TAUPAU...

jirskyr

Re: TAUPAU...

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:22 am

I thought he was well contained in the opening 20, but to his credit he kept at it all night and produced big plays for Manly later on. In fact probably the only Manly player to consistently give us any trouble.

He didn't appear to be subbed out the whole game? From where I was sitting he seemed to be close to 80 mins on. I did not think he had that kind of game time in him.

But as others have noted, he also spend a fair amount of time bludging out wide. On replay I also noticed a fair number of missed tackles, struggling laterally to clean up the little guys.

All in all I thought he was one of Manly's best however.

Real question for big Marty is can he keep his energy up for every game, not just the ones where he has a personal vendetta.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:35 am

A bit of Nelson Muntz going on in that pic.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 10:00 am

Hot and cold. A game breaker but unreliable when things get tough seemingly. His runs are so explosive. Its great to watch. But equally great is seeing Nofo and Kev belt him. I think I noticed he and Moses having a few words a few minutes after their little alteraction. All good out there on the field. Martys alright.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 10:08 am

I thought he was terrific for them.

Very dynamic, he made 2 big breaks that got them going massively, and then scored a good individual try. He busted 20 tackles.

Marty is not in the team to cruch out big metres 1 off the ruck and to work his but off in the middle. They have others to do that.

His go is to be dynamic, and make big plays and did just that. He will get a big tick from the coach on his report card.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 10:48 am

It was an erratic game for him. He made the big runs but his defence was also to blame for at least 3 of the tries we scored. Rocks and diamonds.

Is it worth having the barnstorming forward in attack out wide and a deer in the headlights in defence, for 700k or whatever they're paying him? They'll have to figure out how to hide him in defence up the middle but still not be light on out wide.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:33 pm

Haha loved seeing Moses go at him. He has 30kg on Moses and still the kid had a go. Good yakka.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:47 pm

WestsSupporter wrote:Haha loved seeing Moses go at him. He has 30kg on Moses and still the kid had a go. Good yakka.
Thats not a first for Moses either, He has heart Ill give him that.

I still wish Marty was in our Team, Good on and off the field. I am good with the decision to let him go though.

That Try he score was awesome (even if the Defense was feeble).

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:53 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
WestsSupporter wrote:Haha loved seeing Moses go at him. He has 30kg on Moses and still the kid had a go. Good yakka.
Thats not a first for Moses either, He has heart Ill give him that.

I still wish Marty was in our Team, Good on and off the field. I am good with the decision to let him go though.

That Try he score was awesome (even if the Defense was feeble).
Wish he was still around too. But I did notice he lingered around on the wing for 30 minutes in the second half (grandstand end) doing nothing.

Chevy

Post by Chevy » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 1:30 pm

I always liked Marty,he was the only one in their pack that caused us trouble last night yet i dont think we could of afforded to keep both Marty and Sirro in the same pack due to their lack of work rate,both have a tendency to go missing.Good luck to him anyway he may need it ...!

ricksen

Post by ricksen » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 1:54 pm

As per comments above, we really got to him for the first 20-30, but then he was pretty much their best (albeit in a disappointing side). Annoying that we allowed him so many free runs at Moses - Lovett really needs to do better in that sense.
His try was a disappointing one to give up, but he gave it back to us a few mins later in letting Teddy jog around him.
He played 80 mins, which I assume is a first for him.
I'm still really disappointed that we decided to let him go a year early tbh.
Last edited by ricksen on Tue 15 Mar, 2016 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 1:55 pm

There were, and are flaws in Marty's game but I think he was the only thing keeping them in it last night. If he is not on the field they really didnt trouble us that much any where else.
Great centre pairing that Lyons and Matai have been - age, and speed of the opposition is catching up with them. Not sure how they are going to combat this year.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:25 pm

Marty showed last night what he is capable of with several devastating runs whilst also missing several tackles, dropping the ball, going missing for periods of the game etc etc. He seems to drift in and drift out of games, imagine what he could do if he had Sam Burgess motor and fierce determination to compete every single moment that he is on the field whether he is on or off the ball.

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 9:46 am

hobbo2803 wrote:
pHyR3 wrote:
hobbo2803 wrote:I bet he regrets leaving us :lol:

But yeah he was good tonight .
i wouldnt if i were him

hear manly get paid this thursday - i wouldnt mind banking 25k on one paycheque
I was referring to Manly's loss , not what coin he's on .
yea i know - but doubt he regrets leaving us just yet
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 11:27 am

ricksen wrote:As per comments above, we really got to him for the first 20-30, but then he was pretty much their best (albeit in a disappointing side). Annoying that we allowed him so many free runs at Moses - Lovett really needs to do better in that sense.
His try was a disappointing one to give up, but he gave it back to us a few mins later in letting Teddy jog around him.
He played 80 mins, which I assume is a first for him.
I'm still really disappointed that we decided to let him go a year early tbh.
And 60 mins last week.
Either of which would have been impossible for him last year.
It looks like whatever he's doing at training is starting to work.
I have a feeling that by halfway through this season, he'll be a much better footballer.
It's going to take time fo be accustomed to the much longer time that he has to handle now, but so far he's doing well, For all the nit picking about his game on Monday, the fact remains that he is much improved on last year.
I love seeing him play and would welcome him back anytime.
Handled correctly, he will only improve as his fitness gets better.
I just hope he has an off day when he plays us next time

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 Mar, 2016 12:22 pm

His early season GF ,riding on adrenaline , lets see what happens for the next month