Round 3 (vs Titans) Live Match Thread

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Round 3 (vs Titans) Live Match Thread

Post by 851 » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:34 pm

We have conceded 26, 22 and 30 points in 3 games, Parra will put 70 on these blokes, that was disgraceful
Go hard or go home


User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3499
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:36 pm

The writing has been on the wall, we've capitulated in the second half in our first 2 games and it looks like it's becoming a trend.
Congrats to the Titans, they certainly did their homework on us, they shut our backline down very well and stuck it to our forwards, the Titans are a very capable football team when they show up.

Our second halves are a real problem.

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1834
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:39 pm

Not too worried tbh. I expected and predicted we would struggle on a 5 day turn around as does every team especially with 85% HUMIDITY and hot weather.

Need to work on our defence but in general not many teams win 3 in a row and no one wins after a 5 day turn around esp travelling interstate

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3580
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:39 pm

851 wrote:We have conceded 26, 22 and 30 points in 3 games, Parra will put 70 on these blokes, that was disgraceful
I would like to say you are wrong but unfortunately i cant "coach"taylor has not improved our defence 1 iota since he got here despite it being his main priority

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:41 pm

TIGER wrote:The writing has been on the wall, we've capitulated in the second half in our first 2 games and it looks like it's becoming a trend.
Congrats to the Titans, they certainly did their homework on us, they shut our backline down very well and stuck it to our forwards, the Titans are a very capable football team when they show up.

Our second halves are a real problem.
Ball control and defence are our problems, super coach needs to address this ASAP, although I won't hold my breath
Go hard or go home


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6175
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:42 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:Goal kickings crap as well
Aye. 5 tries and 5/5 s 4 tries and 1/4.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:45 pm

stryker wrote:This wasn't lack of structure it was bloody awful ball control caused by arrogance.
I don't get the comments about structures and grinding out wins and all the rest of it. It often comes down to players catching the footy, not giving away dumb penalties and making tackles that need to be made.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3808
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:47 pm

Welcome back to all the "team can't play" & "Taylor can't coach" posters. Have obviously been otherwise occupied for the last few weeks.

User avatar
kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1847
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:48 pm

I am sick of Taylor's bum boy Lovett he is rotten no other team would have him,

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:49 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
stryker wrote::shock:
TrueTiger wrote:No good having a brilliant,youthful team with great attacking skills....if you can't defend and grind out the game for 80 minutes....this is what happens when they switch off....

Still a very immature football team...but this could be the wake up call JT and the team need...there is still 23 rounds to go,I certainly hope they improve or I think we will have to go back to 2015 structures and we all know what we think of them...don't we...
Yeah because they worked so well didn't they?
This wasn't lack of structure it was bloody awful ball control caused by arrogance.
As I said stryker,still a very immature football team,yes they are arrogant,they think they can win games on brilliant flair and attack.....it was great for the first 20 minutes,then the Titans gave them a footy lesson..
Did you watch the game at all ?

We were poor from the start. We got lucky and scored a couple of great tries at the start and at the end but we were a rabble. It had nothing at all to do with thinking we would win based on brilliance and flair. It had everything to do with being a rabble which includes dropping the ball, missing easy tackles and giving away dumb penalties.

User avatar
cktiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3516
Joined: Fri 12 Nov, 2010 10:37 am

Post by cktiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:49 pm

851 wrote:
TIGER wrote:The writing has been on the wall, we've capitulated in the second half in our first 2 games and it looks like it's becoming a trend.
Congrats to the Titans, they certainly did their homework on us, they shut our backline down very well and stuck it to our forwards, the Titans are a very capable football team when they show up.

Our second halves are a real problem.
Ball control and defence are our problems, super coach needs to address this ASAP, although I won't hold my breath
It's the middle part of the game we drop off. We start well and finish well.
Obviously it relates to our bench.
Also think the young guys still think they can get away with anything and throw possession away too easily .
Maybe hard on Cherrington but when he is on there's no experience.
Can't believe Lovett is there every week - too many penalties and still missing the crucial tackles.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3580
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:49 pm

kafta wrote:I am sick of Taylor's bum boy Lovett he is rotten no other team would have him,
He was 100 times better than the log Buchanan

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41528
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:50 pm

I'm sorry but many of tonights problems revolved around Brooks and some stupid options he took

Why did we switch our attack to the left after having so much success going right ??

Twice he tries to hit Lawrence with tight balls that were never on , early in the second half when we were set to the right he decides to switch to a short blind with nothing on

Everyone loves it when we run and gun sides off the park , but we have no back up plans when it falls apart

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:50 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:Not too worried tbh. I expected and predicted we would struggle on a 5 day turn around as does every team especially with 85% HUMIDITY and hot weather.

Need to work on our defence but in general not many teams win 3 in a row and no one wins after a 5 day turn around esp travelling interstate
I think that this is the most likely thing that happened. We just had a shocker.

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:54 pm

happy tiger wrote:I'm sorry but many of tonights problems revolved around Brooks and some stupid options he took
Yes he was poor.
happy tiger wrote:Twice he tries to hit Lawrence with tight balls that were never on
Yes but Lawrence did have ball security tonight.
happy tiger wrote:Everyone loves it when we run and gun sides off the park , but we have no back up plans when it falls apart
And here we go again.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:55 pm

Harvey wrote:Welcome back to all the "team can't play" & "Taylor can't coach" posters. Have obviously been otherwise occupied for the last few weeks.
If you couldn't see the under lying problems being masked by the the 2 early wins , then carry on, Taylor hasn't done anything with this team since last year except let Brooks and Moses have more free reign. The same problems from last year are still there, but you carry on jerking off over JT's 2 early wins
Go hard or go home

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10198
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:56 pm

happy tiger wrote:I'm sorry but many of tonights problems revolved around Brooks and some stupid options he took

Why did we switch our attack to the left after having so much success going right ??

Twice he tries to hit Lawrence with tight balls that were never on , early in the second half when we were set to the right he decides to switch to a short blind with nothing on

Everyone loves it when we run and gun sides off the park , but we have no back up plans when it falls apart
Brooks needs to play a proper half back role .
His cute little chip kicks are killing us .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5709
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Sat 19 Mar, 2016 11:59 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I'm sorry but many of tonights problems revolved around Brooks and some stupid options he took

Why did we switch our attack to the left after having so much success going right ??

Twice he tries to hit Lawrence with tight balls that were never on , early in the second half when we were set to the right he decides to switch to a short blind with nothing on

Everyone loves it when we run and gun sides off the park , but we have no back up plans when it falls apart
Brooks needs to play a proper half back role .
His cute little chip kicks are killing us .
The problem is every team now has videos showing what we are likely to and what we don't do. Titans comprehended the video perfectly. I hope this team doesn't now become one dimensional like last year. Over to you Jason.

Post Reply