Player stats from tonight

willow

Player stats from tonight

Post by willow » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 9:21 pm

1. Tedesco - 3 tries, 141 metres in attack, 3 linebreaks, 2 line break assists, 1 try assist, 9 tackle breaks, 6 tackles, 1 missed tackle

2. Nofoaluma - 2 tries, 72 metres in attack, 1 line break, 5 tackle breaks, 10 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 2 errors

3. Simona - 59 metres in attack, 11 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 2 errors

4. Naiqama - 1 try, 109 metres in attack, 2 linebreaks, 2 try assists, 4 tackle breaks, 20 tackles, 3 missed tackles

5. Rankin - 1 try, 90 metres in attack, 2 linebreaks, 3 tackles

6. Moses - 9 metres in attack, 4 goals, 3 try assists, 13 tackles, 5 missed tackles, 1 error

7. Brooks - 26 metres in attack, 1 try assist, 12 tackles, 1 missed tackle

8. Woods - 182 metres in attack, 27 tackles, 1 missed tackle

9. Halatau - 37 metres in attack, 15 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error

10. Grant - 133 metres in attack, 25 tackles, 1 missed tackle

11. Sironen - 16 metres in attack, 4 tackles

12. Lawrence - 106 metres in attack, 21 tackles

13. Sue - 104 metres in attack, 19 tackles, 3 missed tackles, 1 error

14. Lovett - 92 metres in attack, 27 tackles, 1 missed tackle

15. Aloiai - 39 metres in attack, 17 tackles, 1 missed tackle, 1 error

16. Seumanufagai - 106 metres in attack, 24 tackles

17. Cherrington - 22 metres in attack, 18 tackles, 2 missed tackles

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 9:32 pm

Our forwards really laid the platform tonight. The forwards ate up the metres and got the backs quick play the balls which really allowed the backs to play at depth and with speed. Great performance tonight. The referring was poor, but I'm glad that the boys just got on with the job and didn't put their heads down. We just need to stop those sneaky tries at the back of the halves because that will cost us against the good sides. I really like what I'm seeing so far in attack and the confidence we will take out of the past 2 weeks will be enormous. Consistency will be key.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:22 pm

Our forwards just need to keep running/hitting hard & keeping the middle tight. We do that & we have enough class in the backline to be in with a good chance in most games.

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:25 pm

Chris Lawrence played really well tonight

I'm surprised Moses only did 9 meters in attack he seemed every where

Good win boys!!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:30 pm

Naiqama stats very impressive - even with three missed tackles. Great game Kevi.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:31 pm

BrissieTiger67 wrote:Chris Lawrence played really well tonight

I'm surprised Moses only did 9 meters in attack he seemed every where

Good win boys!!
Maybe Moses" 9 metres did not include his running backwards - ha ha. I loved how he dummied and helped set up a try. Plus he is doing the goal kicking and yakking with the ref, should be capt one day.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:31 pm

Can't believe Teddy got done for a missed tackle on Taupau when he scored

He did everything bar stop him

Chipofftheoldblock

Post by Chipofftheoldblock » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 2:00 am

I am not a fan of Lovett but give him credit tonight, i thought he was solid apart from his terrible arm grab on Walker for his try.
Grant, Woods, Sue were immense and laid the platform while Laurence just keeps getting better on the edge.
I think Cherrington and Halatau could of taken some good metres from dummy half during the game and it would given their markers something else to think about.
To be honest i keep hearing about the running game of Cherrington but i am yet to see it. Not knocking but just feel there is alot more to come from him which will take some time and confidence as he finds his feet in 1st grade.
While Teddy was outstanding, i really liked how Brooks and Moses controlled the game. These 2 will keep getting better as long as our forwards to their job.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:51 am

I thought rankin was very handy tonight too. Still plenty of room for improvement. A couple of those penalties we were dead stiff....one in particular Lawrence dominant one on one and gets bigger all time to get off his man...anyway

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 4:07 am

The best thing of those stats are the limited number of tackles our halves are making this year... Well Done to the boys inside them!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:28 am

Chipofftheoldblock wrote:I am not a fan of Lovett but give him credit tonight, i thought he was solid apart from his terrible arm grab on Walker for his try.
Grant, Woods, Sue were immense and laid the platform while Laurence just keeps getting better on the edge.
I totally agree. Lovett took a lot of dirty hitups and was thrust into the game early. He fared well in the tackle, not bent back like he was often last year. I was particularly impressed with one run close to the line where he took 3 defenders right up to the posts, and Brenton Lawrence had to come across as 4th man to put him down - didn't think he had that strength in him.

The negative is he is still one of those players that whilst defensively busy, has a howler of a missed tackle in him every match, which often leads directly to tries.

Chris Lawrence was immense. He appeared to be running quite freely and just picked his moments and lines beautifully. His off-ball work was instrumental in the havoc the backline was wreaking.

Woods makes a million metres with 100,000 carries, and that's his job, but I was impressed by the timing and choice of lines taken by Lawrence and Grant. Big Grant impresses me, he has an intelligence to his running decisions beyond just barging it up.

All-around the forwards ran the ball hard and from some depth, the commentators kept praising it.

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 11:46 am

happy tiger wrote:Can't believe Teddy got done for a missed tackle on Taupau when he scored

He did everything bar stop him
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's hillarious.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 11:55 am

I loved how Mitch messed up Taupau's hair during their firey clash. I hope that Mitch does not become intimidated by the big guys from doing his thing
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

doublesonthemain

Post by doublesonthemain » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:01 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Chipofftheoldblock wrote:I am not a fan of Lovett but give him credit tonight, i thought he was solid apart from his terrible arm grab on Walker for his try.
I totally agree. Lovett took a lot of dirty hitups and was thrust into the game early. He fared well in the tackle, not bent back like he was often last year. I was particularly impressed with one run close to the line where he took 3 defenders right up to the posts, and Brenton Lawrence had to come across as 4th man to put him down - didn't think he had that strength in him.

The negative is he is still one of those players that whilst defensively busy, has a howler of a missed tackle in him every match, which often leads directly to tries.

Chris Lawrence was immense. He appeared to be running quite freely and just picked his moments and lines beautifully. His off-ball work was instrumental in the havoc the backline was wreaking.

Woods makes a million metres with 100,000 carries, and that's his job, but I was impressed by the timing and choice of lines taken by Lawrence and Grant. Big Grant impresses me, he has an intelligence to his running decisions beyond just barging it up.

All-around the forwards ran the ball hard and from some depth, the commentators kept praising it.
I think you could say the same about Woodsy who also can miss a tackle with a hand grab but as he plays in the middle it's a little easier for the others around him to clean up the attacker and it's less likely to end in a try anyway. But Kyle plays wider so when he misses, or anyone else out there misses, it's obviously highlighted more because there's a greater chance it will lead to a try.

krayola

Post by krayola » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 7:45 pm

Great to see 5 forwards running for over a 100m. Can't remember that happening for a while
One of my sources is Pascoe