TAUPAU...

Nors05

Re: TAUPAU...

Post by Nors05 » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 1:17 am

Sironen needs to target Walker all day. I like what I saw from Sironen against the Warriors so I'd like to see Siro smash Walker and completely s*** him up.

What we need to be careful of is Lyons and Matai. Our forward back is better than theirs but they will spread it wide and run laps around us if we are not careful. Simona and Naiqama will have their work cut out for them.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 6:34 am

Simons and Kev should have Matai and Lyon covered. I think this is the least of our problems. Win the ruck and we win the game.

I would be playing a very direct game and take it to them through our forward pack. Warriors didn't want anything to do with woods when he began to run hard and straight.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 8:44 am

Russta wrote:I'd love to see him get cut in half. :D
Sue will sit him on his arse if he runs at him.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 8:48 am

Remember the ambush at LO last year. Everyone (media) was saying we ambushed Manly. Personally I thought Woods , Sue and Taupau were all on fire at the same time and we steamrolled them through the middle, when they were excepting us to throw it wide. A guess it was kinda like an ambush. They have a new coach who has put a lot of experienced players in SC and our SC team beat them well. Taupau I think we know Taupau's game better than he knows WTs game.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 9:01 am

Similar to last week, this is a good time to take on a re-building Manly side. A side with a bunch of new players. Again worth a punt on the tigers.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 9:22 am

I guarantee Manly will shift Walker away from 5/8 by Rd 6. He just isn't up to it.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 9:38 am

jirskyr wrote:I guarantee Manly will shift Walker away from 5/8 by Rd 6. He just isn't up to it.
Where does he go? They've got two quality centres.

Swap Lyon into 5/8? They've paid big money for him, they won't sit Walker out.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 10:01 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
jirskyr wrote:I guarantee Manly will shift Walker away from 5/8 by Rd 6. He just isn't up to it.

What about the Moltz ??

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 10:15 am

He's their star NSW cup signing, can't move him.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 11:02 am

stevetiger wrote:I rate him. He can turn a game. Hopefully we contain him.
Yep. He's awesome. Wish he was still in our colours.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 11:03 am

happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

What about the Moltz ??
...Moltz injured his hand
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:15 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

What about the Moltz ??
...Moltz injured his hand
Probably an RSI from signalling the bench or handing the ball off to a winger for kick returns

Gotta love the Moltz .... the gift that just keeps on giving

Ooopps sorry CK :D

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 12:49 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:

Not my problem, hey. I don't know what they have halves-wise in the lower grades, so it might have to be Lyon.

But I cannot see a team winning well with Walker at 5/8th, he absolutely stifles the backline; his passing and kicking game are totally sub-par and he doesn't take the line on hard.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 1:06 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Not my problem, hey. I don't know what they have halves-wise in the lower grades, so it might have to be Lyon.

But I cannot see a team winning well with Walker at 5/8th, he absolutely stifles the backline; his passing and kicking game are totally sub-par and he doesn't take the line on hard.
I reckon they'll have to persist with him there, I still think Matai and Lyon are close to, if not the best, centres pairing out there. They'd be mad to move either.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 4:25 pm

Nors05 wrote: I'd like to see Siro smash Walker and completely s*** him up.
And if Sirro does that he will have a new nickname: Stillnox.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 7:42 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:It would be good to see 1 or 2 of our forwards bait him, he's dumb enough to take the bait and do something stupid.... Might be able to suck a few penalties out of him
^^^^ this ^^^^
Pull his hair , give him the cut throat jesture .
As above .. Bait him , he's all Braun and no brains .
I reckon this is the right idea too. Get under his skin early and the gift penalties will come.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Tue 08 Mar, 2016 10:32 pm

Anyone remember Rowdy putting Fui Fui on his backside when he played for Australia a few years back? Would love to see him do the same to Taupau on Monday night.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Sat 12 Mar, 2016 11:20 am

Wests Tigers bracing for Manly's Martin Taupau

Jason Taylor knows what to expect from Wests Tigers reject Martin Taupau on Monday night, but is less certain about what else - or who else - Manly will throw at his side at Leichhardt Oval.

Taupau will line up against his old NRL club for the first time since the Tigers let the New Zealand international go with a year remaining on his contract.

Amid almost inevitable speculation that Taupau fell out with Taylor, the official line from the Tigers remains they released the destructive forward to ease salary-cap constraints.

The release came after Taupau made it clear to the Tigers he intended on leaving the club once his contract expired.

Either way, Manly were happy to add an enforcer to their depleted forward stocks and Taupau will doubtless have a point to prove against his former teammates.

"I'm pretty sure he'll be pretty pumped up," said Tigers halfback Luke Brooks.

"Especially after last week; they obviously didn't have their best game (in a 28-6 loss to Canterbury).

"So it's going to be a tough match. He obviously loves playing here at Leichhardt. It'll be for the opposite team so I don't know how the fans will treat him, but he'll be pumped up."

Taylor is bracing for "a lot of aggression" from Taupau.

"That's what he plays with and what we're expecting," he said.

"Interesting that he's been named in the back row. I'm not sure that he's played there very often in the past.

"So that'll be a change for him."

Taylor suspects Manly counterpart Trent Barrett may also tinker with the side he named on Tuesday, despite the Sea Eagles coach claiming on Friday that star fullback Brett Stewart definitely wouldn't play - and may not for several weeks as he recovers from his nagging hamstring injury.

"I imagine Brett Stewart's pushing to play there somewhere, so we'll see what their team is an hour before kick-off," Taylor said.

"But the one that's been named is certainly one that we're wary of at this stage.

"But it's really hard to predict how they're going to play. There's a number of changes to their team and obviously they wouldn't be comfortable with the way things went last week.

"So we're expecting a really strong performance from them and a really aggressive performance.

"The Bulldogs probably showed them the way to play last week and I think they'll take a fair bit of inspiration out of that and say we've got to be ready."

"They will play with I'm sure a lot more commitment and a lot more energy right from the start."

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... nh8ix.html
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."