Mitch Moses touched the ref

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Mitch Moses touched the ref

Post by jadtiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 1:20 pm

Newtown wrote:The only real referee touching incident I can remember is Blocker Roach patting the referee on his head during a match at Brookvale. Roach got at least a couple of weeks for that and if remember correctly missed out on some finals matches.
He missed the rest of the season including the grand final still a sore point with many Balmain supporters

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 2:07 pm

The media are trying to harp on a nothing situation, with the News Sport reporter saying " Mitch Moses sure to attract the attention of the Match review Officials after Man handling the Ref in last nights game ".

Seriously :shock:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 2:21 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Newtown wrote:The only real referee touching incident I can remember is Blocker Roach patting the referee on his head during a match at Brookvale. Roach got at least a couple of weeks for that and if remember correctly missed out on some finals matches.
He missed the rest of the season including the grand final still a sore point with many Balmain supporters
The incident Blocker missed the '88 Grand Final for was a high tackle on Penrith's Chris Mortimer. When he patted Eddie Ward on the head in 1990 he got 4 weeks suspension and $5000 fine, didn't miss any finals matches from it though.

Tony33

Post by Tony33 » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:06 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:The Ref has more rights in being there than Mitch... He is in charge!
Sounds like Happy needs to buy you a referees jersey with your favourite refs name on the back Watto :lol:

Nothing in it, like others have said he backed into him and there was no intent. Unlike the Klemmer situation.

As for his banter, he has always been like that it just comes with the personality. Just like Benji had his swagger in his hay day. He will settle down with maturity, for now I don't see him crossing any lines. I'll take it so long he continues his impressive form.
2015 - The Year The Dynasty Began...

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah he has been cleared of any wrong doing.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:20 pm

Obviously there is touching and then there "TOUCHING" a referee, all down to the intent/interpretation.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:53 pm

lathami wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:Well jt needs to pull him aside and have a chat about discipline. Aside from this, Just too much chat to refs and opposition players. He is setting the bar too high and it is distracting from his good play. Until he starts making all his tackles he should be quiet.
I'd like to see him pull his head in a bit, and just play.
Has more ability than I first thought, but seems to love talking himself up at the moment.I agree that either JT or Woods should be having a word to him. Before the head gets too big.
Easy champ, if u watch Mitch play throughout his short career u would know he's always been a talker. That gives him the edge he needs, got suspended for it in a early rep game. Doubt he's going to change to soon!
He's like ennis but no where near that bad...
Even though no big fan of Ennis, I think he got a bit more of a right to have a say on the field( and most people just laugh at his crap anyway'. )He's been first grade standard for a long time. Been there done that.
Moses is still in the process of becoming a first grader. All things point to him doing just that, but until he's got some more experience under his belt, he should let his football do the talking for him.
He's still got a long way to go.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 4:31 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
The incident Blocker missed the '88 Grand Final for was a high tackle on Penrith's Chris Mortimer. When he patted Eddie Ward on the head in 1990 he got 4 weeks suspension and $5000 fine, didn't miss any finals matches from it though.
Beg to differ FTB - the incident at Brookvale where Roach patted Eddie Ward on the head, kept Roach out of the Grand Final that year. Can still see it at the scoreboard end / grandstand side about 15 metres out.

Balmain tried everything to get him off and have him play in the Grand Final. They were going to fly him to the UK to play a couple of games so he could play in the GF but the League wouldn't allow it. That is my recollection of it.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 4:33 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:who is going to have the privilege to start the definitive thread on Mitch - make it good "Mitch The Second Coming" or ........ Or even a play on his surname - leading them out of the wilderness

Don't need to now - I think most are on board with Mitchell finally.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 4:34 pm

Russell wrote:
Fade To Black wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
Beg to differ FTB - the incident at Brookvale where Roach patted Eddie Ward on the head, kept Roach out of the Grand Final that year. Can still see it at the scoreboard end / grandstand side about 15 metres out.

Balmain tried everything to get him off and have him play in the Grand Final. They were going to fly him to the UK to play a couple of games so he could play in the GF but the League wouldn't allow it. That is my recollection of it.
Sorry mate but you're wrong and FTB is correct. Your recollection of the UK attempted dodge is correct but the suspension was due to the hit on Mortimer in the 5th place playoff.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 4:38 pm

^No Russell, he didn't miss the GF for patting Eddie Ward. That incident happened 2 seasons after Blocker missed the '88 GF. He flew to England but the NSWRL refused to let him play a few games as a guest of a Pommy club (Warrington I think it was) so he never got on the field in the '88 GF, he listened to the game on the radio over the telephone whilst laying in bed in England he reported in his autobiography.

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 4:40 pm

Fade To Black wrote:^No Russell, he didn't miss the GF for patting Eddie Ward. That incident happened 2 seasons after Blocker missed the '88 GF. He flew to England but the NSWRL refused to let him play a few games as a guest of a Pommy club (Warrington I think it was) so he never got on the field in the '88 GF, he listened to the game on the radio over the telephone whilst laying in bed in England he reported in his autobiography.
Apologies FTB - must be getting really old.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 5:17 pm

All good Russ!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 6:51 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
jadtiger wrote:
I stand corrected its amazing how your memory lets you down lol

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:28 pm

I was at the ground that day when roach was sent off. We got a right doing and had 11 players on the field at one stage and still should of won if Russell Gartner has another yard of pace.

Roach being suspended cost us the 88 gf. Roach would have sorted Paul Dunn who was best on ground that day and would of killed terry lamb. Roach was a scary individual, a pinch off being a lunatic. But could play.