Goalkicking....

Post Reply
TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5496
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Goalkicking....

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 6:44 pm

I noticed that Moses is our preferred goalkicker and he had a great day...I also heard he has a niggling groin injury that he appears to have under control if not completely healed..
I envisage that all being well he will have the duties every game...the reason for this thread is that if Mitch does get injured or his groin injury reocuurs I presume Rankin will take on the role...I was the preferred goalkicker when I played schoolboy rugby and then I was second string kicker when I converted to league...why I'm saying this is that every week I practiced goalkicking for hours in my spare time and after training,it is something you have to do to have good percentages...my main question is,if we go into every game and something does happen to Mitch,do we have a backup kicker if Jorden is not in the team or bench ???
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D


User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 6:46 pm

Simona, Brooks or Farah

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5496
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 6:50 pm

Milky wrote:Simona, Brooks or Farah
Have those three got good percentages Milkster,or do they just kick and hope...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5343
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 6:51 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Milky wrote:Simona, Brooks or Farah
Have those three got good percentages Milkster,or do they just kick and hope...
Not the worst, even Sironen has a pretty good rate.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5496
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 6:55 pm

Milky wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Milky wrote:Simona, Brooks or Farah
Have those three got good percentages Milkster,or do they just kick and hope...
Not the worst, even Sironen has a pretty good rate.

Cheers Milk,its good to know we have good backup if things go wrong,as you know kicking a goal can be the difference between winning and losing..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D


Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5541
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 6:56 pm

Milky wrote:Simona, Brooks or Farah
I don't know why Simona's name gets thrown up as a goalkicking option...if his form for Samoa is any indication then he would be 17th string kicker for us-he couldn't hit the side of a barn in the World Cup and missed shots at goal by 20 feet IIRC. Put Woods and Tim Grant before him in the queue.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5155
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 7:17 pm

Simona, Brooks and Farah are not kickers bootlaces.

We need a better back up kicker than them or we will lose a lot of games.

I know half the people on here for some reason want to get rid of Rankin - we will be in trouble if the three above are the best we have. Simona on his Samoa form is hopeless and the other two may be ok up to 25 metres and that would be a stretch.

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 7:31 pm

Russell wrote:Simona, Brooks and Farah are not kickers bootlaces.

We need a better back up kicker than them or we will lose a lot of games.

I know half the people on here for some reason want to get rid of Rankin - we will be in trouble if the three above are the best we have. Simona on his Samoa form is hopeless and the other two may be ok up to 25 metres and that would be a stretch.
Apparently Tedesco is an accomplished goal kicker ?
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41138
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 7:44 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
Russell wrote:Simona, Brooks and Farah are not kickers bootlaces.

We need a better back up kicker than them or we will lose a lot of games.

I know half the people on here for some reason want to get rid of Rankin - we will be in trouble if the three above are the best we have. Simona on his Samoa form is hopeless and the other two may be ok up to 25 metres and that would be a stretch.
Apparently Tedesco is an accomplished goal kicker ?
You should go down and work with them Hobbo :D

See Spurs finally scored :lol:

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 7:51 pm

happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Russell wrote:Simona, Brooks and Farah are not kickers bootlaces.

We need a better back up kicker than them or we will lose a lot of games.

I know half the people on here for some reason want to get rid of Rankin - we will be in trouble if the three above are the best we have. Simona on his Samoa form is hopeless and the other two may be ok up to 25 metres and that would be a stretch.
Apparently Tedesco is an accomplished goal kicker ?
You should go down and work with them Hobbo :D

See Spurs finally scored :lol:
Good to know you were watching , you are a closet Spurs supporter :D
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41138
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 7:59 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:
Russell wrote:Simona, Brooks and Farah are not kickers bootlaces.

We need a better back up kicker than them or we will lose a lot of games.

I know half the people on here for some reason want to get rid of Rankin - we will be in trouble if the three above are the best we have. Simona on his Samoa form is hopeless and the other two may be ok up to 25 metres and that would be a stretch.
Apparently Tedesco is an accomplished goal kicker ?
You should go down and work with them Hobbo :D

See Spurs finally scored :lol:
Good to know you were watching , you are a closet Spurs supporter :D
Moses got from 5/6 and people want to dump him

Why is the same theme coming up

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5496
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 8:11 pm

Happy as much as I love your input...who the hell said anything about dumping Moses as kicker...read my initial post and see if I said anything about DUMPING Moses..I asked if we have an accomplished backup kicker..last year Pat had Moses..what have we this year..I thought it was a fair question as it is important that we do have a good kicker to fall back on..it could mean the difference between winning and losing...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41138
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 07 Mar, 2016 8:27 pm

TrueTiger wrote:Happy as much as I love your input...who the hell said anything about dumping Moses as kicker...read my initial post and see if I said anything about DUMPING Moses..I asked if we have an accomplished backup kicker..last year Pat had Moses..what have we this year..I thought it was a fair question as it is important that we do have a good kicker to fall back on..it could mean the difference between winning and losing...
Breathe brother

Not aimed at you

ricksen
Member
Member
Posts: 1842
Joined: Fri 17 Jul, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by ricksen » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:09 am

Cross that bridge when we come to it. If we're down to our 3rd/4th choice goalkicker, the goals themselves will probably be the least of our worries.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:15 am

ricksen wrote:Cross that bridge when we come to it. If we're down to our 3rd/4th choice goalkicker, the goals themselves will probably be the least of our worries.
Spot on Ricksen. Let's hope that doesn't happen anytime soon.

Balmain Boy
Member
Member
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 10:01 am

Gez, how many clubs have 3 accomplished goal kickers in their 17? Not many, if any.

If your goalkicker goes down then yes chances are you're backup will struggle a bit. Rankin, Hunt or Brooks would probably get the gig, not sure if Teddy can kick too but wouldn't surprise me.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18130
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 10:17 am

Groin can't be too much of a problem if he's slotted 5/6.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Post Reply