Sironen

tiga4eva

Sironen

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:12 am

We were cruising at 28-4 when he flicked a loose pass on tackle 2,when we were on attack. Warriors march downfield and Mannering scores. 5mins later repeats the above and Sheck streaks away and they score off the next tackle. My points are

A) should he have been hooked?
B) how long do we wait for his "potential"
C) will Aloiai and Lovett surpass him,because Sue and Lawrence have

Post by 851 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:16 am

Sue also threw a stupid pass that they scored off, but I tske your point
Go hard or go home

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:20 am

851 wrote:Sue also threw a stupid pass that they scored off, but I tske your point
Agree mate, Sue's pass was just as poor.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:24 am

the pass was on - moses just wasnt there to capitalise
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:24 am

We were playing throw the ball around, he did. I think that he showed a bit. I'd like to see him run the ball a bit harder is all.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:25 am

tiga4eva wrote:We were cruising at 28-4 when he flicked a loose pass on tackle 2,when we were on attack. Warriors march downfield and Mannering scores. 5mins later repeats the above and Sheck streaks away and they score off the next tackle. My points are

no
till the end of this year
both are older than him - unfair comparison
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:33 am

pHyR3 wrote:
tiga4eva wrote:We were cruising at 28-4 when he flicked a loose pass on tackle 2,when we were on attack. Warriors march downfield and Mannering scores. 5mins later repeats the above and Sheck streaks away and they score off the next tackle. My points are

no
till the end of this year
both are older than him - unfair comparison
Lovett is but Aloiai is younger.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 11:35 am

Oh you were referring to Sue and Lawrence my bad. Well yeah Lovett is also older than Sironen.

People forget he's still developing. The kid was a half and is playing backrow in the NRL now. Not everyone is Wade Graham. He's coming along alright, but now with Aloiai, Lovett, Liolevave, Fine etc. below him the pressure is on to earn his spot.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 12:14 pm

I have been quite supportive of Sironen over the last couple of years. As a really young player starting in an NRL pack is no easy task. I still think he could be a potential rep player down the track. He did a few good things yesterday.

I saw2 brain explosion no look passes. However that is not the main issue. After throwing the 2nd intercept he layed on the ground feeling sorry for himself. Several Tigers sprinted back 90 metres to try and salvage something. It was all to no avail however all Siro could do was loaf back feeling sorry for himself about 60 yards away from play.

I also noticed Manu wind right up once and Siro didn't want anything to do with it. Now i was at the ground and have not seen it on TV so maybe i read it wrong. However it semed 2 other smaller players went right in and had a right crack at him and Sirro stood and watched.

Those 2 types of plays I think is what frustrates the fans a bit. Might be a bit harsh but the old built like tarzan plays like Jane. Well I thought it applied twice yesterday

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 12:18 pm

Sorry did not see the previous Sirro thread

please merge.

Post by 2041 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 12:27 pm

I thought Sironen was good yesterday. Better first half than second, but who wasn't? He threw a couple of silly passes but everyone had a crack at that second half - and I'd say both Naiqama's (cost an almost certain try by passing to Robson) and Sue's (undid a really good, and vital, pressure relieving set out of defence) cost us more.

The reality is if the Tigers are going to play this sort of football there will be passes and plays that look terrible. As it happens, yesterday almost everything they did in the first half came off and almost nothing they did in the second half did.

Frankly you'd take Sironen's stats from yesterday in a heartbeat. 10 runs for 67m, 39 tackles (most in the team) and none missed, a line break and a try. It seems there are some people on here who just can't have the guy, but I was extremely encouraged by what I saw yesterday in terms of how he can work in the side this season.

Incidentally, here's Sironen's numbers from yesterday against Lawrence, about whom everyone seems to be raving. Sironen/Lawrence:

Minutes 71/80
Runs 10/11
Metres 67/102
Tackles 39/20
Missed tackles 0/3

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 12:31 pm

Good post. Highlights reveal Lawrence missed the tackle on Johnson which resulted in a very easy try. Amazing how Sironen attracts negative comments yet Lawrence skates on what was a very ordinary defence.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 12:52 pm

I thought he was good but he shouldn't have thrown the ball away. I do think he can have a really big year this year.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:03 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:Good post. Highlights reveal Lawrence missed the tackle on Johnson which resulted in a very easy try. Amazing how Sironen attracts negative comments yet Lawrence skates on what was a very ordinary defence.
He was stepped by Shaun Johnson. Everybody gets stepped by Shaun Johnson. And tbh I thought that was more Littlejohn.

Post by 2041 » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:07 pm

MacDougall wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:Good post. Highlights reveal Lawrence missed the tackle on Johnson which resulted in a very easy try. Amazing how Sironen attracts negative comments yet Lawrence skates on what was a very ordinary defence.
He was stepped by Shaun Johnson. Everybody gets stepped by Shaun Johnson. And tbh I thought that was more Littlejohn.
I don't think the original post was criticising Lawrence - more saying that if it had been Sironen rather than Lawrence getting stepped there you could bet there would be a queue of people coming on here to have a crack at Sironen's defence, effort, haircut, etc.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:12 pm

MacDougall wrote:Oh you were referring to Sue and Lawrence my bad. Well yeah Lovett is also older than Sironen.

People forget he's still developing. The kid was a half and is playing backrow in the NRL now. Not everyone is Wade Graham. He's coming along alright, but now with Aloiai, Lovett, Liolevave, Fine etc. below him the pressure is on to earn his spot.
This tired old excuse is wearing thin these days

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:14 pm

I thought Sironen played well. Always attractsncriticism. Not sure why. He did a mountain of defence yesterday...

Just like Lovett with criticism. Unfounded i think. Lovett lacks natural talent but always has a crack with effort.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 06 Mar, 2016 1:14 pm

You can't blame Rowdy for being stepped by Johnson, Teddy was also stepped by him (no mention of that!). The play went more Siro's side than Rowdy so hence more tackles.

Siro is partly there to offload and other people need to learn to back him up.

Think it is a bit much to have a go at either of them to be honest.