Im Tipping We Will Win

Telltails

Re: Im Tipping We Will Win

Post by Telltails » Wed 09 Mar, 2016 8:36 am

Back to back wins were few and far between last year, this week will be a real test. Still unsure - strangely glad its on Monday think that will suit us better.

maxxy86

Post by maxxy86 » Wed 09 Mar, 2016 8:41 am

Tigerdon you should know better, relax and wests tigers don't go together lol...,however if we put in a good month of footy I may be swayed.
Well its nearly time to have a 'CRACK'....Go you :sign:

Nors05

Post by Nors05 » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:52 am

Manly will be a lot more composed than Warriors, but they are still a new team. Manly's greatest strength was always how well drilled they were as a team. They could play basic footy but so damn precise that teams weren't able to stop them. Very similar style to Melbourne imo.
They achieved this largely off the back of a solid team that had played together for a long time. With all the new players they have lost their strike power.

I say we just stick to what we do best. All out, ruthless, unrelenting attack. They will lose confidence very quickly if we pile on points and gift us lots of ball. I'm not saying this is what we should be doing week in week out but we cannot play a defensive game against Manly as they will quite simply out tackle us

Cosimo_Zaretti

Post by Cosimo_Zaretti » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 9:17 am

I'm not saying we've got this in the bag, but a team that missed the finals last year, lost badly in round 1 and have a new halves pairing who can't get out of each other's way yet has no business being backed at $1.40. Manly's a good side on paper, but they want to get organized quick smart or they'll look silly on Monday night

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:13 am

Black'n'White wrote:
supercoach wrote:You can forget last week it's gone, what we produced last week was great but our mob very seldom go back to back and especially against a strong club. Sorry to be negative but it is going to take a few wins before I start thinking we are the real deal. Not saying we can not win but I certainly would not back us either way. We are a work in progress that will have massive form swings from week to week
I have a gut feeling that even though last year was an abject failure, alot was learnt. I dont get the impression Moses is towing the company line when he speaks, he has often mentioned metering his attack even when saying he has been allowed to play what he see's, that he was not happy losing control and not closing out the game well... Jumping in front of Woods in the huddle to make sure the team knew it wasnt good enough post game also worth a mention.

I dont think the swings in form will be as vast as years gone by, and I know it has only been a single game, with a said huge swing in form, but there was a better understanding of the game, and a few more one percenters than normal for it to just be a co-incidence.

I really do think something has shifted.

Let's hope you're right BNW, as i picked them to win. :shock:

Tigermama

Post by Tigermama » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:22 am

Telltails wrote:Back to back wins were few and far between last year, this week will be a real test. Still unsure - strangely glad its on Monday think that will suit us better.
Glad it's on a Monday too Telltails.
It leaves time to heal those aches and pains. :)

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 10:38 am

People forgetting that we have a swag of new players and youngsters as well.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:04 pm

Our biggest issue last year was inconsistency, whether it be playing well for 80 mins or playing well from week to week. We had a great win v the Warriors but again didn't play for the full 80 & were probably a little lucky to get away with the win in the end.

I think we'll be doing well to beat Manly. It's another test for us. Can we play good footy for the full 80? I reckon the addition of Brooks to the team will definitely help.

Go Tigers!!

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:19 pm

Call it an upset , call it lucky
I dont care what it's called its going to be 2 straight wins and we will lift even more if they can get a few wins early as I reckon it will give all players a big lift and motivation to keep winning , it's going to be hard but I think we have enough quality and new mix to upset a fair few this year

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 12:34 pm

In form, at home, dry track, Brooks returning against a team that was trash last week.

We really should win even if they have the class edge. Losing this game would be very bad news for our season prospects imo. I'd have us $1.40 favourites.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 3:38 pm

The forwards will need to show the same commitment we had in the first half against the Warriors, as I believe Manly are a better defensive pack. Just need to play smart and tackle our butts off. Brooks and Moses will spot the opportunities and with Teddy and our back-line we are a chance.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Demps

Post by Demps » Thu 10 Mar, 2016 5:50 pm

Going off each team's round 1 performances
We were def the better of the two.

However - our problem is our standard poor second half.
We need to keep the foot down and not get sloppy.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Sun 13 Mar, 2016 1:52 pm

Expecting a win.
Didn"t like Manlys style last week looked a little lost. They will miss Foran creating space for them.They didn't win many last year without Foran and Stewart.

Reckon it will be a slip up if we loose.