Proud

Fade To Black

Proud

Post by Fade To Black » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:26 pm

That's what springs to mind tonight. Against a team that is known as a physical club for the last 20 or 30 years they bought the heat and our boys gave them a return serve and more. Jesse and Woodsy were enormous, Grant as well.
Nothing better in this game than having your team stand tall and win the physical battle against a side renowned for that style, proud as punch tonight. Here's cheers!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:31 pm

Agree , Proud & Stoked for the team .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tuiaki Chicken Wings

Post by Tuiaki Chicken Wings » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:32 pm

Tell you what, I usually give it to Lovett but he really put his body on the line tonight and filled in fantastically well tonight on the right edge. Ran really well and tackled well for most of it too. But as for the forwards they were phenomenal, Sue and Grant and Woodsy were fantastic. Must say Lawrence looked really sharp tonight, threatened to break on numerous occasions. Real credit to the boys who stood up against there much more fancied opponents.

Snake

Post by Snake » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:39 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:Tell you what, I usually give it to Lovett but he really put his body on the line tonight and filled in fantastically well tonight on the right edge. Ran really well and tackled well for most of it too. But as for the forwards they were phenomenal, Sue and Grant and Woodsy were fantastic. Must say Lawrence looked really sharp tonight, threatened to break on numerous occasions. Real credit to the boys who stood up against there much more fancied opponents.

Lovett does need special mention played hard and big minutes when Siro went down does seem to have improved over the off season .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:39 pm

I agree , but I will be prouder still if its still happening in 18 rounds time

We've all seen this before , now we need to take stock , knuckle down even more and keep improving across all aspects of our performance

This all means nothing if we finish 15th again

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:46 pm

Very proud and Titans is another winnable game.
Today we saw a true champion in Winx, and a true bludger in Cleary!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:I agree , but I will be prouder still if its still happening in 18 rounds time

We've all seen this before , now we need to take stock , knuckle down even more and keep improving across all aspects of our performance

This all means nothing if we finish 15th again
Credit where credit is due, they have looked very sharp in attack and are playing fast and direct in the forwards, but like Happy I think we need to hold off a little before we start jumping up and down. I want to see how they go against a team like the Raiders who send their big men up the middle for 80 minutes

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:00 pm

The whole team contributed, our big guys again dominated the opposition, Woods, Grant, Sue, Seumanufagai were all great. Even Lovett kicked in, he has much improved this year.
Sue becomes our 'enforcer', Kapow who :)
Moses and Brooks played one of the best games so far, our short and long kicks were very good.
Who needs DCE when we have Brooks :D
Moses outplayed Walker, and Simona and Naiqama outplayed Metai and Lyons.
Tedesco is again 'simply the bet', how lucky we are to keep him here :D

Fordy20

Post by Fordy20 » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:05 pm

Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:Tell you what, I usually give it to Lovett but he really put his body on the line tonight and filled in fantastically well tonight on the right edge. Ran really well and tackled well for most of it too. But as for the forwards they were phenomenal, Sue and Grant and Woodsy were fantastic. Must say Lawrence looked really sharp tonight, threatened to break on numerous occasions. Real credit to the boys who stood up against there much more fancied opponents.
The way Lovett played tonight was how he looked early on last season before everyone started on the hate train. The guy's not a world beater by any stretch of the imagination, but he doesn't deserve the caning he copped last season.