Round 3 (vs Titans) Live Match Thread

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7920
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Re: Round 3 (vs Titans) Live Match Thread

Post by MacDougall » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 12:59 am

I also had really bad wind.


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5827
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:02 am

pezza103 wrote:Was at the game and a few things that was noted .....

1. They looked very carefree in the warm up
2. First 15-20 was off the back of lots of possession and as soon as the Titans decided to kick long on a few sets our blokes looked gassed with 15 to go .
3. They ran us ragged in the middle with lots of switching close to the line , parra were good at this against the dogs . Be afraid
4. Moses was bad , brooks run some decent lines , Buchanan is not a first grader and the Titans were much more energetic . There line speed was twice as good as ours .
5. Tedesco , rankin and Kev played well

Our defence was really bad at crucial times and the Titans deserved the win
I was there as well and the old GCT curse was workingnat top form, with the exception of last year , whenever I go to a Titans ground we get bounced.

I'd agree with most of what you saidPezza103, except that after the first 20 minutes, BOTH Moses and Brooks were useless. It's true as some have pointed out that the forwards weren't going forward , as they have in the first rounds. And that was true.
But it maybe have helped if Moses had taken on the line on a few occasions except just continuing to put up bombs when no one was chasing. After the first 20 minutes there was players across the ground( our team) who were absolutely gone. And our kick chase just got slower.
kevvie looked completely buggered
After a great start for him he looked like he was going to collapse.
It was extremely humid around here at 6pm , but it seemed fo have improved a bit by the time that we got to the ground, and I guess it was the same for both teams.
The team seemed like they ran into a brick wall

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5827
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:10 am

Yossarian wrote:Well unless you have Kevvie in your fantasy team that was disappointing. 5 tries to four in the end is a bit of a false impression. Farah back in and Mania might need a stretch in the reggies.
And wasn't someone saying only a week or two that Mosed was greatly superior than Richards and was destined to be the greatest goal kicker ever for WTs????

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10667
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 6:34 am

Disappointing loss, but not unexpected. The lack of goal kicking doesn't do our for and against much good either, are we understand 60% after all 3 games?

stevetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5111
Joined: Mon 25 Feb, 2013 7:59 am

Post by stevetiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:17 am

tigermac88 wrote:
stevetiger wrote:
tigermac88 wrote:In our first two games we had good go forward from our pigs, this allows your playmakers time and space to put the backline plays on... If there is no go forward then this then takes that time away from the playmakers and what results is what you seen tonight dropped balls rushed passes and poor decision making. If you don't win the ruck and get good go forward then you can't play the attacking style of play that won us our first 2 games... It's not rocket science
You are right but there were some poor plays from our halves and Tedesco didn't perform. You can't blame all of this on the forwards not going well. Our key players need to win us games when things aren't going well.
I'm not saying it's all the forwards fault I'm saying that if they aren't rolling forward the halves don't have time to put those plays on or they are rushed into a poor decision, we needed to put some of the back line plays away and instead of pushing the pass roll up the sleeves and get in the grind until you are getting the go forward and that's when things open up for you... Are you saying its up to Teddy to perform or our halves to pull off something freakish if we are to win a game?? That's rediculous
I'm stating that the halves and Tedesco are not always going to have their forwards dominating and we still need to win games under those circumstances.

You can't expect the forwards to smash every other team consistently.


User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 3019
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am

Post by TIGER » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 9:29 am

The Titans had every backline movement of ours covered, even when our forwards laid a platform with good go forward and quick play the balls the Titans defended us easily.
I think we ran out of ideas, we just kept persisting with the same plays and the Titans kept shutting us down, which led to maybe a bit of frustration and mistakes.

Boonboon2
Member
Member
Posts: 1777
Joined: Tue 12 Feb, 2013 5:10 pm

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:02 am

Except our backline scored 4 tries which should be enough to win you most matches. We missed 14 tackles compared to Titans 21, we made the same amount of errors and for 65 minutes we didn't let in a try - just a 15 min period where the short turnaround and the humidity and heat combined to leave us exhausted

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 10:53 am

NJLM78 wrote:Why don't we take two points when its on offer?
Good question. I noticed this season, teams are choosing to play on, rather then take the two that's on offer. Including the Broncos...And they always used to take the two.
Go figure.

TrueTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am

Post by TrueTiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 11:37 am

Tigermama wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:Why don't we take two points when its on offer?
Good question. I noticed this season, teams are choosing to play on, rather then take the two that's on offer. Including the Broncos...And they always used to take the two.
Go figure.
Well Mama,I think it is the very low percentage play,trying to go for the try and conversion for 6 points,when I would rather take the 2 and get the ball back,making the opposition defend and then we can make our way into their redzone keeping the pressure on them...just my opinion mama and everybodies got one...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

User avatar
foreveratiger
Member
Member
Posts: 11768
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 8:03 pm

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:11 pm

A very disappointing result and one that will teach the guys not to get ahead of themselves......like JT said last week " your never going as good as the media says and your never going as bad as they say" .

The short turnaround didn't help our cause but don't want to put excuses as the Titans were the better side and were deserved winners.

The Humidity didn't help , we looked spent around the 30 minute mark and errors started creeping in our game due to fatigue , we weren't completing our Sets and took very poor options at times instead of building pressure.
Lovett's knock on 3 minutes from half time 30 metres out that led to the Titans Try was a real killer blow, i noticed we tried to throw a few passes within our 10 ( risky Footy ).
Nofo is a real concern under the high ball and any opponents Coach will be targeting that....he is going to have quite a few nervous moments with Radradra coming through :o .

Our defence is still a massive issue and this " defensive structure talk " well there isn't any .
We have conceded 26 Points to the Warriors , 22 Points to Manly and 30 Points to the Titans , conceding an average of 26 Points per game thus far is simply way to high and that suggests that nothing has been learn't from these so called structures of last year....i don't buy it.
Defence wins those big games and we are no where near that level IMO.

In saying all that......i have been really happy that we are playing a more open brand of footy and an exciting brand , we just need to get the balance right and earn the right to attack.

We still need some signings in the Forwards , not bothered with players such as Lovett , Sironen and Buchanan .
Anyway i haven't got high expectations for the year and enjoyed our 1st 2 games.....we can't win every week , it just would of been good to go into the Parra game 3/3 .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5326
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:13 pm

If moses kicked all goals it would have been 30-24

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 1:52 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tigermama wrote:
NJLM78 wrote:Why don't we take two points when its on offer?
Good question. I noticed this season, teams are choosing to play on, rather then take the two that's on offer. Including the Broncos...And they always used to take the two.
Go figure.
Well Mama,I think it is the very low percentage play,trying to go for the try and conversion for 6 points,when I would rather take the 2 and get the ball back,making the opposition defend and then we can make our way into their redzone keeping the pressure on them...just my opinion mama and everybodies got one...
I would rather they take the two too TT! Especially now we don't have a decent kicker, to convert those very important conversions. :(

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4330
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:14 pm

Milky wrote:If moses kicked all goals it would have been 30-24

And we still lose.

Without the mocka that you put on them mate - it would have been 18-0.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:24 pm

sheer64 wrote:They must have the tallest wingers outside Edrick Lee! Expect some high kicks at our wingers when they are attacking.
Well they did eventually do this but not until we gifted them field position again and again.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:51 pm

stryker wrote:Catch and pass, catch and pass, no one running angles, no one using footwork, no one straightening the attack...just catch and pass, catch and pass.

What has happened at training this week?
They've got to get rid of the 5 day turn around. It doesn't give players much time to heal their bruises and niggles and also do some serious training as well. Light training is the most they would have done.

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 2:56 pm

Demps wrote:Ash Taylor is a really weird looking dude
Looks like a gremlin.

Anyways, 12-10....
Shame.
I'm sure his girlfriend disagrees Demps. :lol:
Looks aside, he's an awsome goal kicker ;)

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39023
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 3:04 pm

foreveratiger wrote:A very disappointing result and one that will teach the guys not to get ahead of themselves......like JT said last week " your never going as good as the media says and your never going as bad as they say" .

The short turnaround didn't help our cause but don't want to put excuses as the Titans were the better side and were deserved winners.

The Humidity didn't help , we looked spent around the 30 minute mark and errors started creeping in our game due to fatigue , we weren't completing our Sets and took very poor options at times instead of building pressure.
Lovett's knock on 3 minutes from half time 30 metres out that led to the Titans Try was a real killer blow, i noticed we tried to throw a few passes within our 10 ( risky Footy ).
Nofo is a real concern under the high ball and any opponents Coach will be targeting that....he is going to have quite a few nervous moments with Radradra coming through :o .

Our defence is still a massive issue and this " defensive structure talk " well there isn't any .
We have conceded 26 Points to the Warriors , 22 Points to Manly and 30 Points to the Titans , conceding an average of 26 Points per game thus far is simply way to high and that suggests that nothing has been learn't from these so called structures of last year....i don't buy it.
Defence wins those big games and we are no where near that level IMO.

In saying all that......i have been really happy that we are playing a more open brand of footy and an exciting brand , we just need to get the balance right and earn the right to attack.

We still need some signings in the Forwards , not bothered with players such as Lovett , Sironen and Buchanan .
Anyway i haven't got high expectations for the year and enjoyed our 1st 2 games.....we can't win every week , it just would of been good to go into the Parra game 3/3 .
Worse still , no red cordial or pies left in Qld according to the Courier Mail

Tigermama
Member
Member
Posts: 4351
Joined: Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:33 am

Post by Tigermama » Sun 20 Mar, 2016 3:06 pm

hobbo2803 wrote:Goal kickings crap as well

Sure is Hobbo. Mosses seems to rush them, doesn't take his time. He's very impatient with his kicking. He needs a kicking coach and needs to put in extra hours practising his kicks.
God help us if he doesn't. :o

Post Reply