers had held the footy one of those sets, maybe got a repeat, we could have snuffed out the Warriors' momentum before they got within 2 points. As it was, the Warriors themselves lost the plot with late dropped ball and Littlejohn put in a nice in-goal kick.

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 9:39 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:I can't say too much cos my vantage point at the game absolutely sucked. Was impossible to analyse anyone's individual performance. The only thing i will contribute is when people make excuses about him having played his junior career in the halves. Ok, but he made his debut in 2012, and has predominantly played back row the whole time, if he's the pure footballer so many claim he is, then he should have adapted by now. He's almost 23, the age where potential begins to be reached. Idk how long people can continue to make excuses for him tbh.
No excuse needed for the performance on the weekend.

Was very strong.

Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by Masterton » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 10:07 am

Geebs, we've had 12 months of complaint about Taylorball, then we want to bench a player for chancing his arm in an attacking position in round 1.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 10:29 am

Boonboon2 wrote:57 games, only 32 have been in the second row - so just over a full season in the back row in his whole life.

Thought he played well yesterday and when you have a ball playing backrower you are menat to be trailing for offloads near the line so I think a great deal of the blame is on the blokes around him. Also the fact the Warriors then went 80 meters indicates the blokes around him not the bloke on the ground being the issue.

Was great in defence, scored a try, ran hard when he got the ball despite not really getting it in great positions ( he seems to only get the ball at the line )
Absolutely spot on = especially when he gets the ball.

This is just Tall Poppy - unfortunately he gets it but his old man is the TP.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 10:47 am

in terms of the NRL Fantasy Football scoring Sirro scored the same amount of points as Taupau (54) yet he costs half the money to buy.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Goose

Unread post by Goose » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 12:10 pm

jirskyr wrote:I think OP has a point - one flick pass is ok when you are ahead, but when the momentum of the game changes, another speculator is stupid football. Yes Sue did it as well and both of them deserve criticism for turning the ball over.

One might say that Siro at least was chancing his hand at the try line, but the point is he made the same mistake some 5 mins earlier and did not learn from it. Footballers not learning from their mistakes is crucial.

If Tigers had held the footy one of those sets, maybe got a repeat, we could have snuffed out the Warriors' momentum before they got within 2 points. As it was, the Warriors themselves lost the plot with late dropped ball and Littlejohn put in a nice in-goal kick.
The second was one was on the last tackle. If he died with the ball on the tackle they would be saying why did he didnt he offload it.

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 26 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 12:10 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:57 games, only 32 have been in the second row - so just over a full season in the back row in his whole life.

Watched the game again today and he did have a good game in defence. The rest of your posting is utter crap!

You are blaming other players for his stuff up? He not only did it once, he did it twice!!!

You do not throw a speculator pass when you are 24 points ahead and 10 out from the Warriors tryline. Take the tackle you dope. Even if it was the last tackle, you have them pinned down on their tryline 90 meters away from scoring.

Bad enough once but twice??

Anyway, apart from the above I thought he had a reasonable game.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 12:12 pm

Tigerdon wrote:in terms of the NRL Fantasy Football scoring Sirro scored the same amount of points as Taupau (54) yet he costs half the money to buy.
Siro's 54 includes a try. Take that away and he's mid 30's.

Demps
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Demps » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 12:27 pm

Sirro played well - but he defo needs to continue to play well to prove his worth.
He's been mediocre for years.

Keep an eye on him GNR,
Hopefully he continues to improve.

He has the ability

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 12:35 pm

In the past he has never really had to do much to get picked each week simply because he had very little completion behind him, things have changed in 2016 as there is a que starting to line up for a crack at a back row gig.

happy tiger
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 12:40 pm

Russell wrote:You can't blame Rowdy for being stepped by Johnson, Teddy was also stepped by him (no mention of that!). The play went more Siro's side than Rowdy so hence more tackles.

Siro is partly there to offload and other people need to learn to back him up.

Think it is a bit much to have a go at either of them to be honest.
Teddy had no chance , one on one with Johnson with the entire field at his mercy

Return to “Round 1: Wests Tigers vs New Zealand Warriors”