Credit to the Coach

Snake

Credit to the Coach

Post by Snake » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:51 pm

Credit where it is due ..over the last 2 weeks he has put a well drilled and well coached side on the paddock that has got the money ,he purchased well in the off season with little funds and obviously worked hard with his assistants to raise the standard .It is a long season but Talyor certainly has hit the ground running .

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:53 pm

Tick for recruitment.

Tick for fitness side of things.

Big tick for listening to some of the boys and adapting a style of footy which suits our kids.

Keep it up and Im all for Taylor.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:55 pm

Wait to the first loss, there will be calls from the bleachers for his head. The team is playing with plenty of spirit and that doesn't happen when the players hate the coach

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:57 pm

They defended very well without Siro until the penalty's took there toll.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:58 pm

End of the day its all about results.

15th is not good enough.

Fans don't have any sort of agenda.

They just want to win.

Even taylor this year has stopped talking hogs wash about results dont matter, process does.

Even he is saying its about winning. Change in mindset in the whole place.

Its early days but they look a happy side this year, they never did last year the body language was very down beat.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:05 pm

Our real challenge will come in week 4 when we play Parra. To be honest so far the games we have played , they have been against new sides with new coaches, personalities etc. Mind you we have done well though.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:13 pm

Snake wrote:Credit where it is due ..over the last 2 weeks he has put a well drilled and well coached side on the paddock that has got the money ,he purchased well in the off season with little funds and obviously worked hard with his assistants to raise the standard .It is a long season but Talyor certainly has hit the ground running .
Yeah well said snake, credit where it's due.

The most pleasing thing for me was when Manly came back to be 16-16, we never gave in and surrended that was the most pleasing thing for me.

So many brilliant performances Tim Grant was superb up front, Lawrence flawless, Sue dynamite.
Naiqama played his best game, Moses controlled the game like a Seasoned Veteran, Brooks the Conductor, Nofo like a Steam train, Simona the antipation King and Tedesco? well of the above. I believe he will be better than Jarred Hayne IMO
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:23 pm

tsjonathan wrote:Our real challenge will come in week 4 when we play Parra. To be honest so far the games we have played , they have been against new sides with new coaches, personalities etc. Mind you we have done well though.
We've done well so far, and the whole team deserves credit for that, JT included,
And we can only play against what's in front of us. But it's a bit early to start thinking top 8 or anything like it,
I've seen too many seasons when the hopes go up only to crash with amazing regularity. If we're still rolling after we play some of the big names, then il be as optimistic as the best of them.
There was some really good stuff tonight, but there was some of the same downsides as well. Hopefully we continue to get the bikkies, and get better as well

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:40 pm

Very early days..the trick will be keeping their feet on the ground as the week to week grind kicks in..Titans is the next test...

I like the way the forwards are running hard from deep and direct with numbers around the ball runner...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:09 am

Geo. wrote:Very early days..the trick will be keeping their feet on the ground as the week to week grind kicks in..Titans is the next test...

I like the way the forwards are running hard from deep and direct with numbers around the ball runner...
Yeah Geo, grant and Woods seemed to find another gear tonight, and Grant surprised me with how hard he hit the line , and it seemed to rub off on Woodsie as well.
And the deeper running sure beats this crap about getting the ball flat footed.
I hope that keeps up.
There's some good fullbacks around, but Tedesco has just got better and better,
I hope they can keep this up.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:57 am

I thought rankin was very handy and will be an able fill in when Tedesco gets picked for soo. His side of the field hasn't really clicked yet.

Penalties were 7-1 at on stage in the first half and we bombed at least two tries.

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 7:05 am

Early days but we appear to be well coached and trying to win games. It is great to see.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 7:12 am

tsjonathan wrote:Our real challenge will come in week 4 when we play Parra. To be honest so far the games we have played , they have been against new sides with new coaches, personalities etc. Mind you we have done well though.
This will be a huge game, I think it will smash the Tigers home ground record. I expect over 50,000

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 7:52 am

still early days for taylor,but nothing beats winning.and beating manly.

spare a thought for manly here.consecutive losses- i wonder how they feel about geoff Toovey now?

i wonder who he was cheering for last night.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 7:57 am

eyewonder wrote:still early days for taylor,but nothing beats winning.and beating manly.

spare a thought for manly here.consecutive losses- i wonder how they feel about geoff Toovey now?

i wonder who he was cheering for last night.
As my first grade footie mates said last night: they might bring Toovey back after last night
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 8:40 am

Eddie wrote: Big tick for listening to some of the boys and adapting a style of footy which suits our kids.
Still can't help yourself.

Credit to the coach for... listening to players and changing the style of footy since... well, since when exactly? Tigers never played like this last year?

How about just credit to the coach for getting the team up the last two weeks and setting a good game plan, credit to the players for making it happen. Credit to all the coaching staff for what appears to have been a good off-season and preparedness for the impacts of reduced interchange.

Let us stop referring to 2015 as some huge mistake or grand secret plan by the coach. He got his mix wrong at times and the players certainly failed to play consistent football. I believe the overall approach to play in 2015 was sound and perhaps our recent good form is a reflection of that slow building process for what is very much a team of kids.

I refuse to believe that Taylor has suddenly hit this switch over the pre-season, or maybe the back end of 2015, where he used to make us play dour football, this "Taylorball", to a losing effect, and now the players have spoken and he is letting us open up to winning effect.

It ignores the spread of strong 2015 wins Rd 2 over Dragons (22-4), Rd 8 over Dogs (38-14), Rd 14 over Souths (34-6), Rd 21 over Melbourne (34-16), Rd 25 over Warriors (50-16). We have great games in us every year, the problem has always been to string them together and iron out the ordinary games.

Last night we were extremely structured, but all the key passes stuck and the machine looked very oiled. The key in attack was bodies in motion, the commitment by the backrowers and centres to run hard lines and the halves to vary their targets. The key was fast men with quick hands to target Manly's aging centres. Nobody threw it out behind the runner, very few speculator passes, not too much panic when a play was nullfied, good full use of the sets.

I'm not meaning to be negative but we have won the first:
2015 2/2 and 3/5.
2014 5/7
2013 2/3
2011 3/5
2010 4/5

Historically we are pretty good starters and seem to be underestimated by many teams. Let's not fool ourselves that Warriors and Manly are decent sides, but both not playing great footy and winless so far.

What will really impress me about the coach and the team is if they can keep this level of play up all season, not to see a run of losses that derails out campaign yet again.

Basil Tiger

Post by Basil Tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:14 am

jirskyr wrote: I'm not meaning to be negative but we have won the first:
2015 2/2 and 3/5.
2014 5/7
2013 2/3
2011 3/5
2010 4/5

Historically we are pretty good starters and seem to be underestimated by many teams. Let's not fool ourselves that Warriors and Manly are decent sides, but both not playing great footy and winless so far.

What will really impress me about the coach and the team is if they can keep this level of play up all season, not to see a run of losses that derails out campaign yet again.
Yeah,2 Swallows so far and a great start but the Warriors were pathetic in the first half and Manly are a shadow of a once great side,Lyon seems lost both in attack and defence,not sure whats going on there unless its the Coaches instructions.
I think next weeks game will be a good test,Gold Coast are in a similar position to ourselves but in the first 2 games have dug in and had a go,if we win that easily then we must have a chance against Parra.
Greetings All,from far Northern NSW.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:21 am

JT mentioned a bit of teeth gritted resolve last week...
We've seen it two weeks in a row now
Playing hard and tough when we have to.... Yet flashy when we've earn the right.
It's been a long learning curve... More than a season... I still see things like Brooks chip which will cost us... But they're learning and have been for a while... Too bad many can't see the hard work they've been doing and appreciate it.... You think it's just all come together this year??
Lol