Could This Be Different?

Geo.

Re: Could This Be Different?

Post by Geo. » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:04 pm

Week at a time....Titans are a lot better than I thought they would be at the start of the season...it wont be easy up there...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

Magpie Magic

Post by Magpie Magic » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:07 pm

No different than a couple of years ago under Potter when we were going well till we lost Farah teddy and a couple of other backs.
We need luck with injuries especially in the backs and very especially at fullback and the three quarters . Guys like Simona and Naquaima are indispensable and very good positional players not to mention teddy and the halves.

Take last years brookie game when we led but lost Nofa and another centre and we unraveled before haf time.
Was expecting a win tonight as i posted elsewhere and luckily for me backed em big.
With an attcking mobile style we have hopes.

As for Manly they will really discover how good Foran is.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:23 pm

We can't continue to concede 20 odd points a game and expect to come away with a win .
Defense still needs major work , but I'll happily take the 2 points against the Silver tail scum !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

stevetiger

Post by stevetiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:39 pm

Yep. Injuries can still kill us. Still I reckon we have better depth this year.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:44 pm

Titans went much better than the scoreline suggests against a strong Melb team led very well by c smith.

Next week will be a fair barometer of where we are at. We have the team to beat them but if we don't show up mentally they will towel us.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:45 pm

Geo. wrote:Week at a time....Titans are a lot better than I thought they would be at the start of the season...it wont be an easy trip up there...
No it won't , your 11 fingers will be a dead giveaway :lol:

pHyR3

Post by pHyR3 » Mon 14 Mar, 2016 10:50 pm

injuries and edge defence will define our season

lets hope grinding out a few wins last year rubbed off as well as improving defensive structures. edge defence looked very average at times

regardless - if we stay fit (unlike 2014) finishing outside the top 10 or even top 8 would be very poor.
''Everybody talks about their four brothers, we have 17 here so we don't really care about them."

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:09 am

Our ability to get on the front foot, the speed and hard direct running from our forwards has been fantastic and the ball handling and crispness of our backs has been electric. Keeping it up all year is our challenge, if we can do it and at the same time improve our defence, we're capable of anything.
Good signs but i wouldn't get too carried away yet.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:18 am

The titans should be one of those that we really lift our for and against. However, we always struggle against the lesser teams - year in, year out. Time to put an end to that.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 1:19 pm

No point jumping at shadows, worrying about injuries. Every team gets them at some point.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 3:40 pm

MacDougall wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Nope. We will put 50 on them.
Hope youre right.....youre a bit excited right now eh?
Hell yes I am.

The Titans are the perfect team for us to face next week. They are not good, they have a poor record against us, it is a game we should win. We have a very good recent record in QLD. The team needs to prove they are the real deal and win these games. If we put away the Titans well next week, we're the real deal.
We have a very good recent record in QLD? We haven't beaten the Broncos up there for a decade I'd say. Our record in QLD wouldn't be real flash apart from a couple of wins at Skilled Stadium or whatever the hell they call the joint these days.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 4:39 pm

bathursttiger wrote:Moses could be in trouble for next weeks, hands on Peranara

No one charged from the game. Accidental touch. Wrong ref.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 5:56 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Hell yes I am.

The Titans are the perfect team for us to face next week. They are not good, they have a poor record against us, it is a game we should win. We have a very good recent record in QLD. The team needs to prove they are the real deal and win these games. If we put away the Titans well next week, we're the real deal.
We have a very good recent record in QLD? We haven't beaten the Broncos up there for a decade I'd say. Our record in QLD wouldn't be real flash apart from a couple of wins at Skilled Stadium or whatever the hell they call the joint these days.
We've won 3 of our last 4 against the Gold Coast on the Gold Coast.

Mac tiger

Post by Mac tiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 8:16 pm

Danger game for us - we should get the money but need to respect the Titans who are travelling much better than many expected and have a decent line up.

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Tue 15 Mar, 2016 9:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
southerntiger wrote:As usual it will depend on whether we can keep the troops on the park. Im still concerned that we let teams get back into match despite seeming to be in control. Origin period will be very tough, particularly if Teddy gets picked for the Blues.
I think we only play one game without origin playes...v Brisbane
Thats good. I haven't looked at the draw and assumed we would have the usual horrible origin run.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Thu 17 Mar, 2016 4:04 pm

We all like the way wests tigers attack.
Would like to see the defensive lapses in a game, reduced to a minimum.
Once again they leaked points just before half time.
This has been a persistent problem for some seasons.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 8:37 am

MacDougall wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Hell yes I am.

No real deal

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:18 am

MacDougall wrote:And we play the Titans next week, who we should towel, and we have a very good record on the Gold Coast and an even better one when I actually watch em.
I think its time to re evaluate your way of thinking Mac...I bet you were pretty disappointed to go up there and watch that crap...isn't it funny how this team can show great ability one week and then their true colours the next..their true colours being pure immaturity....

They proved that they have a lot to learn in regards to NRL,particularly defensive grind and to be in the game for 80 minutes. .

Keep your chin up...we all have to...but then again we are WTs supporters and we should have expected this type of showing after a tidy start to the season,let's see how they bounce back against the Eels,that game will test their intestinal fortitude..cheers Mac...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D